What's new

India to train Afghan Forces.

Iran is giving us Chabbar Port (very close to Pakistan)

Tajikistan gave us Airbase for military purpose (very close to Pakistan) - But we never used against Pakistan.

Afghanistan-India relation has nothing to do with Pakistan.

It's Pakistan fault that they failed to make good relations with her neighbours.
i guess india has failed to make good relations with her beughbours as well. pakistan, india and bangladesh all are next to india

i guess india has failed to make good relations with her beughbours as well. pakistan, india and bangladesh all are next to india

But we don't keep whining whenever you and Bangladesh meet, unlike you who everytime cries whenever Karzai comes here.

Good luck...

By the end of the day it will be Islamabad calling the shots.

Relations with Bangladesh is going pretty strong.India has recently provided a loan of $1 billion to Bangladesh.Many Indian companies are investing in Bangladesh and also involved in construction projects.
Regarding Pakistan,I hear Pakistan is going to provide MFN status to India.Good for trade.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Good luck...

By the end of the day it will be Islamabad calling the shots.

Thank you for the prophecy, Nostradamus.

BTW.. news for you :

Pakistan is playing 'double game' on terror in Afghanistan: Hamid Karzai

Tells volumes about the Afghan mentality

miyan Islamabad never calls shots.Its pindi which calls shots and in this case it will be kabul which will shoot first and call shots later.

Miyan? in our country tht term is used by wives for th husbands...

2-If india is sane it would never send its troops to afghanistan.

3-Kabul shoot first? really? u must be a special kind of genius...

4-Do u think indians can do what NATO couldnt achieve i the last decade>?

5-Do send muslims soldiers(if u have any) to afghanistan coz the common afgha might like indian movies but not the otherway around.

6-Karzais govt wont last a single day after NATO leaves.. heck he cant even control kabul nowadays.

But we don't have any plan to send troops to Afghanistan. We've got a big country to protect and I don't think soldiers in our Army are sitting free and far away from threats unlike US, waiting to be deployed else where. It doesn't take troops to train entire military but proper trainers (maybe a 1000 or so but not more).

Who told you we're sending soldiers there? :what:

On one hand, you praise Afghanistan for being the "graveyard of empires" and on the other hand you lot mock them. Make up your mind already. :coffee:

Well we could do the same thing with half the effort which Soviets had to use 100% effort to achieve and that too in late 40s; do you think we don't have alternatives to achieve stuff? US depends on you for supply lines to Afghanistan so it ignores your Talibunnies. Think we don't have alternative methods (not NATO methods)? Think again.

5-Do send muslims soldiers(if u have any) to afghanistan coz the common afgha might like indian movies but not the otherway around.

We know Afghans well enough thanks to enough of them coming here for education or work or both and they have enough goodwill. Don't teach us what we know better than your limited field of perception.

6-Karzais govt wont last a single day after NATO leaves.. heck he cant even control kabul nowadays.

Because of your Talibunnies. US knows this, Afghans know this, we know it and so do the Russians. Try playing the same card when the alternate CAR route is chosen. I'd like to see how it lasts then :azn:

I'm confused by the enthusiasm in India - I'm not so sure that it is well understood. On the other hand, in Pakistan, it seems they are keeping their powder dry, for the time being, not just because there is little they can do about it but because they think the Indians may find they have bitten off more than they can chew.

Look it, if the calculation is that things will go poorly, in the sense that the insurgency will pick up and then taper off only to pick again and the US gets her bases - then it's really more of the same

But what if the Indians go ahead with sobriety and try to ensure that they keep a genuine lid on things - what then? See, Russia and China and Iran and Arabia, should care more whether there are US bases in Afghanistan, these countries should also care more about Indians in a security role in Afghanistan, a novel development - right? After all, why should Pakistan focus on this development, while her internal dynamic suffers? And what if the Indian sobriety extends to actual trade volumes??

Will Pakistani calculations change with regard to other regional players and Pakistan's affiliation with them?

Miyan? in our country tht term is used by wives for th husbands...
Thx for clarifying it o was konfused if it is used for women:D

Do u think india need to send its troops in Afghanistan?;)

A small hint as pakistani establishment with its single minded focus(and one must appreciate such a single minded focus) to achieve strategic depth in Afghanistan since 1971 debacle didnt even realised that for almost for four decades pakistan had become strategic depth for afghanistan rather than afghanistan becoming one for pakistan , right across east of indus knocking doors in the ranjeet singh's capital, towards 30 km west of wagha, whenever they wised with a big bang.

And do you think that India had not done the same that too successfully for past 64 yrs?

Sorry our Kashmiri Muslim generals and soldiers are busy in qurantining the same pests coming from AFPAK and sanitizing the valley of such pest so that they dont spread disease they bring from across the western border

Do you think Karzai is the only bullwark India has in Afghanistan?;)

But we don't have any plan to send troops to Afghanistan. We've got a big country to protect and I don't think soldiers in our Army are sitting free and far away from threats unlike US, waiting to be deployed else where. It doesn't take troops to train entire military but proper trainers (maybe a 1000 or so but not more).

Time will let.

On one hand, you praise Afghanistan for being the "graveyard of empires" and on the other hand you lot mock them. Make up your mind already. :coffee:

Isnt it? ANA is formed of tajiks n hazaras... n represent the minority of afghanistan and have failed miserably... Take a look at th army trained by NATO:
The Hashish Army - Afghanistan - YouTube

Afghan Army's Hashish-Smoking Troops (VIDEO)

If NATO cant train them india will? sounds funny.

ANA fighting Pakistan would be quiet a sight... too bad they wont be able to see it.

Well we could do the same thing with half the effort which Soviets had to use 100% effort to achieve and that too in late 40s; do you think we don't have alternatives to achieve stuff? US depends on you for supply lines to Afghanistan so ith ignores your Talibunnies. Think we don't have alternative methods (not NATO methods)? Think again.

Lol... yeah with with black magic.

We know Afghans well enough thanks to enough of them coming here for education or work or both and they have enough goodwill. Don't teach us what we know better than your limited field of perception.

How many afghans live in india? a few hundred? we have 4 million.... so we know better abt them than a tibetan frm some far off state of india.

Because of your Talibunnies. US knows this, Afghans know this, we know it and so do the Russians. Try playing the same card when the alternate CAR route is chosen. I'd like to see how it lasts then :azn:

Our taliban? its ur new lover america thts been offering them to share govt of afghanistan... and what does that have to do with CAR route? Wierd tibetan logic?

Do u think india need to send its troops in Afghanistan?;)

U better not.
A small hint as pakistani establishment with its single minded focus(and one must appreciate such a single minded focus) to achieve strategic depth in Afghanistan since 1971 debacle didnt even realised that for almost for four decades pakistan had become strategic depth for afghanistan rather than afghanistan becoming one for pakistan , right across east of indus knocking doors in the ranjeet singh's capital whenever they wised with a big bang.

rants.
And do you think that India had not done the same that too successfully for past 64 yrs?

Nope... u cant compare IOK with Afghanistan ? NATO spent trillions of $$ still got its arse handed.

Sorry our Kashmiri Muslim generals and soldiers are busy in qurantining the same pests coming from AFPAK and sanitizing the valley of such pest so that they dont spread disease they bring from across the western border

Lol kashmiri genrals n soldiers? muslims frm all over india form aroud just1% or was it 2% of the entire indian army.

Yeah the kashmiris sure r a resiliant people God bless them with freedom inshallah.

Do you think Karzai is the only bullwark India has in Afghanistan?;)

India cant surive a single day after NATO leaves...

U better not.
India already did that.

This is actual rant.

Nope... u cant compare IOK with Afghanistan ? NATO spent trillions of $$ still got its arse handed.
NATO failed coz it was never serious about its Sham WOT.There goal was just to kill those who oppose west and preserve those who can be use later on for their own interest.India understands problem well and knows its solution too.rest should be left unsaid for you to decipher urself. Where NATO has spend trillions India wont even spend the 1/1million part of it and will get the successful job done.

Lol kashmiri genrals n soldiers? muslims frm all over india form aroud just1% or was it 2% of the entire indian army.
I was wondering when Indian govt itself has not done census in Indian army on religion bases then how who got this info.I think i must congratulate you or your secret service for doing secret census in indian army;)

Yeah the kashmiris sure r a resiliant people God bless them with freedom inshallah.
Arent they already free.Well qurantine ward is called "Azad Kashmir" for nothing.isn't it:lol:

India cant surive a single day after NATO leaves...
I was wondering what will happen to the strategic depth of afghanis Across to the east of indus.Isnt it trues indians are sitting happily ever on your eastern border watching you fight in the west for 3 decades.Well quite an achievement indians achieved after fighting 4 wars and shifting PA to west.:P

I'm confused by the enthusiasm in India - I'm not so sure that it is well understood. On the other hand, in Pakistan, it seems they are keeping their powder dry,
And what made you think that indians had kept their powder outside in 2011 monsoon rain.What made you think that indians have not been keeping their powder dry all these years.

for the time being, not just because there is little they can do about it but because they think the Indians may find they have bitten off more than they can chew.
Is it not the case with Pakistan rather than India ie the tactical brilliance.It can be good for immediate gains but not the long-term strategic gains.

Look it, if the calculation is that things will go poorly, in the sense that the insurgency will pick up and then taper off only to pick again and the US gets her bases - then it's really more of the same
And if you think 2011 is same as 1990s then you are doing a huge mistake.I hope not PA has someone as think tank like your thinking ie good at tactical brilliance but not for long term solution.

But what if the Indians go ahead with sobriety and try to ensure that they keep a genuine lid on things - what then? See, Russia and China and Iran and Arabia, should care more whether there are US bases in Afghanistan, these countries should also care more about Indians in a security role in Afghanistan, a novel development - right? After all, why should Pakistan focus on this development, while her internal dynamic suffers? And what if the Indian sobriety extends to actual trade volumes??
Nobody understands the afghan problem better than indians do.coz they are most affected by pakistan-Afghan combo and knows its solution too.There cant not be any solution possible in afghanistan on the line of thinking of pindi.
Will Pakistani calculations change with regard to other regional players and Pakistan's affiliation with them?[/QUOTE]Pakistan has already changed its calculations and this is the response of those calculation you r seeing from india.

I think we need to prop up Afghanistan as a counter to Pakistan just like China props up Pakistan against us. That would check those who act against our interests. If both US, India and the west could come together then it is possible to have self sustaining ANA with in a decade.

Back
Top Bottom