What's new

India unveils 5-year military buildup plan against China

You meant US..

A simple fact, It would be stupid to produce anything and induct.

There are a few things which is not economical to produce, and moreover when we don't have the cutting edge technology, obviously not like US. So why not buy the best?

Our local industry would take sometime to mature, but still countires like US, Russia, France etc, they are having immense experience in producing arms.

Why would I buy a GAS jeans when John Players is also a good brand and Indian. It is good but can't Remiss the GAS JEANS.

Your local industry will never develop if you don't invest in it. How will India learn how to make howitzers if it doesn't invest in R&D?

What matters is that it is "built in China".

I am sure you wouldn't choose China mobile over I Phone.

The day Mr X won't have farmers in his country, he would have no other choice but to indulge in farming to feed himself.

With the money used to purchase them from America, you could have invested into R&D into building your own. It might take a long time, but when are you going to start?

I have said this before a few pages back but i will say it again. There will be no war between India and China in the short term. Buying foreign weapons is a short term solution (to a non existent problem) for the long term, you have to invest in R&D, but you're not going to do that if you keep thinking in the short term and buying everything because "developing your own will take a long time".

Its not that we will go to war, but we have to be prepared.
The need is present. DRDO has got its hands full with lot of projects. Besides, we cannot invest in R&D and than production facilities, and than the product itself, yet achieve the cost and quality that the purchased artillery (I am talking about towed artillery piece specifically). May be in future, we will do research. May be next time we will have indigenous artillery piece. But right now, research can not fulfill the needs of army.

The day Mr X won't have farmers in his country, he would have no other choice but to indulge in farming to feed himself.

Well Iphone is still Made in China.

China had helped India setup their telecommunication network. Prepare to see more China mobile...

The need is present. DRDO has got its hands full with lot of projects. Besides, we cannot invest in R&D and than production facilities, and than the product itself, yet achieve the cost and quality that the purchased artillery (I am talking about towed artillery piece specifically). May be in future, we will do research. May be next time we will have indigenous artillery piece. But right now, research can not fulfill the needs of army.

Poor excuse!!!

That is not the same thing. The same thing would be if Chinese companies stopped producing Phones because apple produces a better one. You have to start from somewhere!

Does tht mean honour(less), u were making Russian weapons bt they were nt Russian...... Bt by making it in ur country, does it change the applied technology of the rifle??????????/ And if it does....... Aren't u guyzz mindless freaks tht u were copying Russian Designs eventhough u had better technology as u claim(which I don't blieve)?????????? Nerds again..............

but india cannot even do the copy work.
even a tiny island singapore can produce howitzers but india cannot.
when i saw the 'army dumps insas' thread my reaction was like gee, grey boy was actually right :rofl:

Your local industry will never develop if you don't invest in it. How will India learn how to make howitzers if it doesn't invest in R&D?

Please improve your line of sight. I no where said we aren't investing in R&D. But I am not here to give you a lesson on where did we do that. Just google it.

Local Industries are flushed with money and India has entered in hell lot of Joint ventures with foreign compnies to develop its industry.

India pushed more money for its LCA program though it was considered down in the drain. The experience gained is huge and I don't like to claim that it is going to be a reality as I am sure many would jump in with fantasy.

At this point of time, India cannot rely on local industry. But don't bother, it is in developing phase with not just local techs. But techs from all over the world.

when i saw the 'army dumps insas' thread my reaction was like gee, grey boy was actually right :rofl:

it seems like you are very proud of copying. :rofl:

what an achievement.!!:smitten:

What needs? Is there an urgent need for them? Is there going to be a war between China and India in the near future?

What if America told you to give independence to Kashmir or they will sanction you and stop the world from selling you weapons, what will you do? You would have to give independence to Kashmir.

This is what i mean when i talk about independence!

Please improve your line of sight. I no where said we aren't investing in R&D. But I am not here to give you a lesson on where did we do that. Just google it.

Local Industries are flushed with money and India has entered in hell lot of Joint ventures with foreign compnies to develop its industry.

India pushed more money for its LCA program though it was considered down in the drain. The experience gained is huge and I don't like to claim that it is going to be a reality as I am sure many would jump in with fantasy.

At this point of time, India cannot rely on local industry. But don't bother, it is in developing phase with not just local techs. But techs from all over the world.

I didn't say you're not investing in R&D in general, i am saying you are not investing in Howitzers.

The howitzers case is just an example but it applies to other things as well. Every dollar you spend on foreign weapons, is a dollar that you cannot spend on R&D developing the same weapons.

Ask singapore if they can match US in terms of reliability and Technology.

Back
Top Bottom