What's new

India stole intellectual rights on Bangladeshi tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several inaccuracies in the link you posted, will go through if I have time.

For the starter :

Seems the guy who wrote it need to do bit more research, even wikipedia academics know more than that!
What integra wrote about the division of the then Bengal Province in 1905 and the subsequent formation of East Bengal-Assam Province is based on history, and not on fiction.

The old Bengal Province was reinstated probably in 1910 when the Bangali intellectual Hindus of Calcutta started a movement against the changes that benefitted Bangali Muslims. Henceafter, the All-India Muslim League was formed in Dhaka that led the Pakistan Movement.

PDF is actually not a measurement of people's behavior of any country.. as out side India I met and worked with many Pakistanis and Chinese. We found the total picture different here in most of the cases..

Exactly....its actually a hell lot of difference outside when you meet people from different countries and you get a realistic picture of how they truly are....and take my word (am sure even you know), Pakistanis and Indians are one of the most friendliest people i have met....its like they are all from your local neighborhood, never takes time to get used to them....!

Cheers!!!

Love for Bangladesh and wanting to have good relation with Pakistan are NOT mutually exclusive. Get over indian and awami mentality.

Stick to the discussion if you have something to say.

This guy might hav some serious problems. All of last night I hav been fighting wit this indians without a single help from people like you and this is wot i get?

Ans wots wit the awami thing? If I could i would have made dr. Yunus the prime minister.

Last edited:
No you guys love your Master's holidays.. 1st January.
What about your national calendar called Saka Era? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is because every culture in India has its own calender and if every one starts using their own all hell will break loose.:lol:

BTW I love all holidays including our (your's and mine) master's holidays. ;)

I support only bangladesh

Great!!! But some of us support Bangladesh and the Islamic world including Pakistan. What wrong if we support for our Muslim brothers?:coffee:

Great!!! But some of us support Bangladesh and the Islamic world including Pakistan. What wrong if we support for our Muslim brothers?:coffee:

No problem.. but no trespassing after the honeymoon.

Care to explain alleged thief!!!:coffee:

We didn't stole anything.. These goods are existing in India for a long time and now we got the GI registration. If you got any problem go and file a petition.. good luck.

What integra wrote about the division of the then Bengal Province in 1905 and the subsequent formation of East Bengal-Assam Province is based on history, and not on fiction.

The old Bengal Province was reinstated probably in 1910 when the Bangali intellectual Hindus of Calcutta started a movement against the changes that benefitted Bangali Muslims. Henceafter, the All-India Muslim League was formed in Dhaka that led the Pakistan Movement.

Exactly! The second part was never mentioned in the link. Bengal was reunited again! Half-truth is no better than lie.

About the bold part. Although The movement was predominantly led by people who were born Hindus, it was never based on any Hindu ideology. Please don't degrade their contribution by calling them Hindu intellectuals. Remember your National Anthem was composed to induce encouragement to anti-partition movement in Bengal. It was more secular and equally impacting(though in a regional level) and same in nature to Satyagraha movement by Gandhiji in a decade after.

Regarding the benefits of Bengali Muslims - Both Hindu and Muslim educated people supported the movement, the only objection came from groups led by Nabab of Dhaka and other Urdu-speaking people who were looking for only his benefits, now we all know how they were loyal to British during sepoy mutiny thus awarded the Nabwab title. Accepting that major Bengali muslims were peasant class in East-Bengal and some Jamindars were tyrant(although both hindu and muslims were victims of their tyranny), do you really think, Nawbab cared for poor deprived people in general. They saw their influence is fading, so they opposed, simple as that.

Though, I think, the partition should have been happened at that time, we would have avoided the unnecessary blood-spill at 40s and the present distance between Bengalis of both side. But you people yourselves proved untrue the whole reason you parted for, by your independence struggle.

Last edited:
Dude though the traditional tamil new year is on Apr 14 the old man Karunanidhi changed it to Jan 14 (Pongal day).

Thts why no holiday...:(

BTW are you in Chennai.?

I been in Chennai for more than one year. Yeah they gave holiday in Pongol, but I thought Pongol is new crop harvesting day like our Nabanno or Baishakhi in Punjab.

Integra,

Point 1:
Pala dynasty(Buddhists) ruled almost all of India which makes us the Bengals who once ruled you.

Point 2:
http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/features/07-09/features1425.htm
Here you go and obviously I'm right and you are wrong.

Gupta was from bengal, I know 'bout the other two and the point was we ruled you and vice versa

The point that you have made in (1), has been contradicted in the link that you yourself have supplied in point (2)!

Care to have a look at the information in the link that you have submitted as evidence?

Next were the Pala kings, who originally came from Karnataka, and ruled between the eighth and twelfth centuries; they first ruled over Varendra and then gradually brought Vanga and Magadh under their rule. The Sena rulers succeeded the Palas, who originally came from Karnataka. Both the Pala and Sena rulers used the title 'King of Gaura' although they ruled entire Bengal.

The "Architect" obviously knows what he is talking about! :smitten:

Life is tough... eh?

Next were the Pala kings, who originally came from Karnataka, and ruled between the eighth and twelfth centuries; they first ruled over Varendra and then gradually brought Vanga and Magadh under their rule. The Sena rulers succeeded the Palas, who originally came from Karnataka. Both the Pala and Sena rulers used the title 'King of Gaura' although they ruled entire Bengal.

As I said before, there are many inaccuracies in the article. The architect sure did research! :s Palas din't conquered Bengal, rather elected as King/Protector. Democracy wasn't an alien word to ol' Budhhist maha-janapad, bihars. As far as I know, Palas fought against Karnatic(Rashtrakuta Dynasty) empire as well as Gurjara empire for Ganjetic plane.

As I said before, there are many inaccuracies in the article. The architect sure did research! :s Palas din't conquered Bengal, rather elected as King/Protector. Democracy wasn't an alien word to ol' Budhhist maha-janapad, bihars. As far as I know, Palas fought against Karnatic(Rashtrakuta Dynasty) empire as well as Gurjara empire for Ganjetic plane.

Abir,
I was being sarcastic!

:cheers:

Just was trying to point out the dangers of posting evidence without actually going through them! :-)

Abir,
I was being sarcastic!

:cheers:

Just was trying to point out the dangers of posting evidence without actually going through them! :-)

Yes it's dangerous to know a biased history of your people, as in your history lies the course of your future. I don't mind Islamic types who claim of having middle-east ancestry, but general BD historians also seem to follow a model of writing history much practised in our neighbour from west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom