What's new

India sends Top Sukhoi Pilots to Israel to train on F-16I under Aircrew Exchange program

Ummm... Interesting! But I would be surprised if India did a pilot exchange program with France to rafale instead.

They are the pioneer to the modern IAF tactics. Before that IAF follows the Russian doctorine aka the ground controller issues all decessions and instruction to the pilot, but in 2004 IAF exercise with the French Airforce which came with their Mirrage 2000, and beat the IAF, then the IAF realises that the pilot can fully utilize its capability if they work more independantly, which the western and the US pilots enjoys. In a year IAF changes and its doctorine, and inducted 3-D Radar, and in 2005 in cope India when IAF meet USAF F-15, the USAFgets small glimpse of what IAF is capable of.

Are you buying F-16?

maybe yes and that too surplus USAF F-16s with latest AESA radar and new engine like what Taiwan got other than that there is no reason to send owr best pilots to train in F16 to israel who happen to have the most potent F16 force after USA

maybe yes and that too surplus USAF F-16s with latest AESA radar and new engine like what Taiwan got other than that there is no reason to send owr best pilots to train in F16 to israel who happen to have the most potent F16 force after USA
Most capable pilots precisely,most potent air force is USAF.

Dude you are absolutely clueless about the topic isn't it?
Your country kids are rejoicing over the fact that IAF pilots will train on F-16's of the Israeli air force and will be able to exploit its weaknesses. Now if you have any idea about the presence of PAF pilots in these Arab states air forces, especially UAE and KSA you will get the point.

Something from China and Yeah that's a PAF pilot sitting in the cockpit. I believe it's the SuperDuper Sukhoi.
I don't follow PAF like some members do, so you better ask them they will provide you with more elaborate details. Point being:Indian pilots training on F-16's is no big deal as this is something which Pakistani pilots have already accomplished by getting familiar with the aircraft's in Indian inventory, well at least most of them.

No I'm still focused on ur claim to training with rafales and the implicit benefits it will bring for ur AF
Jingoism aside , the IAF already has a ton of experience with SAF F16s stationed YEAR ROUND in INDIA.

Yes ME outsources military personnel matters to your country. But that was my point before as well:
Your pilots may train on rafales and know everything in and out. But at the end of the day they will still go against an IAF rafale in a PAF F16 or a JF17. Superior IAF asset vs Inferior PAF asset. Do the math.

What the interaction with Israeli F16s comes maybe a more enhanced demo of their defense sub systems and not the core F16 platform as such. Both PAF and IAF pilots have good idea about their adversary plane by joint exercises with similar aircraft . What sets apart each would be the level of customisation and sub systems.

If IAF practices against say F16A from country X, its gathering nothing apart from WVR combat, whereas the opponent in real life combat would a block 52 or 60
Likewise for PAF

1. Which Subsystems -- Heard that Israel wants to change few subsystems of the US origin with its indigenous but US denied them.

2. Your Claim F-16s unsuitability for the MMRCA due to the contest being tailored to suit the Eurocanards from the start -- Pls ellaborate more, and how did you come to that conclusions when all the parties participated in the MMRCA contest were satisfied with the thorough evaluation process.
You heard wrong. The Dorsal spine on the F-16I along with various other changes in the mission computer and avionics package is Israeli specfic.

2. the desired weight capability and performance bracket suited the Eurocanards.

2. Your Claim F-16s unsuitability for the MMRCA due to the contest being tailored to suit the Eurocanards from the start -- Pls ellaborate more, and how did you come to that conclusions when all the parties participated in the MMRCA contest were satisfied with the thorough evaluation process.

2. the desired weight capability and performance bracket suited the Eurocanards.

To be specific, the MMRCA requirements were so high, only the Eurocanards could match them. Even then both Rafale and Typhoon couldn't match up to all the 643 points the contenders were graded on.

The f-16I"sufa" and i repeat f-16I is not like other f-16's,it may look the same from the outside but it is completely different,It was built from zero according to Israeli demands, its capabilities are quite different, the systems are Israeli, is not intended to serve the same role as the F-16 A/B/C/D.

As far as I know the IAF already has enough exposure to the F16 since the a larger part of the F16 inventory of the Singapore AF is based in Kalaikonda were they train. Then why this ?

As far as I know the IAF already has enough exposure to the F16 since the a larger part of the F16 inventory of the Singapore AF is based in Kalaikonda were they train. Then why this ?

As far as the India Air force is conserned India can learn the strategies regarding the Supression of Enemy airdefence SEAD and Destruction of Air defence DEAD. IAF is focussing in those areas, that's why India sends there Sukhoi and Jaguar all across the Atlantic ocean to practice them.

As far as the Israeli Air force is conserned, they will be benifited with the exposure with the MIG-29 and understanding the strategies which India developed over the years to face the F-16s.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom