What's new

India tests Astra beyond visual range air-to-air missile from Su-30 MKI

Last edited:
Dude!! Don't go overboard and derail the thread. You're a TT and not a dunce, behave like one. Stay on the topic please.

It is on topic, the relation is there. Astra is just a cheap imitation of Mica and r-77. Even the airframe design is similar with a head on range of about 50km? Thats where it stands at this stage and all the hype around it just useless. The derby cannot be integrated on MKI as Russians do not allow it. The r-77 cannot be integrated on LCA as Israelis will go nuts.

It is on topic, the relation is there. Astra is just a cheap imitation of Mica and r-77. Even the airframe design is similar with a head on range of about 50km? Thats where it stands at this stage and all the hype around it just useless. The derby cannot be integrated on MKI as Russians do not allow it. The r-77 cannot be integrated on LCA as Israelis will go nuts.

You're beyond deplorable!! What's the relation between toilets and a BVRM? Care to explain mr. tt? :rofl: @WebMaster please stop promoting trolls as TT.

So this is your response to the post? You shouldnt even be on a defence forum if you need to call Webmaster for a bail out.

Mr. TT, I don't need anyone to bail me out. However, at the same time they should know the wonderful job done by their TTs. Thats the main reason why Ive reported your poor post and confronted you regarding your cheap trolling (that you do as usual on many threads), and you coward just responded with a negative rating. Who cares about your rating. So, that's your response? Then you shouldn't be a TT!!

Two third of your population cannot afford a toilet.
Wow, a PDF think tank still living in 2010....unfortunate.
But anyways, this may not be best in class, but it still is pretty good for a countr's first attempt, has 110km range, countermeasures against jamming..great maneuverability. No reason it cant stand toe to toe against its counterparts.

Sure, but we are not a polio infested shithole. And given you're in the same pile as us when it comes to toilets, first why not solve the same in your nation.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1168630
Deny it all you like, it is the truth.
ffs.PNG

In short, eating sh!t. Yeah, deny it all you want it is the truth.

Wow, a PDF think tank still living in 2010....unfortunate.
But anyways, this may not be best in class, but it still is pretty good for a countr's first attempt, has 110km range, countermeasures against jamming..great maneuverability. No reason it cant stand toe to toe against its counterparts.

What is the maximum range it has been tested so far?

A tt that doesnt know the facts, hmm? Go read up, head on range is 80-110km.

Bullshit, that range can ONLY be achieved in ideal conditions at an altitude of 49000 feet, not less than that. Now go do some reading.

An MKI trying to fire it at that altitude will have an LY-80 up its *** soon.

Those who cannot afford a toilet are getting GOI help and that number has gone down drastically...

According to one UN report... the percentage of poor people has decreased from 55 to 28... In 2016...
Post demonetization I feel that this number will go down to 25%-...

This is the quality of PDF think tank...
Going off topic that too shamelessly...

Thinking Tanked...

No, this is the reality that you overlook every time.

No, this is the REALITY OF OLD DAYS... and you quote it as it suits your propaganda...

Dude!! Don't go overboard and derail the thread. You're a TT and not a dunce, behave like one. Stay on the topic please.

Edit: haha the so called Tin tank gave me a negative rating for his trolling. What a way to go @WebMaster this guys are serving your site very well. Kudos to mr. tt

Sheer abuse of power...
If a TT want to post like a troll... he should not act like an admin or TT after getting a befitting reply...

Sure, but we are not a polio infested shithole. And given you're in the same pile as us when it comes to toilets, first why not solve the same in your nation.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1168630

View attachment 501480
In short, eating sh!t. Yeah, deny it all you want it is the truth.

Honestly speaking I don't like this post... we can put facts on his face to prove him wrong for off-topic troll...

@Dazzler
You are a Think Tank... if you want to prove that 2/3 of Indians are poor and don't have access to toilets... you can start a new thread on that topic...
But...

r-77 cannot be integrated on LCA
R-73 already integrated in LCA. R-77 and Derby relatively new system will be integrated with all fighters with IAF. R-77 and Derby is for short to Mid term, Astra is for Mid to long term

Edit: haha the so called Tin tank gave me a negative rating for his trolling. What a way to go @WebMaster this guys are serving your site very well. Kudos to mr. tt
R-73 already integrated in LCA. R-77 and Derby relatively new system will be integrated with all fighters with IAF. R-77 and Derby is for short to Mid term, Astra is for Mid to long term

The problem is that most of you know jack about basic things come blabbering as if you know it all. Another problem with you wise heads is that you think of every swadeshi technology as some blessing, which it is not, as as been the case with most of your weapons.

For R-73
R-73 is a heat seeker, it doesn't need guidance from the radar hence Russians had no say in it. They are not willing to share source codes for missiles to be integrated with the Isareli 2032 radar, hence the Derby missile being tested.

For R-77
it is a BVR that needs guidance from the radar initially, and at times longer, hence its success depends on the radar guidance. The active seeker kicks in only later to make use of onboard guidance but datalink is still important which is being provided by the host platform. Have Russians provided source codes of R-77 to be integrated with 2032? NO. Why? because they dont want to, simple.

[/QUOTE]R-77 and Derby relatively new system will be integrated with all fighters with IAF[/QUOTE]

As i said, you know jack.

Derby (1993) and R-77 (1994) have been around for over 20 years. At least do some searching before making idiotic claims.

Each time you try to get personal, you ask for a negative rating.

Derby (1993) and R-77 (1994) have been around for over 20 years. At least do some searching before making idiotic claims.
Hey jask
LCA BVR integration is part of FOC. so R77 will be intergrated with LCA. For IAF it is relatively new system. It added with IAF after Kargil not before that. As I said it will R77, derby and Astra are going to be stranded accross platform.

Last edited:
Hey jaskshit
LCA BVR integration is part of FOC. so R77 will be intergrated with LCA. For IAF it is relatively new system. It added with IAF after Kargil not before that. As I said it will R77, derby and Astra are going to be stranded accross platform.

Another stupid post. Guess you are only good at getting personal.

The LCA has an Israeli radar as of now, hope you know that. R-77 is a Russian missile, Russians are not comfortable sharing source code with the radar. It doesnt matter what your FOC says.

Change the radar and it might happen sometime in the future provided the Russians allow that.

Back
Top Bottom