What's new

India to catch up with China? Stop deluding yourselves!

I can't wait!
For such a tiny country with more than China's population and millions of jobless low-skill youth!

The thing about automation is, anybody with money can setup a factory. So China's greater skill won't matter anymore because the reliance on trained people will reduce. That's also why Trump is constantly talking about bringing manufacturing home. So what China took 30 years to build can be done in less than 5 because of automation.

And in a few years, there is a chance that India will become a net energy exporter. Which would also mean the rupee will appreciate vs the dollar.

In 5 years we will look completely different from what we are today. We are undergoing the same transition that China did back in the 80s.

I'm born in Shanghai. I've lived in this city for more than 30 years. During my childhood, EVERY family, every, poor or rich, has access to tap water and electricity, and also a toilet to use.
I'm going Shanghai this month for holiday.Any suggestions?All I hear about Shanghai is pollution,can you tell me how true is that?

stop misquoting ...indians here are not saying they will surpass china in 25 years , they are saying 25 years from now,india will be what china is today

upload_2016-10-15_23-16-45.png

https://defence.pk/threads/int’l-fu...‘look-east’-policy.349944/page-2#post-6588524

Two years has almost passed since that Indian made this bold claim. India has 28 years left to surpass China

before you open you big mouth and say something against India you must know the following facts:

- China's rise happened because India allowed to happen thru some back door diplomacy
- China has not been to moon yet India was planet hoping 5000 years ago
- all the Chinese tech was invented by India and transferred to China because they didnt want Pakistan to get hold of it.
- all Chinese industry depends on Indian import no matter where you import from.
- last but not least, Modi had a big hand in China's rise in his previous life he was Dang Xio Pang and thats why when he speaks english sometime it feels like he is speaking Chinese.

be respectful!
:lol:

To me, the biggest issue to Mumbai is extremely high real estate price vs. extremely bad infrastructure (I've been in Mumbai twice, so I know how bad the infrastructure is). I have to say Mumbai's real estate price today is even higher than that in Shanghai. High real-estate price makes any large-scale infrastructure building almost impossible.
you should share some real pics of Mumbai.

:tup:

The thing about automation is, anybody with money can setup a factory. So China's greater skill won't matter anymore because the reliance on trained people will reduce. That's also why Trump is constantly talking about bringing manufacturing home. So what China took 30 years to build can be done in less than 5 because of automation.

And in a few years, there is a chance that India will become a net energy exporter. Which would also mean the rupee will appreciate vs the dollar.

In 5 years we will look completely different from what we are today. We are undergoing the same transition that China did back in the 80s.

Seriously? To set up an automated factory requires skills and technologies far exceeding traditional factories, not to mention the enormous expenses. Advanced robotics and integration of various systems require very specialized skills and an advanced manufacturing base. On top of that, you still need very skilled labor, such as production engineers and programmers, to oversee and monitor the advanced machinery in these automated factories. This is why automated factories have only been built in a select few countries, because they have the skilled labor and expertise to produce the necessary equipment and making sure they run smoothly.

Then there is one more thing: automated factories consume lots of electricity. For a country that has yet to build a single city with 24/7 electricity supply, it might just be a tall order to keep the factory running.

Needless to say, Indians are never going to build an automated factory just by talking, talking, and talking, which is what they do best.

Seriously? To set up an automated factory requires skills and technologies far exceeding traditional factories, not to mention the enormous expenses.

There is no skill required to setup automation.

Advanced robotics and integration of various systems require very specialized skills and an advanced manufacturing base.

All of that's done by the company that makes the robots. All you need is to tell them what you want and your specifications. Do you even know what automation is?

On top of that, you still need very skilled labor, such as production engineers and programmers, to oversee and monitor the advanced machinery in these automated factories. This is why automated factories have only been built in a select few countries, because they have the skilled labor and expertise to produce the necessary equipment and making sure they run smoothly.

No. Automation has been built wherever there is demand.

All you need is money and demand to setup automation.

Then there is one more thing: automated factories consume lots of electricity. For a country that has yet to build a single city with 24/7 electricity supply, it might just be a tall order to keep the factory running.

Our villages don't have electricity, that's about it. Once demand is there, power will come easily.

Needless to say, Indians are never going to build an automated factory just by talking, talking, and talking, which is what they do best.

5 years, you will be so surprised, you will be eating your own 'made in India' boots and hats.

There is no skill required to setup automation.

All of that's done by the company that makes the robots. All you need is to tell them what you want and your specifications. Do you even know what automation is?

No. Automation has been built wherever there is demand.

All you need is money and demand to setup automation.

Our villages don't have electricity, that's about it. Once demand is there, power will come easily.

5 years, you will be so surprised, you will be eating your own 'made in India' boots and hats.

LOL, you've just proved my point.

You Indians are really something else. You are all talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, and talk...

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

LOL, you've just proved my point.

You Indians are really something else. You are all talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, and talk...

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

What are you talking about? Have you ever bothered to look up GDP figures and how they tally year after year with China's, even though our govt has not had a policy for the economy since decades?

2014 is the first time in 67 years that we got a govt that was economy focused, no different from the Chinese economy back in the 80s.

All you did is make a baseless statement with lack of understanding about how this works.

The reason why I said 5 years is because we will be a net energy exporter in that time.

What are you talking about? Have you ever bothered to look up GDP figures and how they tally year after year with China's, even though our govt has not had a policy for the economy since decades?

2014 is the first time in 67 years that we got a govt that was economy focused, no different from the Chinese economy back in the 80s.

All you did is make a baseless statement with lack of understanding about how this works.

The reason why I said 5 years is because we will be a net energy exporter in that time.

LOL, the stupid is strong with this one...

Here, happy now? Keep talking and keep talking in your dreams.

LOL, the stupid is strong with this one...

Here, happy now? Keep talking and keep talking in your dreams.

You are just an obnoxious troll, incapable of discussion. Rest assured, China has not reached where it is today due to your contribution. People like you help China's enemies instead.

You are just an obnoxious troll, incapable of discussion. Rest assured, China has not reached where it is today due to your contribution. People like you help China's enemies instead.

How can I discuss anything with someone whose knowledge and grasp of the subject is no better than those of a small child? I wish I could pet you on the head.

Last edited:

Have you ?

These are the world bank figures,

China GDP in 2004 = 1.9 Trillion $
China GDP in 2005 = 2.2 Trillion $

India GDP in 2014 = 2.1 Trillion $.

The only place we need to catch up is Social development Index. This is primarily a result of highly educated population.

China Literacy in 2005 was 94 %.

India Literacy in 2015 is 75%.

THIS is the real differentiator. This is what makes all the difference but unfortunately basic education is a State subject, so there is nothing Modi can do about it.

Chinese Youth Literacy Rate (ages 15–24) in 2015 is 99.7 %.

India Youth Literacy Rate (ages 15–24) in 2015 is 90.2 %.

This too is an area we are catching up, but not fast enough.

Have you ?

These are the world bank figures,

China GDP in 2004 = 1.9 Trillion $
China GDP in 2005 = 2.2 Trillion $

India GDP in 2014 = 2.1 Trillion $.

The only place we need to catch up is Social development Index. This is primarily a result of highly educated population.

China Literacy in 2005 was 94 %.

India Literacy in 2015 is 75%.

THIS is the real differentiator. This is what makes all the difference but unfortunately basic education is a State subject, so there is nothing Modi can do about it.

Chinese Youth Literacy Rate (ages 15–24) in 2015 is 99.7 %.

India Youth Literacy Rate (ages 15–24) in 2015 is 90.2 %.

This too is an area we are catching up, but not fast enough.

The dollar economy is not a very good indicator of GDP for India where currency fluctuation is the norm. Our main interest with the dollar economy should be maintaining a 0% CAD or a surplus, but that will take time.

China's forex in 2006 was $1T while India's in 2016 is less than 400B. If we don't focus on trade, then dollar inflow and outflow will obviously be lesser. And our currency can appreciate or depreciate anytime while the Chinese currency is constrained within a 2% mark during one session. There are greater chances of depreciation because investors can withdraw forex investment anytime. For three years, our economic growth and currency depreciation were at the same rate, so it doesn't show economic growth, but that's obviously wrong.

But I agree that we need to catch up on HDI. China's literacy rate was always high, even in the 90s it was near 80%. In India, some large states are lagging behind in all economic indicators, which brings down the overall education rate, unlike China.

Back
Top Bottom