What's new

India seals Rs 70,000 crores missile deal with Russia : MOD sources

70K Crores :o: Sounds a bit too much only for S-400. But, I think there's more to the deal than we know.

I have a quick question for the more knowledgeable like @Abingdonboy @Oscar @Bang Galore @Spectre

How does this change the situation vis-a-vis a tnw launched from Pak MRBM's like Hatf-4 or Babur & also Ra'ad.?

But, Happy Diwali all. I mean so serious firepower these :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Yes 11 billion only for S400. There is more to it than this news suggest.

Title is little Vague...

It is been reported that India is going to buy 10 "Systems" of S-400(Possibly 10 Regiments :undecided:).It has been reported that each regiments cost $500 mil,and India is possibly going to use some $5-6 Bil to buy S-400s.So it seems legit.

$900 mil-1 Bil for new SSN Kashalot.There might be a possibility to go for next SSN Iribis.We'll see about that.

$1 Bil for Ka-226

New BMP-2s(149 I think)

Possibly there will be some discussion on FGFA.

so $11 Bil is the whole Package.
You forgot to Include
new 2 Kilo class submarines,
upgrade of existing kilo class submarines in IN fleet,
Upgrade of Su 30mki

I would wait this one out for a little longer. While India is almost certainly looking at the S-400 purchase to be signed when Modi meets Putin, the figure mentioned here seems more than a bit excessive, We have to get more mainstream sources reporting this before you can start treating it seriously.

If quantity quoted in last thread (started by you: India, Russia discuss missile, helicopter, sub deals ahead of Modi-Putin summit is any indication, then this figure of $11billion is proper. In last S-400 thread which speculated that India would be buying 10 regiments for $5 Billion, people were expressing surprise over how cheap this deal is.

Anyway, there may be some phantom payments in this deal for tech which Russia could not legally sell to India (like Maritime Nuclear reactor), but would transfer nonetheless.

It is not as simple as that. The Shaheen series cannot support MIRVs and Pakistan is far from MaRV technology, for now.
But since ages i am listing our scientist are working on it and very soon we are going to test. Now what happens ? first time somebody told me that shaheen series can't support even a MaRV.

If quantity quoted in last thread (started by you: India, Russia discuss missile, helicopter, sub deals ahead of Modi-Putin summit is any indication, then this figure of $11billion is proper. In last S-400 thread which speculated that India would be buying 10 regiments for $5 Billion, people were expressing surprise over how cheap this deal is.

The mention there was 10 systems, each costing about $ 500 million. This tallies with China buying 6 for about $ 3 billion. 11 billion seems too high a figure.

The mention there was 10 systems, each costing about $ 500 million. This tallies with China buying 6 for about $ 3 billion. 11 billion seems too high a figure.

Exactly....11 billion of S400's is wasting too much of tax payers' money

China is only buying 6 does not mean they need only six. It means that would be enough to start a Chinese production line making its copies.

We need more than just 10 of these very long range SAM system.

Back
Top Bottom