What's new

India seals Rs 70,000 crores missile deal with Russia : MOD sources

Boy that's a huge amount. It's a bit early though we should atleast wait till DM Moscow visit is over only then we will have the exact amount and nos of deal signed.
11 billion $ is too big a amount for s-400 I think it may also include lease of Nuclear Sub.

I dont get it, we negotiate alsmost similar price deal of MMRCA for years and years, and this news come out just within a span of a month to be signed already ?
Is this source even credible ? Where is anything from mainstream media of india ?

Google it, its already there.

You were not not willing to spend 10-12 billion dollars for Rafael but You have found money for this deal ? First you ruined French avionics deals and now this. You do take Pakistan way too serious and obsesses over us too much despite claiming every now and then you can crush us like a bug .

Due to peaceful nature of Dharmic thinking, India's strategy is simple.

Instead of spending on stuff that would allow it to win a war, India would rather spend money on stuff that would prevent a war.

Title is little Vague...

It is been reported that India is going to buy 10 "Systems" of S-400(Possibly 10 Regiments :undecided:).It has been reported that each regiments cost $500 mil,and India is possibly going to use some $5-6 Bil to buy S-400s.So it seems legit.

$900 mil-1 Bil for new SSN Kashalot.There might be a possibility to go for next SSN Iribis.We'll see about that.

$1 Bil for Ka-226

New BMP-2s(149 I think)

Possibly there will be some discussion on FGFA.

so $11 Bil is the whole Package.

Already did, and found nothing.

Main stream media reported that India will Buy S 400 a few days ago
along with other weapons during the trip of the Defence Minister

That was enough for the MSM

MSM does not really go into more details of each deal

They are more into political ; business and entertainment news

India can't make their own military weapons, that's why they only import. :lol:

@Bratva

PAF is NOT a threat to IAF anymore

Hence we are going slow on Rafale deal
PLUS we are Negotiating the Best possible deal for ourselves

Because that will be ANOTHER 25 Billion deal in the long run

The Rafale deal will be signed by 26 JANUARY our REPUBLIC Day
and President Hollande may be the Chief Guest of our Parade

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This S 400 deal was put on TOP priority to
STOP the Nascent Pakistan --- Russia Defence cooperation relationship

After the purchase of Chinook ; Apache ; P 8 I and C 17 from the USA
Russia was getting Upset

We had to do Something and FAST

Cruise missiles like Ra'ad and Babur quite hard to counter with sam. They may only effective against old type ballistic missile and even missles with MaRV and MiRV easily penetrate these systems.

Lol these outdated missiles are a cannon fodder for S-400, 400 Km u understand.....It would be hit even before it reaches indian skies.

Due to peaceful nature of Dharmic thinking, India's strategy is simple.

Instead of spending on stuff that would allow it to win a war, India would rather spend money on stuff that would prevent a war.

Not really. Look at what it does. Then think of why there are no consequences to terrorists attacks on India. Then look at this purchase again. Feel a light bulb switching on.....? :D

Google s-400 india.....I cannot post a reply with links because it says requirements not met idk.

There are links of previous months of india wanting to buy these systems.
I was searching for rather this latest news of deal being aleady inked and validating the price and figures.
Btw found something from TOI. It assumes about 10 regiments for 5 billion dollars.

As was first reported by TOI on October 11, India is now finalizing the procurement of ten S-400 systems, which can destroy hostile aircraft, stealth fighters, missiles and drones at ranges up to 400-km, in what will be a game-changing acquisition. Though the cost of the government-to-government deal will be decided through negotiations, it will be upwards of $5 billion, making it one of the largest-ever arms contract to be inked with Russia.
India, Russia discuss missile, helicopter, sub deals ahead of Modi-Putin summit - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom