What's new

India searching another line of fighter jet: Parrikar

Take away from this:
LCA chapter closed
No more rafales
No progress on fgfa

Try to understand what the following means,

1. "another single engine fighter line". The FIRST line is LCA.

2. Yes, no more Rafales. This was pretty clear from day one. Its only the fan boys who went berserk.

3. "..aspects of production and technology transfer are being looked into before signing up for the aircraft". This means progress. From screw driver tech, to actual ToT similar to Su 30 MKI.

For those who are saying No more Rafales.

There is a reason India paid ~2billion USD forv India Specific Upgrades for Rafales.

There is a reason why ~1 Billion USD was paid for support Infrastructure development here. And that's for 3 different air bases with 12 Rafales initially each.

However fcuking Idiot a buyer might be, but he won't do these 3 things just for 36!

For those who are saying No more Rafales.

There is a reason India paid ~2billion USD forv India Specific Upgrades for Rafales.

There is a reason why ~1 Billion USD was paid for support Infrastructure development here. And that's for 3 different air bases with 12 Rafales initially each.

However fcuking Idiot a buyer might be, but he won't do these 3 things just for 36!

Looks like its Parrikar who is saying no more Rafales.

So are you claiming that you are smarter than the entire IAF and MoD establishment and the DM himself ?

India did the same thing for 50 Mirage 2000, so its not like this is the first time.

So are you claiming that you are smarter than the entire IAF and MoD establishment and the DM himself ?

India did the same thing for 50 Mirage 2000, so its not like this is the first time.

Wrong Mirage 2000 Support Facility is only at Maharajpur Airforce Station aka Gwalior all 3 SQns based there....

Flights do move to other stations for excercises and return

Last edited:

There was a time he said instead of any Rafale , the void would be filled by Su30s alone , remember what happened next ?

And what I am saying, is simply straight facts about what is presently going on.

3 Air bases with 12 Rafales each in the beginning.

And for your information , the first airbase chosen , presently has only 1 hanger for Mi17 operations.

Converting 3 such bases for handling Rafales is a big investment.

And each will have a minimum of 2 proper squadrons.

In the beginning had I hopes for this person. Each day by day, he proves how incompetent he is.

Yet, bhakts love to pile on Antony.
you can't count on a person when he dress slippery go to work everyday.

BYE BYE LCA program. You were destroyed by a management that had no idea what it was doing; a sad end to a beautiful platform.

83+40 will be there with IAF, which is confirmed. MK2 option is open as per DM.

Hoping against hope that IAF will order more jets if Safran revives Kaveri Engine within 18 months to our satisfaction. If successful, more Rafys will also come.

There was a time he said instead of any Rafale , the void would be filled by Su30s alone , remember what happened next ?

And what I am saying, is simply straight facts about what is presently going on.

3 Air bases with 12 Rafales each in the beginning.

And for your information , the first airbase chosen , presently has only 1 hanger for Mi17 operations.

Converting 3 such bases for handling Rafales is a big investment.

And each will have a minimum of 2 proper squadrons.

I think it is tied to revival of Kaveri with full ToT. If french will comply with that more rafys will come, even off the shelf.

83+40 will be there with IAF, which is present ed. MK2 option is open as per DM.

Hoping against hope that IAF will order more jets if Safran revives Kaveri Engine within 18 months to our satisfaction. If successful, more Rafys will also come.

I think it is tied to revival of Kaveri with full ToT. If french will comply with that more rafys will come, even off the shelf.

What I am simply implying is a minimum of ~80-90 Rafales in any situation ,with respect to present investments would be procured.

As for from where they would be procured is another story.

83+40 will be there with IAF, which is confirmed. MK2 option is open as per DM.

stop the MKxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx stuff, you shall buy Gripen.

If i were parrikar, i would have inducted the whole Gripen production line.

Rafale is too expensive to maintain and operate.

i don't know what parrikar is thinking of, time is money!

stop theIndia xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx stuff, you shall buy Gripen.

In case of Rafale around ~4 billion USD of the deal was for India, specific upgrades, Infrastructure at 3 new air bases, training, spares, long term service contract, training , re investment in India and help in critical technologies.

That means around ~120 million USD per Rafale.

So Rafale is not as costly as it seems.

In case of Rafale around ~4 billion USD of the deal was for India, specific upgrades, Infrastructure at 3 new air bases, training, spares, long term service contract, training , re investment in India and help in critical technologies.

That means around ~120 million USD per Rafale.

So Rafale is not as costly as it seems.
to be honest, India doesn't have much choice left. you dont want F16 , F35 is not available, FGFA is stuck, LCA is behind its schedule. Parikar should hurry up. He would have been executed in China for endless delaying. You Indian shall have great tolerance. If i Parrikar, i will buy 120 Rafales off the shelf, and induct the Gripen production line at the same time.

if you wanna deal with China, at least you shall be take it seriously. For lord sake!

if you wanna runs an arms race you can't save money.

to be honest, India doesn't have much choice left. you dont want F16 , F35 is not available, FGFA is stuck, LCA is behind its schedule. Parikar should hurry up. He would have been executed in China for endless delaying. You Indian shall have great tolerance. If i Parrikar, i will buy 120 Rafales off the shelf, and induct the Gripen production line at the same time.

if you wanna deal with China, at least you shall be take it seriously. For lord sake!

Hope the push to Indian private sector yields some positive results.

stop the MKxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx stuff, you shall buy Gripen.

i don't know what parrikar is thinking of, time is money!

MK2 quote is from the same article from DM.

Gripen does not add any TOT value.

Rafale operating expenses were deeply discussed in sticky thread and French is hoping it is just more than M2000.

DM is pushing HAL, keeping all the options open as of now.

Back
Top Bottom