What's new

India seals Rs 70,000 crores missile deal with Russia : MOD sources

Psychology dictates this deal was negotiated and signed soon after SU-35 news.Money was found rather quickly unlike Rafael where india was stubborn to yield a similar amount. So who is more obsessed can be seen pretty clearly/. Correct me if I'm wrong ?
Modi using money power to pressure Russia not to sell any defense equipment to Pakistan good for us they are acquiring weapons just for political reasons not for defense needs which proves counter productive.

There were no nukes in 1965 when Pakistan defended itself against Indian conventional attack. But that is not the point of discussion here, S-400 can also take down cruise missiles and this is where it is changing the game.
Exactly...India is little behind in the cruise missiles particularly subsonic lacm...but with these systems threat is neutralized...I believe

I would wait this one out for a little longer. While India is almost certainly looking at the S-400 purchase to be signed when Modi meets Putin, the figure mentioned here seems more than a bit excessive, We have to get more mainstream sources reporting this before you can start treating it seriously.

Exactly...India is little behind in the cruise missiles particularly subsonic lacm...but with these systems threat is neutralized...I believe
Cruise missiles like Ra'ad and Babur quite hard to counter with sam. They may only effective against old type ballistic missile and even missles with MaRV and MiRV easily penetrate these systems.

Modi using money power to pressure Russia not to sell any defense equipment to Pakistan good for us they are acquiring weapons just for political reasons not for defense needs which proves counter productive.
Oh boy!!They serve our defense need perfectly!!
This system effectively neutralizes the babur cruise missile threat and you so called second strike capability!!

Oh boy!!They serve our defense need perfectly!!
This system effectively neutralizes the babur cruise missile threat and you so called second strike capability!!
Kid give me some technical analyzes HOW ?

Cruise missiles like Ra'ad and Babur quite hard to counter with sam. They may only effective against old type ballistic missile and even missles with MaRV and MiRV easily penetrate these systems.
Lol ok!! Have good day!

Some interesting tit bits

1. Russia locally procures S400 systems at $200 Mn each
  2. Russia recently revealed that it had sold China six battalions of its new S-400 anti-aircraft missile system. Each battalion will cost $500 million and includes training as well as spare parts and additional missiles. Each S-400 battalion has eight launchers, each with two missiles, plus a control center and radar and 16 missiles available as reloads. All equipment is mobile.
  3. Russia deployed its first S-400 battalion in 2010, around Moscow.
  4. The S-400 is similar to the U.S. Patriot and pays particular attention to electronic countermeasures that the Americans might have, or be developing.
  5. The missiles are also physically larger and have longer range as well as being very expensive.
  6. The S-400 missiles weigh 1.8 tons each and are 8.4 meters (26 feet) long and about 50cm (20 inches) in diameter.
  7. The missiles have a range of some 400 kilometers, and can hit targets as high as 31,000 meters (100,000 feet).
  8. The missile has a 145.5 kg (320 pound) warhead.
  9. The target acquisition radar has a range of 700 kilometers.
  10. The missiles are built to last for 15 years before needing refurbishment.
  11. The S-400 also has an anti-missile capability, which is limited to shorter range (3,500 kilometers) ballistic missiles that are within 60 kilometers of an S-400 launcher. That would mean a warhead coming in at about 5,000 meters a second (the longer the range of a ballistic missile, the higher its re-entry speed.)

But UNI which is a GOI agency has given the SAME news

And why it is a waste ; The way our enemies are expanding their missile arsenal
it is a wise investment

Now our indigeneous AAD and PAD can take their own time to mature

Plus we have NUETRALISED the Pakistan Russia defence deals in ONE GO

It also includes a Nuclear Submarine as well
Where exactly ? India, Russia sign defence cooperation agreement

Psychology dictates this deal was negotiated and signed soon after SU-35 news.Money was found rather quickly unlike Rafael where india was stubborn to yield a similar amount. So who is more obsessed can be seen pretty clearly/. Correct me if I'm wrong ?
There is something unprecedented about this deal. Yes su-35 rumors may have helped this deal.
I was talking about the french avionics reference.(French was the first choice even before RFI)
Don't believe the numbers until it is signed, It negates many things this govt stands for considering we have our own BMD and VLRSAM programs in development.

S400 is true game changer man, When this beast gets deployed at our borders, Even china will have to think 100 times for their offensive/defensive strategy.

I dont get it, we negotiate alsmost similar price deal of MMRCA for years and years, and this news come out just within a span of a month to be signed already ?
Is this source even credible ? Where is anything from mainstream media of india ?

Back
Top Bottom