What's new

India to interfere in South China Sea issue to check China: Source: Indian Media

i want to ask every indians member ,do you think indian navy is truely a blue water navy and in state to interfare in south china sea ? ? Please ask yourself

i want to ask every indians member ,do you think indian navy is truely a blue water navy and in state to interfare in south china sea ? ? Please ask yourself

The way I see it, India is not even talking about the use of its Navy. It's interference may come in the form of public support and speaking out on behalf of/urging a multi-lateral settlement as opposed to the bi-lateral settles China wants. But this will carry with it a price. I am not convinced that India is going to bear that price once it sees the facts in the cold clear light of day.

This is a passing episode that ends not with a bang but with a whimper.

Indian members,

India has no say in South China sea. How hard is it to understand from politics and geographical point of view?

It is impossible to understand, what say you have in India-china relations:blah:

Yes you passed easily. :azn:

The real test though, is whether or not someone loves China.

"Challenger" does not, he loves Japanese war criminals, and calls us "Chinese Kommunist Dogs". That's why I asked. :police:

And he clearly loves India too much ;)

Honestly, I don't care where he is from. I just find his penchant for starting flame threads and deliberate twisting of facts to suit his propaganda disturbing. Seems like his only agenda here is to turn Chinese against Indians.

Good thing we have a lot of level headed members who genuinely wish for peace :cheers:

I am not very worried sorry to say. The Indian government has yet to show the backbone and fortitude to be a real force in international politics. This whole thing I suspect is a tit for tat response from a government with no plan but feels like they should do something. I suspect that the government will stop to count all its chips and backdown when it weighs the pro's and con's.

Bang on target. I am surprised. Except for the last line, i pretty much agree with your assessment.

This kind of attitude is the result of having a pacifist prime minister like Manmohan Singh & it is very good in sense that we don't want to get involved in unnecessary squabbles, power projections & rush for influence. It is also largely reflective of the nature of the Indian people, we don't react unless pushed. Our foreign policy & activism is based more on Gandhian policy, though morally right it hardly works on the international stage.

Its not India but ASEAN and Japan that are on the forefront of confronting China.

I don't see where Indian interference is coming from except that ASEAN and Japan are inviting India to augument their power. Just like Pakistan does with China in its realtionship with India.

don't worry there will be no war b/w India and China,chinese govt will not go to war with india,they know Russia,US,taiwan,Japan,soth korea are pearl of strings of india around china as china's pearl of strings Pakistan,sri lanka,bhutan,bangladesh etc..
So no WAR be happy Challenger,enjoy ur life,2012 is coming near.....

Dont be so naive because China got you in 62 even with pearl of strings.

Anyway China should be vigilant over South China Sea issue because its not just India but India is a part of this long term map change by US and its groupies. In between Russia is also going to get a big set back if the map was changes as per long term strategy by US and Co

Anyway China should be vigilant over South China Sea issue because its not just India but India is a part of this long term map change by US and its groupies. In between Russia is also going to get a big set back if the map was changes as per long term strategy by US and Co

Welcome. All the attempt at trolling on this thread was incomplete without the presence one of the pioneers of the troll brigade. Now with your participation i can safely say that you chaps have truly arrived. Good luck sensible discussion!!

Indians are smart enough not to get sucked into a U.S engineered military conflict with China.....if there is a confrontation b/w china and so called U.S proxies in the South China sea region.....One thing you can comfortably assume is that India will keep out of it......

and this is 2010 not 62 this time no ones going to get us unawares.....:):):)

The way I see it, India is not even talking about the use of its Navy. It's interference may come in the form of public support and speaking out on behalf of/urging a multi-lateral settlement as opposed to the bi-lateral settles China wants. But this will carry with it a price. I am not convinced that India is going to bear that price once it sees the facts in the cold clear light of day.

This is a passing episode that ends not with a bang but with a whimper.

Cardsharp in three of ur posts u have been smoothly and smartly telling us that India cannot do anything in this matter. I truly accept that India is in no position to even irk China leave aside anatagonising. However have u seen that India was only attending this meeting, are u silently accepting challenger's version of this story?? I am surprised :disagree:

…

The current generation of Indian leaders is still very much viewing the India-China relationships under the shadow of 1962 when Nehru was crying "Hindi-Chini Bhai Bhai" (Indians and Chinese are brothers) and suddenly one fine day we find that China has attacked us.

This is YOUR side of story. The fact is, when Nehru crying "Hindi-Chini Bhai Bhai", he was also fervently forwarding into Chinese territory, well north of McMahon line. Are you really turning a deaf ear to the truth, but dreaming the healing of Sino-India relationship? :lol:

Well, being sick is not your fault, but it is your fault when you deny the ailment and refuse medication.

The next generation of Indian leaders will be very very self-confident and then we will see a new assertiveness in India's foreign policy be it with respect to Pakistan, China or the US.

Hope so… but until you acknowledge the truth and take medication.

1962 was a bitter experience and as a result of that the whole psyche of Indian politicians got influenced and it made them very very protectionist and alarmist when it came to China.

The next generation of leaders will not be having any such baggage of the past rather they will have the confidence of a rising India becoming more and more aware of its new-found capabilities. As a result, we will witness an increasingly assertive India.

This is what I felt for your first paragraph: When many Chinese first come to this forum good-heartedly, the mere fact that they are Chinese turns many Indians against them, calling them “commies”, “chincs”, and other derogatory names. LOL! I have been here for more than 3 years, and that observation causes me to study those Indians psychological status. Now thank you for revealing this, which corroborating what I have observed.

For your second paragraph, I am not as optimistic as you seem to be. Why? Because your freeking media want to sell more copies to your ill-educated mass, they can coin any “news” as long as the “news” is sensational enough. Grown under such an adverse soil, how could massive you, except a limited few, not be filled with hatred? Your democratic atmosphere requires constant enemy for political propaganda. China happens to be a convenient target. Democracy is emotional. “If you don’t hate what you are not, how can you love what you are?” let’s look back at 1962. When Nehru was very hesitating to provoke China, your patriotic parliament members forced him to. For them, the representatives of democratic Bharat, you have to hate China if you want prove yourself to love India. :hitwall:

If you don’t promote education, change your political soil, curb your democratic fanfare, modify your national mentality, your dream will simply become a nightmare.

China is worlds away from the under-developed and stagnated country it was just 5-6 decades ago.

They are prospering and growing at exponential rate; they have the right policies and nationalist leadership in place. For that reason, the people and the government are confident and very assertive. It is very clear and we can see it, based on actions they took against Japanese for their capture of the Chinese fishing trawler (which I personally think is an unacceptable move which sould be corrected soon).

China is very unhappy about U.S. naval exercises with the South Koreans. China has to play a fine balancing act, as they are a member of the Security Council as well and want to project themselves as responsible country of the global community.

it will be very interesting to see how things transpire in South China Sea, and even Indian Ocean & the Bay of Bengal waters. Chinese Navy is also becoming very advanced, and they are trying to fortify their positions (commercially and militarily) in the Asian and African theatres.

very smart and calculated people, the Chinese. We need to learn more from them and their experiences I think. In the beginning, under the leadership of Field Marshal Ayub Khan and the ''Golden Years'' of Pakistani industrialization, we used to be role models for China. Now role is totally reversed and we should emulate their policies to the best of our ability.

This is YOUR side of story. The fact is, when Nehru crying "Hindi-Chini Bhai Bhai", he was also fervently forwarding into Chinese territory, well north of McMahon line. Are you really turning a deaf ear to the truth, but dreaming the healing of Sino-India relationship? :lol:

Well, being sick is not your fault, but it is your fault when you deny the ailment and refuse medication.

Hope so… but until you acknowledge the truth and take medication.

This is what I felt for your first paragraph: When many Chinese first come to this forum good-heartedly, the mere fact that they are Chinese turns many Indians against them, calling them “commies”, “chincs”, and other derogatory names. LOL! I have been here for more than 3 years, and that observation causes me to study those Indians psychological status. Now thank you for revealing this, which corroborating what I have observed.

For your second paragraph, I am not as optimistic as you seem to be. Why? Because your freeking media want to sell more copies to your ill-educated mass, they can coin any “news” as long as the “news” is sensational enough. Grown under such an adverse soil, how could massive you, except a limited few, not be filled with hatred? Your democratic atmosphere requires constant enemy for political propaganda. China happens to be a convenient target. Democracy is emotional. “If you don’t hate what you are not, how can you love what you are?” let’s look back at 1962. When Nehru was very hesitating to provoke China, your patriotic parliament members forced him to. For them, the representatives of democratic Bharat, you have to hate China if you want prove yourself to love India. :hitwall:

If you don’t promote education, change your political soil, curb your democratic fanfare, modify your national mentality, your dream will simply become a nightmare.

Now let's analyze your side of the story sine we are all being so open. You talk of Nehru's Forward Policy while not acknowledging that the provocation came from Chinese construction of a road south of the Johnson line. And even the Forward Policy of Nehru dictated that the idea was to cut off Chinese supplies to the posts that the Chinese had occupied in Indian territory and that Indian troops were not allowed to fire initially unless it was in self-defense. This was so that the Chinese would withdraw to the previous positions. The Chinese were also concerned with a war with Taiwan but after Americans told them that that Taiwan would not be allowed to mount an invasion - the Chinese moved their artillery to invade India. Invade. The Cuban Missile Crisis helped them too since the superpowers were locked in their own confrontation.

I have never seen Chinese being called "chincks" (sic) on this forum - if that is the case, it is deplorable. Perhaps you could point to such a post. As far as calling them "commies" is concerned - well, considering they belong to a communist nation - how is that a slur? It's as absurd as Indians being offended at being called "democratic".

Also, there is no smoke without fire. China does provoke and yes the Indian media does exaggerate. The Indian media also continuously questions government decisions and policies. Are you suggesting the Chinese people and media don't require a constant enemy? That is how they see the U.S. anyway. The Americans see the Muslim world as an enemy. The Muslim world sees the Jews (Israel) and Americans as an enemy. Unless you are a small country like Burkina Faso - you tend to see nations and blocs as enemies. India is not the only one to suffer from this ailment.

Curb our democratic fanfare???? Not going to happen. India is a pressure cooker which allows its citizens to blow steam once a while through its democratic set-up. You like the erstwhile communist countries of Eastern Europe and USSR are like a gas cylinder - all appears well - till it will finally blow up. Then the $hit will really hit the fan. Be glad you are in the US wearing a raincoat.

Now let's analyze your side of the story sine we are all being so open. You talk of Nehru's Forward Policy while not acknowledging that the provocation came from Chinese construction of a road south of the Johnson line. And even the Forward Policy of Nehru dictated that the idea was to cut off Chinese supplies to the posts that the Chinese had occupied in Indian territory and that Indian troops were not allowed to fire initially unless it was in self-defense. This was so that the Chinese would withdraw to the previous positions. The Chinese were also concerned with a war with Taiwan but after Americans told them that that Taiwan would not be allowed to mount an invasion - the Chinese moved their artillery to invade India. Invade. The Cuban Missile Crisis helped them too since the superpowers were locked in their own confrontation.
I have never seen Chinese being called "chincks" (sic) on this forum - if that is the case, it is deplorable. Perhaps you could point to such a post. As far as calling them "commies" is concerned - well, considering they belong to a communist nation - how is that a slur? It's as absurd as Indians being offended at being called "democratic".

Also, there is no smoke without fire. China does provoke and yes the Indian media does exaggerate. The Indian media also continuously questions government decisions and policies. Are you suggesting the Chinese people and media don't require a constant enemy? That is how they see the U.S. anyway. The Americans see the Muslim world as an enemy. The Muslim world sees the Jews (Israel) and Americans as an enemy. Unless you are a small country like Burkina Faso - you tend to see nations and blocs as enemies. India is not the only one to suffer from this ailment.

Curb our democratic fanfare???? Not going to happen. India is a pressure cooker which allows its citizens to blow steam once a while through its democratic set-up. You like the erstwhile communist countries of Eastern Europe and USSR are like a gas cylinder - all appears well - till it will finally blow up. Then the $hit will really hit the fan. Be glad you are in the US wearing a raincoat.

That is one majic loogi,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom