What's new

India to become world's 5th largest economy by 2020: Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only growth comes from the BRIC with rapid expansion in infrastructure and Manufacturing sectors. The Developed World is contracting. Countries like Pakistan are irrelevant in the larger scheme. Pakistan is not yet integrated fully into the world economy. Pakistan has no industrial capability. It can be compared to Bangladesh and African countries in that aspect.

Let's see who's poorer than the sub-Saharan Africans? Is it Shining India?

India%2BPoverty%2BNREGA.jpg

Haq's Musings: World Bank on Poverty Across India in 2011

Yaar fifty tu complete kar lu, abhe say chaaky laganay ke koshish kar rahay ho

First you bhartiis must agree on one thing - India world's 5th largest eco-no-my is fact or assumption and prediction

the world is not being run on your thinking so i wouldnt give as much as a rats a** to your facts/assumptions/predictions

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

Let's see who's poorer than the sub-Saharan Africans? Is it Shining India?

India%2BPoverty%2BNREGA.jpg

Haq's Musings: World Bank on Poverty Across India in 2011

i know it hurts seeing your enemy is progressing

working hard is showing results for india. i hope corruption is uprooted from my country so that we are not held back for inside reasons atleast. i am excited to see what will happen after lokpal and citizen chartered comes into action in all states. these should definitiely help us in the race.

huh...5th largest economy with worlds biggest poor population... :hitwall:

Why are Pakistanis refusing the facts?
We Indians know that we are lagging and we don't want to.
We are trying to develop so do you, then why are you lagging much behind than India.
Please don't mention China because communist country don't care of individuals in the way of development. you want to be same, go ahead. No one is stopping you to be so called developed on the dead body of your brothers, sisters and family members.
China is far ahead of us because of so much sacrifice and sacrifice results in something good.
GO learn some economics then reply and if economics is not available in your country, then first google it and then reply.
And the matter of fact that China will attack on India or USA is simply stupid. Reason- again economics, they are China's major customer and a attack will shattered its whole economy.

Mr Savvy, USA is one of China's major customers. But I can't say the same for India. The trade between China and India is just slightly over that of China and Vietnam. Not quite sure since when India becomes China's MAJOR customer. I agree with you on your own words "first google it and then reply". I'd like to add a few words: Practice what you preach.

First, congratulations to my fellow Indian friends!

Then again, it reminds me of those exciting wonderful memory:
Shining India. Yeah, the tin-hut in the slum is still shining and smelling
Incredible India. Indeed, the game goes on and the political rhetoric and propaganda never stops.
Mumbai WILL supercede Shanghai by 2009, 2010, 2012,......and counting.....

India was also projected to register 10+% growth rates from this year onwards, what happened with that?
Impossible! Considering the economic downturn in the EU, it would be a miracle if we can achieve even 8% growth in 2012-13! +- 7% is more like it.

At present India is at 4th place after the U.S, China and Japan (As per Purchasing Power Parity). By 2020, China would probably overtake the U.S and India may overtake Japan.

Cheers!

There are 2 types of Chinese students in the US. The graduate students are pretty damn elite. I have nothing to say about them. The undergrads are mostly children of China's 10% top rich who couldn't make it into college in China and paid the very high international tuition rate to go to the US, Canada, Australia, Singapore, etc.

I don't know about your statement, Sir.

Some of my Undergraduate students at New York University seem to be pretty bright.

They cannot get admission unless they have high TOEFL Scores.

Infact most of them are in the top 10% tier of my classes.

They undoubtedly are from rich families as they pay 50,000 USD per year in tuition alone.

Is it possible that having an American degree is considered more valuable in China ?

Or do they lean that way so as to have Foreign/Western exposure ?

I am interested in hearing your opinion in this regard.

Meri shum kamnayn ap kay sath hai :kiss3:

Arey uncle kya karenge shubkamnaye dekar , waise. bhi shubkamnao ki zarurat hame nahi balki aapke apne logo ko hai . Kyun theek kaha na uncle .

the world is not being run on your thinking so i wouldnt give as much as a rats a** to your facts/assumptions/predictions

Yah - don't give any dam.. to these facts facts/assumptions/predictions, It's good keep yourself in senses

PS: Those facts/assumptions/predictions are not mine :no:

Arey uncle kya karenge shubkamnaye dekar , waise. bhi shubkamnao ki zarurat hame nahi balki aapke apne logo ko hai . Kyun theek kaha na uncle .

Bachay homework complete kar lya hai?:coffee:

I don't know about your statement, Sir.

Some of my Undergraduate students at New York University seem to be pretty bright.

They cannot get admission unless they have high TOEFL Scores.

Infact most of them are in the top 10% tier of my classes.

They undoubtedly are from rich families as they pay 50,000 USD per year in tuition alone.

Is it possible that having an American degree is considered more valuable in China ?

Or do they lean that way so as to have Foreign/Western exposure ?

I am interested in hearing your opinion in this regard.

A western PhD in anything or a western master's in a physical science (not biology) is considered good. Otherwise there's nothing special.

it's the university system that's different. It's like the Indians that go overseas that think that everything is easy at the undergrad level because in India, the high schools go over everything already. In China it's the same way.

I'll just talk about what I know: The University of California. Really high class schools there, even Merced is superior to alot of other state's flagship schools.

An American student with a SAT of 1500/2400 would never even dare apply to these schools. Chinese students that have SAT scores of 1500/2400 get in all the time. They even allow people who did not pass the TOEFL to spend up to a year taking a class just to pass it (they pay, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom