What's new

India seals Rs 70,000 crores missile deal with Russia : MOD sources

Not really. Look at what it does. Then think of why there are no consequences to terrorists attacks on India. Then look at this purchase again. Feel a light bulb switching on.....? :D

Yupp prevents a war including nuclear and gorilla:enjoy:

The mention there was 10 systems, each costing about $ 500 million. This tallies with China buying 6 for about $ 3 billion. 11 billion seems too high a figure.

Is there a critical necessity for such a system that we are going for straight out procurement?

Shouldn't the focus be on more nut and bolts variety modernization - more basic ToT to future-proof our war making capabilities and so on and so forth. Just my humble opinion - I sure analysts and MoD officials have looked into every nook and cranny found this to be more justifiable of use of our limited resources. Also there is a strategic angle involved.

His previous id is @opruh and he is Philippine who uses google translate to post in Tagalog (Philipino language) ;)

I guess he created his new ID after getting 10 negative ratings. He wanted to be seen clean. He even started a thread on that topic. Foolish man!

If China needs are 10 S400's, I don't think India need 30 systems
China is only buying 6 does not mean they need only six. It means that would be enough to start a Chinese production line making its copies

I guess he created his new ID after getting 10 negative ratings. He wanted to be seen clean. He even started a thread on that topic. Foolish man!
He already got a negative rating on his new id, won't be long before we see a third id ;)

but that is for short range maybe something like an upgrade over tungushka type system i want to know on longer range interception :pop:

You know This acquisition is going to be gold mine. Now Pakistan will have to spend more on R&D on something to defeat this system that no one ever has built. or probably build more missiles, more MIRV. But these cost $$. and with the shape of Pakistan's economy. Sure go Ahead build, buy some thing to defeat this... by that time we will come up with some thing else, keep spending Pakistan. :)

Is there a critical necessity for such a system that we are going for straight out procurement?

Shouldn't the focus be on more nut and bolts variety modernization - more basic ToT to future-proof our war making capabilities and so on and so forth. Just my humble opinion - I sure analysts and MoD officials have looked into every nook and cranny found this to be more justifiable of use of our limited resources. Also there is a strategic angle involved.

This system is necessary if we want to shut up Nuclear sabre rattling of Pakistanis. S-400 could shoot down IRBMs easily, and is available on short notice.

It also makes our threat of invading Pakistan in case of a terrorist strike like that on Mumbai, much more credible.

Our own BMD ,capable of taking down 4500Km+ range missiles, would take some time.

China is only buying 6 does not mean they need only six. It means that would be enough to start a Chinese production line making its copies.
We need more than just 10 of these very long range SAM system.

If China needs are 10 S400's, I don't think India need 30 systems

13 is the magic number excluding Andamans. Refer below post by PARIKRAMA.

India seals Rs 70,000 crores missile deal with Russia : MOD sources | Page 4

This is a very priority deal indeed. It will remove the shackles of India in many ways.

Last edited:
You were not not willing to spend 10-12 billion dollars for Rafael but You have found money for this deal ? First you ruined French avionics deals and now this. You do take Pakistan way too serious and obsesses over us too much despite claiming every now and then you can crush us like a bug .

11 Billion USD S-400 for Pakistan ??
Even that much no. Of S-400 doesn't fit the cold start doctrine . Rest We got money and we will stop you guys from any edge in Military if we want to !! And Su-35 was mere newspaper thing and it died der if it was a negotiation going on and then India sign for more Su-35 or Su-30 we can agree to your Point but even then signing for S-400 Doesn't show any obsession to Pakistan we need to defence our Skies from PLAAF . Have huge gaps in Tibet Area ( Once IAF Radar control has lost PLAAF jet twice while tracking ; which shows the radar coverage @ LAC )

Back
Top Bottom