What's new

India tests Astra beyond visual range air-to-air missile from Su-30 MKI

Show where it had tested the r-77. Thats just as test bed and the radar is 2032 with some design changes in the modules.

images

Show where it had tested the r-77
It will happen before FOC

Show where it had tested the r-77
It will happen before FOC

it will not happen with 2032 or its indian wannabe. Keep that in mind. Jink all you like.

R-73 already integrated in LCA. R-77 and Derby relatively new system will be integrated with all fighters with IAF. R-77 and Derby is for short to Mid term, Astra is for Mid to long term

Derby is already integrated with LCA...
LGB also done...
Astra will we tested on LCA after successful integration with MKI...

R-77 & R-73 are not done yet and @Dazzler could be right... I'm not sure...

Another stupid post. Guess you are only good at getting personal.

The LCA has an Israeli radar as of now, hope you know that. R-77 is a Russian missile, Russians are not comfortable sharing source code with the radar. It doesnt matter what your FOC says.

Change the radar and it might happen sometime in the future provided the Russians allow that.

UTTAM AESA Radar... this might solve the problem...

I will tell you one more thing Astra has Russian seeker

Your info is out dated... now almost all Indian missiles have Indian seekers...

The existing Russian Agat 9B1103M active radar seeker used on the Astra had been replaced with an Indian Ku-band seeker developed by the DRDO’s Research Center Imarat (RCI) in Hyderabad.

https://www.livefistdefence.com/201...air-to-air-missile-is-quietly-killing-it.html

R 73 already done with LCA.
I was unaware of this FACT... Thank You...

Last edited:

4 years is a relatively short term for testing and deployment of a completely new system.

Back
Top Bottom