What's new

India to be the greatest superpower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sirjee, we are already on our way.... We dont have to wait for a long time, 2020 vision will be a success, Railway is preparing a budget for Vision 2020 already..... We will see that very soon and It can happen tomorrow, if swiss bank clears all that black money our politicians deposited...lol.. Iam sure swiss bank will be put into lot of pressure to get that.
Speaking of Railways, it is the biggest hurdle for our vision 2020(if there is one that is realizable) in terms of real development.
Railways has the biggest corruption scandal- overground and legitimate, the ticket examiners. Black money in their black coats.

You cannot complain about any service deficiency in Railways.
Worst custimer service. They dont bother to add extra compartments when there is heavy traffic. But they try to save on revenue by adding an xtra berth in an already congested coupe(because Indians are 'kuch bhi chalega' type). On one hand you claim to be on the road to super power, on the other you compromise on comfort- why exactly are we trying to become a super power?

Don't tell me stories about how Railways are carrying India's burden single handedly. All BS. If you are so sorry privatize. That can't be done because the sorry *** company has too many employees apparently and the worst value system would collapse and they loose their jobs.

The one and only one point in its favor is the cheap travel it offers to people of lower classes. Fine by all means. But why suck money from middle class for nothing? Its not like the services offered are premium kind.

Dont get be started on the timings. IST became known as Indefinitely Stretchable Time not for no reason.

I am ashamed of Indian Railways, ashamed that even today accidents like fire costs lives in the order of 100s, that about each month one acccident occurs at some unmanned gate.

The tatkal system would have invited suits against monopoly if it were not India. We handed over monopoly to a company which is no longer public in a sense of service. Some may claim that the service is improving. But look at how much we are paying for that. If you count the increase in cost to development, I don't think you will see a fair situation.

^^^^
The entire subcontinent was always a place of back stabbers, selfish nobles, irresponsive imbecilic bovine mass. Which is why this place is still not able to rise up above the below average status, inspite of the tremendous wealth.

Case in point, Observe the unfolding of events after the death of aurangazeb. or for that matter, just think why foreigners were able to rule the country since the late 1200s.

So this is all a pipe dream

after spending a day in my city, this title seems more like a joke.. Someone with a bad sense of humor. Someone change the title please

While it is good to feel proud when nice things are said about one’s country, it is not prudent to get carried away. Maybe it is mere coincidence that I found this piece from another Indian who thinks quite contrary to the theme of this thread. And when that fellow Indian happens to be some one like Mr. Ramchandra Guha, it really makes you sit up and wonder if we are living in a bubble. I will give my point of view once members have read through what Mr. Ramchandra Guha has to say.

'India cannot become a superpower'​

You cite 10 reasons why India will not and should not become a superpower. How did you get the idea?

Let me explain the background. In 2008, I was at a dinner in honour of the director of the United Nations Development Programme and around the dinner table were entrepreneurs who, in a small way, had contributed to changing the lives of many.

There was a young man who sold solar-powered lamps in Chitradurga that solved the lighting problems of small market places. An entrepreneur had developed a mobile phone that provided information to farmers about mandi prices of commodities. There was an IT professional from Silicon Valley who had returned home to computerise land records in Karnataka. They were all people who were doing unusual, challenging work, but were exasperated. And the source of their exasperation was the same -- the government of India.

I did a little extrapolation and wondered that if the year had been 1948 and there had been a similar dinner, what would the conversation have been? In 1948, the mood was dismal and gloomy. The undivided Communist Party of India was holding a secret conclave where the Politburo passed a resolution authorising armed insurgency against the Indian state because it felt Nehru's government was a puppet of the big bourgeoisie.

PC Joshi's view was that Nehru's government needed to be supported. But BT Ranadive was fired by the Chinese Communist Party, which was on the verge of capturing power. Ranadive believed India should follow the Chinese model. His line won and in West Bengal [ Images ] and Andhra Pradesh, the revolutionary forces of the Left were being put down by the forces of the state. There was a feeling in 1948 that India was going down the tubes.

In 2008, the feeling was that India is ready to take on the world.

In 1948, the view was if the government doesn't help us out, we are finished.

In 2008 and 2009, it is: If only the government would leave us alone.

Is the government standing in the way of India becoming a superpower?

Actually, there are ten reasons why India should not/cannot become a superpower. Look around you. In every community, whether it is Christians, Jains, Sikhs or Hindus, liberal and moderate elements are on the defensive. In 1948, it was the effect of Partition that India was trying to cope with. Suspicion, paranoia and violence continue.

Left extremism in the form of the Naxalite movement, a result of geography but also of social and political forces owing to the continued dispossession and deprivation of tribal people in India, is on the rise.

Corruption and corrosion of the power centre in India as a result of political parties functioning as family firms rather than open, transparent political systems -- and I include most political parties in this category -- cause sterile debates. There is a spectacular decline of public institutions, the judiciary, police, universities, civil services. We used to have great teachers. Where are they? I know we take pride in our bureaucracy but…

The increasing gap between the rich and the poor, which is particularly manifest through suicides by farmers, is another reason. This is a phenomenon that has become pervasive only in the last 10-15 years, perhaps because there is expectation of a 'good life' that did not exist before. Earlier, caste, village and community used to shore those who were facing economic distress. That kind of social security is slowly disappearing.

Environmental degradation at the local level, which is impacting people's lives in very real ways, whether in the form of massive depletion of underground aquifers, chemical contamination of soil, death of rivers, loss of species, etc, threatens our country. And related to this is the apathy of the media in covering issues of rising income inequality and environmental degradation.

Political fragmentation manifests itself as coalition governments at both central and regional levels, which makes it very difficult to forge sustainable long-term policies in realms of health, education, etc. Multi-party coalitions also encourage rent-seeking.

India's unresolved border disputes, especially in Kashmir [ Images ] and the North-East (Nagaland and Manipur), indicate there are parts of India that are not comfortable with being part of India.

India's increasingly unstable neighbourhood is another serious impediment to its ambitions to become a superpower.

This is not a ranking in order of importance. I think we should judge ourselves by our own standards. India should not seek to be more dominant but less discontented with itself.

I don't agree with most of what you have said. The 1940s and 1950s were not periods of unalloyed gloom but of great excitement because people felt they had a project in which they were involved. The films of the era testify to this. Is India discontented? Or ambitious? Families and communities are not supportive; they are oppressive. And what we have to fear the most is feudalism and cronyism, not the state. And in the list of things that are holding India back, we need to add two more -- paan and everything associated with it and the loudspeaker and everything associated with it.

I think one must distinguish between the late 1940s and the early 1950s. In the aftermath of Partition and the Communist insurrection, there was a real fear that India would break up further.

But the Centre held, the fundamentalists of the Left and the Right were tamed, the princely states were integrated. Once the Constitution came into effect in January 1950, there was more optimism about the fate of the nation, consolidated by the successful holding of the first general elections in 1952.

You are right about feudalism and cronyism, but these of course also operate (and to deadly effect) within and through the state. Finally, of your two additional reasons, I wholly agree that the loudspeaker is an abomination, but I do love paan!

So, coming back to my earlier point- ‘Are we living in a bubble?’ Most certainly not! What we saw in the videos posted in this thread and Mr. Ramchandra Guha’s interview are two extreme view points. But, as they say, life is not only black and white. There are shades of grey or in this case there exits a middle path. What our country becomes in the future is totally in our hands. We have to behave as responsible citizens of our country and take care of simple things that are in our hands like, paying taxes in time, voting at the time of elections, raising voice against injustice and atrocities and performing other fundamental duties to the best of our abilities. In short, every citizen of the country has to play a part in the progress of our nation, if we intend it to become a superpower in our lifetimes.

Reply to Sinoindus.

Indian Gdp is not 1/20TH OF USA.

Its Actually 1/12th

ie $1.2 trillion versis $14 trillion. for USA.

The big difference India will Grow this year and last year at over 6% where as USA has contracted -1% and prehaps will be 0% next year.

India won,t catch USA.

But in next 10 years it will be nearly the same size as France uk or Italy ie the 7th and 6th largest GDPs in the world currently around $2.5 trillion.

hahahaha india will be super power in dreams not in reality what a super power already lost one war with half of india size pakistan and still ur nukes cant match with our nukes how can u be super power

hahahaha india will be super power in dreams not in reality what a super power already lost one war with half of india size pakistan and still ur nukes cant match with our nukes how can u be super power

Precisely!
In spite of winning three wars and carving a new state out of an old one, Indians still lost ONE war! Which one as that again?
How can India ever be a super power when Indian nuclear technology is nowhere near the Pakistani tech. Or how can India be on a path to being a regional power and super power when its economy is growing too fast for some countries to catch up!
Overwhelming conventional superiority means nothing when it comes to blind bravado, neither does the largest skilled workforce in the world speaking english!
Alas, Oh boy, how can India ever be a super power!

If Indian want to become super power then go a head.
Let me tell Indians is not gona happening unless America is there.
Sick of this topic.
Every week someone post this stupid topic.

Sick of this topic.
Every week someone post this stupid topic

If u think its a stupid topic then why bother posting it?:cheesy:

There can only be one top dog and I havent seen a single report or prediction that puts India ahead of both US and China in power and prosperity.

Sick of this topic.
Every week someone post this stupid topic.

The finding was none other than the FBI of the USA. The measurement was done according to the strength in various fields - including economy, military, infrastructure, etc. Unlike the era of Britannica in modern's world SIZE of a country matters alot the finding says.

And by 2025 India will overtake it from China. Though USA will continue to have influence to other countries

EU is another dominant factor to reckon with, but clubbing many countries under one roof will not have so much strength like a unified one country with the same size of EU like India and China, the finding continues. EU will be in fact pull by its own pressure within and will only be able to maintain only its equilibrium.

So, the next 20 years a very different poticial scenario will emerge in the world.

The finding was none other than the FBI of the USA. The measurement was done according to the strength in various fields - including economy, military, infrastructure, etc. Unlike the era of Britannica in modern's world SIZE of a country matters alot the finding says.

And by 2025 India will overtake it from China. Though USA will continue to have influence to other countries

EU is another dominant factor to reckon with, but clubbing many countries under one roof will not have so much strength like a unified one country with the same size of EU like India and China, the finding continues. EU will be in fact pull by its own pressure within and will only be able to maintain only its equilibrium.

So, the next 20 years a very different poticial scenario will emerge in the world.

I agree with your calm assessment. India will no doubt be a significant force. Let's not forget ASEAN, GCC (arabs), Latin Americas (including Mexico), African Union. The future is a multipolar world.

I agree with your calm assessment. India will no doubt be a significant force. Let's not forget ASEAN, GCC (arabs), Latin Americas (including Mexico), African Union. The future is a multipolar world.

Future is a multipolar world, Its just a prediction that India will be a global superpower by the significant growth of India at this moment,If it continues In this rate, India will Reach its destination soon, But Indias growth is multiplying every year.

hahaha wat da fuk 3rd world country claim becum a SuperPower ?? Lolzzz when i was opend this section my eyez lol @ threaD "INDIA SUPERPOWER" lolz Joke of the Centry lol

Buying Su30 and 126 F18 superhornet and claim becume a Superpower ?? hahhahaha LOOK AT MUMBAI AND INDIAN CITIES goto

SkyscraperCity - Powered by vBulletin India section and check it out Real Situation of INDIA thr cities etc (Posted BY INDIANS) lol

@ People here in Pakistan

After restriction on SMS (over Govt Jokes) finally i found superb joke let me forward to my friends

Bythe way my Joke Message is:

"INDIAN BECUM A SUPERPOWER" hahahahaha :rofl:

I would not stop you from laughing, Because,This laugh will stay not for long,If theres one country which denys That India is a growing superpower,Its Pakistan.. Watch this video and say what great thinkers unlike pakistanis have to say about India and what they feel about India.India has the FASTEST GROWING ECONOMY. ENJOY THE VIDEO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom