What's new

India to be the greatest superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe will, maybe not .it will take decades to get the result anyway,we can only be sure US won't share the super position without fight,india will be the superpower if she survive in the arena, let's continued this thread 30 years later.......

maybe will, maybe not .it will take decades to get the result anyway,we can only be sure US won't share the super position without fight,india will be the superpower if she survive in the arena, let's continued this thread 30 years later.......

My friend, I have dual respect for a country like china, India and China are growing drastically, USA just wants to have a tie up, with us. Military is not a matter in war, Economy cannot go bankrupt, USA economy is down, China and Indian economy is booming, China has been Hit badly by Economic crisis, still its potential is going great. Coz USA dont have any chanse left but support

and What about GUJRAAT ???? hahhahahahhaha (TERRORISM) ???? :rofl:

After very long time how US bcum India'z Partner in just very short time talk about N-D and talk about Military hardware etc ???? lolz

Talk sense buddy, If u have any....... India and USA were a very good partners . The US and India have signed a major defense pact: Under the NFDR... Isnt your media informed about this stuff ? How Ignorant can you be?

My friend, I have dual respect for a country like china, India and China are growing drastically, USA just wants to have a tie up, with us. Military is not a matter in war, Economy cannot go bankrupt, USA economy is down, China and Indian economy is booming, China has been Hit badly by Economic crisis, still its potential is going great. Coz USA dont have any chanse left but support

There's a lot of talk about Indian be the greatest superpower, but realistically will Indians be content with being in 3rd place?

Even making it to 3rd place is quite an accomplishment, that means beating out nations like Japan, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, (united?) Korea, UK, France, Russia, South Africa, Egypt.

Imagine India's economic might greater than Japan, military might greater than Russia. And do you really think in less than 20 years India's science & technology will surpass Japan+Germany+Russia's???

I'm only being honest and realistic. Making it to 3rd place means accomplishing all this. Let's not forget while India is advancing all those nations I mention will not sit at home picking their noses while watching on their 100+inch OLED TVs'. They are working just as hard (or even harder) to keep their positions (or advance).

Who will be at the top depends on a lot of facts and the COMBINED efforts of all its citizens. Overall, I do believe it is 'possible' for India to be in 3rd place within 3 decades --- Indians have the dream and drive. :cheers: As the fellow said earlier, let's continue this discussion in 30 years. Meanwhile all actions from now till then will help in determining the outcome! Good luck! :cheers:

There's a lot of talk about Indian be the greatest superpower, but realistically will Indians be content with being in 3rd place?

Even making it to 3rd place is quite an accomplishment, that means beating out nations like Japan, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, (united?) Korea, UK, France, Russia, South Africa, Egypt.

Imagine India's economic might greater than Japan, military might greater than Russia. And do you really think in less than 20 years India's science & technology will surpass Japan+Germany+Russia's???

I'm only being honest and realistic. Making it to 3rd place means accomplishing all this. Let's not forget while India is advancing all those nations I mention will not sit at home picking their noses while watching on their 100+inch OLED TVs'. They are working just as hard (or even harder) to keep their positions (or advance).

Who will be at the top depends on a lot of facts and the COMBINED efforts of all its citizens. Overall, I do believe it is 'possible' for India to be in 3rd place within 3 decades --- Indians have the dream and drive. :cheers: As the fellow said earlier, let's continue this discussion in 30 years. Meanwhile all actions from now till then will help in determining the outcome! Good luck! :cheers:

Whether it can become or not is something left to the future. Superpower aspect has been develop seeing the future of Indian Economy, it's population and it's human power. I don't think India will be greatest superpower even in the short or medium run. (atleast 40 years).

Whether it can become or not is something left to the future. Superpower aspect has been develop seeing the future of Indian Economy, it's population and it's human power. I don't think India will be greatest superpower even in the short or medium run. (atleast 40 years).

Yes, true......

and What about GUJRAAT ???? hahhahahahhaha (TERRORISM) ???? :rofl:

After very long time how US bcum India'z Partner in just very short time talk about N-D and talk about Military hardware etc ???? lolz

No need to talk about your stats. (it's whole country known from something).

I too can use smiles.. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And for you laugh answer is current development. (link)

If we only laugh on your situations going in the country, we cannot progress, so we decided to move on as fast as possible. :cheers: BTW, if you are aware how riots started then you will know everything better (link).

Fukui: India to surpass Japan around 2025

By Ken Worsley
A news release from AFP announced a prediction that India’s economy should overtake the Japan’s around 2025to rank third in the world after the United States and China in terms of purchasing power parity.Who made this prediction?Bank of Japan Governor Toshihiko Fukui, who told a panel in Tokyo:India continues to achieve high economic growth with price stability. Looking ahead, the Indian economy will likely grow to the same level as the euro zone around 2020.Fukui didn’t have much to say about the Japanese economy, or what plans the Bank of Japan has for the future.Speaking of the future, talk continues to swirl around Japan’s plans to build a “foreigner-friendly” district in Tokyo for businesspeople from overseas. This time, XFN-ASIA has picked up the story (about a month after we did, but that’s not too bad).Somehighlights from the article:…Japan aims to reinvigorate Tokyo as a global financial hub with a lofty goal of developing a new foreigner-friendly high-rise banking district.The idea has raised eyebrows among foreign fund managers in the region whose biggest complaint about Tokyo is often not the lackof a decent office or apartment but high taxes and strict regulations…[Yuji] Yamamoto [minister for financial services] did not say whether Japan would tackle high taxes and red tape, the most common complaints about Tokyo from fund managers, many of whom opt to work in Singapore or Hong Kong instead even if they manage Japanese stocks.“Building buildings doesn’t create a financial system,” said one fund manager based in Singapore…”Japan has an unfavorable tax regime both for financial products and the individual. The overall operating environment in Japan is unfavorable because there isa deep suspicion of capitalism.”Then, Robert Feldman, a managing director and economist at Morgan Stanley, is reported as saying that foreign managers in Tokyo often bemoan the lack of sufficient staff who are fluent in English. I sort of feel your pain…though I frequently bemoan the lack of foreigners who are sufficiently fluent in Japanese, which is sometimes the only thing that makes them unable to be hired.The distance from Tokyo to Narita airport was also mentioned in the article, and finally:The head of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Taizo Nishimuro, also warned that the plan for a new district for foreign banks, while welcome, will not be enough on its own to boost Japan’s financial competitiveness.‘We cannot wait until the time when those high-rise buildings are to be built before the Tokyo financial market gets bigger and greater,’ he told reporters recently, noting such ‘hindrances’ as regulations and high taxation.Well said, from a guy who oversees an operation that uses computer systems that are still a hindrance (though they are actually doing something about that rather than just building a new building).

Some complain this topic comes up regularly, but I say it's always good to have a dream. It serves as a great motivation to have something to strive for. It's always good to have grand dreams but be content if we can come close. Like I said, making it to 3rd place will be a grand accomplishment --- imaging India beating out every single European nation, every single nation on earth except two. It would be quite a feat considering India started out from leftover scratches of Imperialism to become a superpower! But if this does happen let's hope India will be a responsible and fair superpower, because no one respects a corrupt and evil superpower.

And you are correct, your massive numbers will be a force to reckon with. :cheers:

Fukui: India to surpass Japan around 2025

By Ken Worsley
A news release from AFP announced a prediction that India’s economy should overtake the Japan’s around 2025to rank third in the world after the United States and China in terms of purchasing power parity.Who made this prediction?Bank of Japan Governor Toshihiko Fukui, who told a panel in Tokyo:India continues to achieve high economic growth with price stability. Looking ahead, the Indian economy will likely grow to the same level as the euro zone around 2020.Fukui didn’t have much to say about the Japanese economy, or what plans the Bank of Japan has for the future.Speaking of the future, talk continues to swirl around Japan’s plans to build a “foreigner-friendly” district in Tokyo for businesspeople from overseas. This time, XFN-ASIA has picked up the story (about a month after we did, but that’s not too bad).Somehighlights from the article:…Japan aims to reinvigorate Tokyo as a global financial hub with a lofty goal of developing a new foreigner-friendly high-rise banking district.The idea has raised eyebrows among foreign fund managers in the region whose biggest complaint about Tokyo is often not the lackof a decent office or apartment but high taxes and strict regulations…[Yuji] Yamamoto [minister for financial services] did not say whether Japan would tackle high taxes and red tape, the most common complaints about Tokyo from fund managers, many of whom opt to work in Singapore or Hong Kong instead even if they manage Japanese stocks.“Building buildings doesn’t create a financial system,” said one fund manager based in Singapore…”Japan has an unfavorable tax regime both for financial products and the individual. The overall operating environment in Japan is unfavorable because there isa deep suspicion of capitalism.”Then, Robert Feldman, a managing director and economist at Morgan Stanley, is reported as saying that foreign managers in Tokyo often bemoan the lack of sufficient staff who are fluent in English. I sort of feel your pain…though I frequently bemoan the lack of foreigners who are sufficiently fluent in Japanese, which is sometimes the only thing that makes them unable to be hired.The distance from Tokyo to Narita airport was also mentioned in the article, and finally:The head of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Taizo Nishimuro, also warned that the plan for a new district for foreign banks, while welcome, will not be enough on its own to boost Japan’s financial competitiveness.‘We cannot wait until the time when those high-rise buildings are to be built before the Tokyo financial market gets bigger and greater,’ he told reporters recently, noting such ‘hindrances’ as regulations and high taxation.Well said, from a guy who oversees an operation that uses computer systems that are still a hindrance (though they are actually doing something about that rather than just building a new building).

Interesting, we have Shanghai + HK + Singapore + Tokyo + GIFT (work-in-progress) vying to be world financial centers based in Asia. Great!! Hope to give NY and London in the dust. :smitten:

By the way, any news on progress of GIFT??? Any new pictures or reports??? :pdf:

you are over optimistic, US economy is down because of her developed position..........she will recover and get much stronger if she find the new growth point ,with leading science and technology,no one cann't predict how big is that number

you are over optimistic, US economy is down because of her developed position..........she will recover and get much stronger if she find the new growth point ,with leading science and technology,no one cann't predict how big is that number

May be yes and May be no.... all depends on time

Problem is: In the past US benefit from drawing the best talents and brains from around the world because of the "American Dream" -- but now this dream has turned into the "American Nightmare". The reverse braindrain is happening.

Not to mention US colleges and universities while still competitive, they aren't the leaders anymore. All those MBAs are quite useless except for inventing exotic derivatives (i.e. scams). In terms of manufacturing, well China is to top player. Global research is now strongly in Asia.

Most of the past 20 years the US has been leading in the IT/Computer revolution, but this lead is no more. Look at the Nasdaq top 100 companies. What do they produce? What do they "invent"? What benefits do they bring to business? This is a field I am familiar with.

Let me say this, in less than 12 years -- by 2020 -- we will witness a new world order. Or maybe a new world war, whatever comes first. :pop:

The finding was none other than the FBI of the USA. The measurement was done according to the strength in various fields - including economy, military, infrastructure, etc. Unlike the era of Britannica in modern's world SIZE of a country matters alot the finding says.

And by 2025 India will overtake it from China. Though USA will continue to have influence to other countries

EU is another dominant factor to reckon with, but clubbing many countries under one roof will not have so much strength like a unified one country with the same size of EU like India and China, the finding continues. EU will be in fact pull by its own pressure within and will only be able to maintain only its equilibrium.

So, the next 20 years a very different poticial scenario will emerge in the world.

Amarnath; In your post, seems to me , you are suggesting being a super power will be about SIZE, MEASUREMENT. In this case, may i have the HONOR to recomand you read the post; Condoms 'too big ' for Indian men, read the LINK in the post from your country man. In my humble opinion will benifit you in SUPER POWER dream. Regard.:pakistan::china:

Problem is: In the past US benefit from drawing the best talents and brains from around the world because of the "American Dream" -- but now this dream has turned into the "American Nightmare". The reverse braindrain is happening.

Not to mention US colleges and universities while still competitive, they aren't the leaders anymore. All those MBAs are quite useless except for inventing exotic derivatives (i.e. scams). In terms of manufacturing, well China is to top player. Global research is now strongly in Asia.

Most of the past 20 years the US has been leading in the IT/Computer revolution, but this lead is no more. Look at the Nasdaq top 100 companies. What do they produce? What do they "invent"? What benefits do they bring to business? This is a field I am familiar with.

Let me say this, in less than 12 years -- by 2020 -- we will witness a new world order. Or maybe a new world war, whatever comes first. :pop:

but US is still the paradise of innovation , we have to creat a better environment for those "best talents and brains"......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom