What's new

India to train Afghan Forces.

GOOD! india should train afghan forces in counter insurgency in Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School in Vairengte, Mizoram,:guns:.This would be very helpful for them to fight insurgents

Agree mate but India haven't had losses and no blood has been shed by Indians. I pray they dont either. Issue is we have a huge border with Afghanistan and the sacrifices our everyday people have made for Afghanistan have never been appreciated. I think it is a really difficult task which India will have to go in with both eyes wide open and be prepared for a long ride. Can India afford the $$ to carry a sustained long involvement? Could they not use that on better things back home?

A country has many needs,and internal necessities essentially differ from the external ones..Money is not a matter of concern.The Defence budget is quite big,grows bigger each year.The IA returns un-used money to the government each year.That is loss,since that money was allocated to put to defence use,but it has been not.So I would like to see them put to good use,in this case,training Afghan soldiers.
I am also concerned about the well-being of the Indian instructors.But good thing about these kinda projects is these are short term,and they don't have to make permanent bases and stay put for long time.Its more like a diplomatic move.ANA will definitely be benefited from the training and equipments provided,which will indirectly help Pakistan.So,the Indian instructors can pullout any time they like.Get this thing straight,full and final,India is providing training and equipment only and NOT sending its own army to combat the taliban.

GOOD! india should train afghan forces in counter insurgency in Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School in Vairengte, Mizoram,:guns:.This would be very helpful for them to fight insurgents

Why Jungle warfare ? Afghanistan me jungle toh nahi hai

Do not mistake Afghanistan for Kashmir.

Afghanistan is famous for its legendary resistance. Afghans never back down from fighting.

Every invader thought that it would teach the Aghan clowns a lesson. We all know from the history and current example that how such campaigns ended up.

India cannot afford to fight a war in Afghanistan. No power in the world has been able to tame and control Afghanistan for a long time.

And Afghans are master of fighting the war of attrition. Much better then you are.

Chill.. we are not invading Afghanistan.They are inviting us.

lekin trees or plants toh honge yah woh bhi nehi hey :meeting:

hahaha

Just for fact..........While the Soviets were leaving they implemented a scorched earth policy and cut down trees in the process too........i wonder what is the state of greenery in Afghanistan now?

hahaha

Just for fact..........While the Soviets were leaving they implemented a scorched earth policy and cut down trees in the process too........i wonder what is the state of greenery in Afghanistan now?
never mind ,Arre dost kis din kam aayenge , india would donate trees (mango trees) as a note of frienship to afghan people:cheers:

Ok lets agree to disagree. I will stick to the fact Indians will be able to do what no one else has been able to do. They will provide training and everything else you suggest. I think in about 3 months time India will renegotiate their involvement and to what level .You see talk is cheap. Actions and losses are not.

Afghanistan is famous for its legendary resistance. Afghans never back down from fighting.

Every invader thought that it would teach the Aghan clowns a lesson. We all know from the history and current example that how such campaigns ended up.

India cannot afford to fight a war in Afghanistan. No power in the world has been able to tame and control Afghanistan for a long time.

And Afghans are master of fighting the war of attrition. Much better then you are.
India is more local to the problem and most affected by it.hence it becomes the matter of survival for india.hence india will succeed where no-one ever did.Hope Afghans didnt forget Ranjeet singh after all it takes a sardar to control a pathan ;)

only country which is able to solve afghanistan puzzle is india coz it know and understands the problem better than any one else and knows well the solution of afghanistan lies in solving pakistan first.so india has to sole pakistan first.

Pak Mil has offered to do so, however deep mistrust exists between NA and Pak mil.
After all, we backed the Haqqani's who were against other NA folks right after the withdrawal.. then we backed the Taliban after we realized that they had taken over and our blue eyed haqqani group was still sitting around.
We got the Haqqani's to work with the Taliban.. to keep our control in Afghanistan.
We have in general supported the Pashtun Majority in Afghanistan and ignored the Tajiks and Uzbeks.

So the NA has more than enough reasons to be suspicious of Pakistan.
India isnt all clean either, it does as any nation would.. promote its agenda through its consulates.. RAW is a very effective agency now, and has relations with its KHAD members from yesteryears.. many of whom sit in the current Afghan setup.
I see it as a difficult prospect.
The people of Afghanistan are divided when it comes to Pakistan.. what you see in Kabul is just the nothern part.
What is going on in the south?

Cant Pakistan favor Afghans without differentiating them and wont that completely remove the need for any Indian requirement

Ranjit Singh still creates a fear in the heart of Afghans :lol:

and this stationing of troops ( trainers) will lead to a couple of attacks from Taliban or some other nutjobs once or twice a year, and VOILA, it is the fault and work of Pakistan!

Half of the MIG 21 will be decommissioned next year. They are just the numbers and won't be used in any conflict. You don't need to worry about our casualty.

That will be great if IAF donate some MiG-21s to AAF for training purposes; AAF personnel have very good experience of those aircrafts and will catch it up easily.

Back
Top Bottom