What's new

India unveils 5-year military buildup plan against China

it seems like you are very proud of copying. :rofl:

what an achievement.!!:smitten:

China will do whatever it can to get from A to B. There is nothing wrong with copying if it will help you develop into an independent power.

Don't forget that America is not so innocent either. Most of its' weapons and rocket technology after WW2 was copied from Germany.

Look indians why are you on a self suicidal mission or a self inhalation mission! you know you're out matched by China and the progress on the other side in China is rapid.. their technology is getting if not much closer somewhat relatively on the path of western blue prints while you're is russian while the progress of China allows China to spend multifold on research and development while you don't even have this much instead the money that had to to be spend on slums and people of india has been diverted to defense is that a great thing to do?

Lastly you can't win a war with just couple of carriers and a carrier is not immortal!

shchinese...My good Chinese friend "Silence is Weapon" the longer you be silent the longer enemy will be frustrated and make the first move to annihilate themselves ain't that great a proven method in history!

JUST REPLACE INDIA WITH PAKISTAN AND CHINA WITH INDIA IN YOUR POST AND THINK ABOUT -...IT WILL PROBABLY ANSWER YOUR OWN QUESTION..........

India is proud of relying on foreign weapon!

Making a weapon is not call copying. It is too complicated to be call copying. It should be reverse engineering! Technology is learned during reverse engineering!

China will do whatever it can to get from A to B. There is nothing wrong with copying if it will help you develop into an independent power.

Don't forget that America is not so innocent either. Most of its' weapons and rocket technology after WW2 was copied from Germany.

China is copying stuff and it cannot be superpower, if it wants to be in that way.

America may have copied, but they change that technology and develop it more advance and that is how America is super power.

India is proud of relying on foreign weapon!

Making a weapon is not call copying.
It is too complicated to be call copying. It should be reverse engineering! Technology is learned during reverse engineering!

Read again what you said before and than replay me.

you said

but India cannot even do the copy work.
even a tiny island singapore can produce howitzers but india cannot.
when i saw the 'army dumps insas' thread my reaction was like gee, grey boy was actually right

Now tell me, what does that mean??????:cool:

Ask singapore if they can match US in terms of reliability and Technology.

Singapore population is only 4millions! How are we compare to US (200millions) and India (1billion)

At least Singapore GDP per pax is higher than US!

i'm not proud of copying, just point out a fact. copy is also a way of learning and u shd be ashame for not being able to learn how to copy/not being able to learn fast.

I didn't say you're not investing in R&D in general, i am saying you are not investing in Howitzers.

The howitzers case is just an example but it applies to other things as well. Every dollar you spend on foreign weapons, is a dollar that you cannot spend on R&D developing the same weapons.

See,

At this point of time we cannot put money in R&D for each and every thing.

Yes, that money is going to the foreigners but then we are getting equally good and superior weapon systems.

Look at it like this, Every dollar spent on R&D is deducted from our defence budget, and not that we will invent something overnight and then soon induct in for operation? It takes decades to develop a technological advanced product. Why do we compare JF 17 or LCA tejas with 30 year old F 16, even J 10 is in the same race. 30 40 year old F 16?? So how does it feel that our technology is just a match to 30 year old fighter? LCA TEJAS is a waste for me, in case, yes in case, we solely rely on it. It is just dead meat to Fighters of the current era.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Because we cannot match them. we will not match them for decades or even centuries to come.

Singapore population is only 4millions! How are we compare to US (200millions) and India (1billion)

At least Singapore GDP per pax is higher than US!

Neither I am talking about GDP nor Population. India has a huge population but we accept the fact and Media let us know that current state is not such that we can reply completely on Local.

The comparision is about Technology. That neither India, nor China can surpass, when US, EU, Russia comes into the picture.

China is copying stuff and it cannot be superpower, if it wants to be in that way.

America may have copied, but they change that technology and develop it more advance and that is how America is super power.

How do you think they copy things? Do they put it in a photocopier? No, they reverse engineer it, learn from it and develop more advanced versions, just like you say America has done.

i'm not proud of copying, just point out a fact. copy is also a way of learning and u shd be ashame for not being able to learn how to copy/not being able to learn fast.

than why the world is always comparing India with China???:cool:

What needs? Is there an urgent need for them? Is there going to be a war between China and India in the near future?

What if America told you to give independence to Kashmir or they will sanction you and stop the world from selling you weapons, what will you do? You would have to give independence to Kashmir.

This is what i mean when i talk about independence!

Its contingency planning. We think that there wont be any war, but if it happens?? We cannot leave the army unarmed because we think there wont be any war, can we??!!

Just like we are sure that there wont be any war, we are sure that we will have friendly relations with US.

Besides, We don't have as much money as US, or even China has. They can invest heavily in all kinds of things, we cant. Already lot is being spent in research. From guns and missiles to tanks and planes. How much can we expect from the single research institute. The private industries have yet to show interest in defense research on a broad level.

It may seems surprising that a country that can produce missiles, can't produce towed artillery!! But when you think about it, everything which are prone to sanctions, which can lead someone to dictate terms over us, which wont be sold to us, are being researched (missiles, planes etc). Things like towed artillery, which wont put too much economical burden, wont be effected by sanctions etc, are being purchased.

Last edited:
How do you think they copy things? Do they put it in a photocopier? No, they reverse engineer it, learn from it and develop more advanced versions, just like you say America has done.

R u from Iran??

How come Communist government shared so much with you???:undecided:

See,

At this point of time we cannot put money in R&D for each and every thing.

Yes, that money is going to the foreigners but then we are getting equally good and superior weapon systems.

Look at it like this, Every dollar spent on R&D is deducted from our defence budget, and not that we will invent something overnight and then soon induct in for operation? It takes decades to develop a technological advanced product. Why do we compare JF 17 or LCA tejas with 30 year old F 16, even J 10 is in the same race. 30 40 year old F 16?? So how does it feel that our technology is just a match to 30 year old fighter? LCA TEJAS is a waste for me, in case, yes in case, we solely rely on it. It is just dead meat to Fighters of the current era.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Because we cannot match them. we will not match them for decades or even centuries to come.

You will not match them for centuries to come because you never started developing them to begin with! According to you, India should never attempt building anything because you can always buy a better one from abroad.

I posted this a few pages back but no one responded, maybe you can?

What if America told you to give independence to Kashmir or they will sanction you and stop the world from selling you weapons, what will you do? You would have to give independence to Kashmir.

This is what i mean when i talk about independence!

Back
Top Bottom