What's new

India searching another line of fighter jet: Parrikar

f-16 is not a light class fighter.

Do u know how many countries of origin are there in the diagram?

Also, it's not about spare part blocking only- it's the supply of the spare parts themselves

India will have the same problem regardless if they buy F-16 or Gripen.
The F-16 contains a lot of subsystems, not manufactured by LM.
If India wants a spare ejection seat, they will have to talk to Boeing or Martin-Baker, not SAAB or LM.

What is an issue is the fact that there is a significant probability that companies manufacturing components
or subsystems issues a "last time buy" if/when the F-16 orders expires.
Last F-16 on order is to be delivered end 2017, and last orders of components may have already
been placed, so there is a high probability that F-16s cannot be produced in 2021, without redesign of subsystems.
Not beeing able to source a single 10 cent component can stall the whole product.

Then You really have a problem with spare parts.

If we had then what were we doing in last decade and initial years of this decade. There is a lot which we common folks don't know but we are not illeterate that we will not understand when nothing is being done for forces.

Indian Armed forces modernization is going on accordingly by keeping the global situation but indigenous production is been given importance .

tortoise_hare.jpg

Indian Armed forces modernization is going on accordingly by keeping the global situation but indigenous production is been given importance .

tortoise_hare.jpg
There is no meaning of disscussion any further if you don't acknowledge my concerns. And any way I have some urgent personal reasons to take leave. So pardon me. Bye and take care.

There is no meaning of disscussion any further if you don't acknowledge my concerns. And any way I have some urgent personal reasons to take leave. So pardon me. Bye and take care.

Republic of India's Defence Minister Statement is quite clear .

stop the MKxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx stuff, you shall buy Gripen.

If i were parrikar, i would have inducted the whole Gripen production line.

Rafale is too expensive to maintain and operate.

i don't know what parrikar is thinking of, time is money!

Grippen and f16 card was used for tactics.... they are never going to come. Our aim is to develop indigenous platforms and rely on ourself just like china is doing... LCA will never be said good bye almost all the mig21 and 27 fleets will be replaced by Tejas... and we'll have a medium class fighter (AMCA) and heavy class as FGFA in future.. that's the aim but there's definitely going to be delays

And no Rafale is not expensive to maintain...and we've already paid for the maintanance and spares.. that included in the deal

Grippen and f16 card was used for tactics.... they are never going to come. Our aim is to develop indigenous platforms and rely on ourself just like china is doing... LCA will never be said good bye almost all the mig21 and 27 fleets will be replaced by Tejas... and we'll have a medium class fighter (AMCA) and heavy class as FGFA in future.. that's the aim but there's definitely going to be delays

And no Rafale is not expensive to maintain...and we've already paid for the maintanance and spares.. that included in the deal
If Rafale is good and cheap, why only buy just 40?

If Rafale is good and cheap, why only buy just 40?

I never said its cheap... but cheap to operate.
Why we paid a huge amount is because it includes infra weapons and life cycl3 cost and training.

And no one said 40 is the final number... only we'll come to know the real number of rafale when the deliveries starts.... and with all the current procurements running in delay there's higher chances for follow on orders for rafale.... the numbers will go high as 80-90.

LCA is also a single engine A/C that was supposed to be work horse and major replacement in its class but due to constant non-interesting attitude, deliberate expanding armaments/gadgets list into one and above all the obsession for foreign machine, actually made it to nothing to be more than an experimental program. I remember, many of times in past, observers shared the same opinion that they will kill LCA program in a well planned manner that none will be able to understand as what happened.

Until & unless, there is foreign machine obsessed mafia, we will be hearing same news again & again. If LCA couldn't provides the punch which was expected after all those investments, time and energy, IMO, DRDO deserves dark room somewhere in far remote area or the people that deliberately doing so. Saying that another production line beside LCA, is nothing but a feel good news that the process may take decades like past and who knows.

A pure political and feel good approach by the ruling class to make happy involved parties, than a strategic decision.

I think you should start with a clean sheet of paper and eschew ego and end LCA project. It is a vintage concept. Saab is already offering you joint development for future fighter jet project. Why not take assistance from multiple sources for this future fighter jet project. You can get EW from French and design assistance from Saab and then assistance for engine from USA. There would be no design constraints like you have with Tejas.

LCA was build for parade and air shows to boost Indian pride. No need for too many squadrons.
Not exactly. A lot of Indians worked really hard on the program and their achievements in the various sub systems are commendable.
However, a dark comedy of mismanagement and overly high (and ever changing) expectations left the program a joke.

Truth be told, no cheaper foriegn competition could do anything to the future of LCA that the IAF, HAL and the Ministry of defense did themselves.

A Good Mental Masturbation from 2004. :partay:

Here its about National security .

Yes, Sex is very important for Indian armed forces and Indian citizen like me .

LCA is also a single engine A/C that was supposed to be work horse and major replacement in its class but due to constant non-interesting attitude, deliberate expanding armaments/gadgets list into one and above all the obsession for foreign machine, actually made it to nothing to be more than an experimental program. I remember, many of times in past, observers shared the same opinion that they will kill LCA program in a well planned manner that none will be able to understand as what happened.

Until & unless, there is foreign machine obsessed mafia, we will be hearing same news again & again. If LCA couldn't provides the punch which was expected after all those investments, time and energy, IMO, DRDO deserves dark room somewhere in far remote area or the people that deliberately doing so. Saying that another production line beside LCA, is nothing but a feel good news that the process may take decades like past and who knows.

A pure political and feel good approach by the ruling class to make happy involved parties, than a strategic decision.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...ys-parrikar/story-Srhjb1bGBxrrRFFOzroFeN.html
Defence minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday

Parrikar also made it clear that navy will continue supporting the development of naval version of Tejas but the current one will be just a technology demonstrator. He said that the navy is seeking a double engine aircraft.

He said when India decides to go for a twin-engine fighter to be made in New Delhi

Parrikar also made it clear that navy will continue supporting the development of naval version of Tejas but the current one will be just a technology demonstrator. He said that the navy is seeking a double engine aircraft.

Now read my post again so you will have clear picture what I posted. A mafia deliberately turned it into demonstrator when the bird was expected to fill the space and be the work horse. Secondly, indicating another goal post by mentioning Navy Variant development that may end the same way as happened to first and time frame is not decided by viewing the track record. Thirdly, commented the truth that what Navy like others wants, a double engine fighter actually, hinting foreign bird as we know LCA is just single engine (contradictions to own statement). Therefore, IMO, it is a political and favouring a specific group thing, giving an excuse for failures of HAL etc contrary to strategic planning.

Back
Top Bottom