What's new

India seals Rs 70,000 crores missile deal with Russia : MOD sources

Psychology dictates this deal was negotiated and signed soon after SU-35 news.Money was found rather quickly unlike Rafael where india was stubborn to yield a similar amount. So who is more obsessed can be seen pretty clearly/. Correct me if I'm wrong ?
it happens when u start believing own lies ! SU 35 for Pakistan was mere rumors spread to get something from USA. however it was repeated by Pakistanis so many times they eventually start believing in it.

India can't make their own military weapons, that's why they only import. :lol:

India is getting self reliant....We are building Aircraft carriers, Nuclear Subs, World class destroyers but it will take time.

Last edited:
We can easily get 12-14 Systems for this price. Each System can have up to 6 fire units or up to 12 TELs each with possibilities between 4(48N6E3/40N6)-16(9M96E2) missiles per TEL depending on missile combinations. Now realistically if each of the 12 TELs has a combo of 2 Long range and 8 medium range missiles we are looking 120 missiles per system and a total of 1440 missiles ready to fire (with 12 systems across the country). I assume at least 3 times the numbers in reload. We can easily think of an arsenal of over 4000 missiles.

Each Fire Unit can be placed up to a 100 km away from the command center and 12 or more Systems can cover the entire frontier of India. S-400 in combination with Akash, Spyder ADS and Barak-NG will by 2022 make India's airspace impregnable. Using simple distance calculations on daftlogic, I find 3 Systems can cover the entire Pakistani frontier from Punjab down to Gujarat/Maharashtra, 1 can cover all of Kashmir, 4 can cover all of north east/east from Uttaranchal down to Assam/AP/Sikkim/Bengal. 3 Others can cover all of Southwest, southeast and South. 1 can cover all of Andaman.

Brilliant move to buy the S-400, it blankets the country with formidable protection when combined with the other systems.

What happened to indigenous developed Akash, another failure ? Jusl like Tejas and Arjun.

If you would like to discuss the Akash, tejas and Arjun I suggest you open a different thread in the relevant section. this thread is for the discussion of S400 system

"Deja vu"

What happened to indigenous developed Akash, another failure ? Jusl like Tejas and Arjun.

Modi using money power to pressure Russia not to sell any defense equipment to Pakistan good for us they are acquiring weapons just for political reasons not for defense needs which proves counter productive.
Hardly. It has nothing to with any of your "Pakistani arms deal negotiations" and we aren't buying S-400 to please anyone. And S-400 is widely regarded as a better air defense than US Patriot missile system. With it's extremely long range and effective electronic warfare capabilities, the S-400 is a real game changer.

Even your best buddy China has signed a deal with Russians to acquire six S-400 missile system as there nothing close to S-400 which China can make or "Copy paste". And you comparing the Akash defense system with S-400 is just ridiculous. And if employed near your boarder S-400 would give nightmares for your Jets even to take off anywhere 400 kms close to our boarder as you guys would be blasted off in 106 seconds after take off. Go figure and try something to counter it.

1028361065.png

Last edited:
Good news,

now lets see the western embassies in Delhi get activated.

India seals Rs 70,000 crores missile deal with Russia

Read more at India seals Rs 70,000 cr missile deal with Russia

New Delhi, Nov 2 (UNI) In what could easily be said the biggest ever defence deal with Russia, India has stitched a contract to acquire S-400 anti-ballistic missile systems from Moscow at a cost of around Rs 70,000 crores, top sources in the Defence Ministry said here today.

The modalities, including the price of deal and number of systems to be acquired, were agreed upon in the meeting of India-Russia Inter Governmental Commission on Military-Technical-Cooperation (IRIGC-MTC) which concluded today in Moscow, with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar co-chairing it jointly with his Russian counterpart Sergei Shoigu.

The mega deal, along with an agreement to get another nuclear submarine, is likely to be formally signed during the visit to Russia of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who would be travelling to Moscow sometime in December for an annual summit with President Vladimir Putin, the sources told UNI.

Read more at India seals Rs 70,000 cr missile deal with Russia

70K Crores :o: Sounds a bit too much only for S-400. But, I think there's more to the deal than we know.

I have a quick question for the more knowledgeable like @Abingdonboy @Oscar @Bang Galore @Spectre

How does this change the situation vis-a-vis a tnw launched from Pak MRBM's like Hatf-4 or Babur & also Ra'ad.?

But, Happy Diwali all. I mean some serious firepower these :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom