What's new

India tests Astra beyond visual range air-to-air missile from Su-30 MKI

Hey jaskshit
LCA BVR integration is part of FOC. so R77 will be intergrated with LCA. For IAF it is relatively new system. It added with IAF after Kargil not before that. As I said it will R77, derby and Astra are going to be stranded accross platform.
He asking a simple question Will russian provide a source code to integrate R-77 with LCA radar which is Israeli origin (EL/M-2032) @RPK :angel:

The report says:

The Derby (Alto) is a BVRAAM developed by Israeli company, Rafael. In February 2005, India ordered 20 missiles and six practice missiles for integration onto its Navy’s Sea Harrier aircraft for $25 million.
The Indian Air Force tested Derby for the first time in May, 2017 and again on April 27, this year achieving the Final Operational Clearance (FOC) for its Tejas fighter aircraft.

India completed the final development flight trials of Astra from Su-30MKI fighter aircraft in September 2017. The missile is capable of detecting and destroying highly manoeuvrable targets, moving at a supersonic speed. The IAF has mostly dependent on Russian and Israeli air-to-air systems to meet its battlefield requirements.

Where does it mention what you claimed?

LCA has hybrid rader with EL/M-2032 and MMR

Bull, it is the same 2032 radar and is called hybrid for media consumption.

Why has it never tested it still?

It is already installed in LCA

hack_radar_acig.jpg

lca-mmr.jpg

@ indians:

He just replied you in your own tongue. For serious discussion, serious posts are required from you chaps as well.

Lol ... Good one....."My Forum..My Rules"? isn't it ? :triniti:

It is already installed in LCA

hack_radar_acig.jpg

lca-mmr.jpg

Show where it had tested the r-77. Thats just as test bed and the radar is 2032 with some design changes in the modules.

Back
Top Bottom