What's new

India’s shopping spree & appalling poverty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyon...truth is bitter so u always try to run away from it.

Lets say you did not turn to college tomorrow.
Your dad ask you, did you bunk the college?
He ask that in morning, you answer him, he ask in afternoon, than next morning.
He does this everyday.

Are you running from truth or getting irritate by same question being asked over and over?

Don't understand the difference?

Since you are in a denying mode, whatever that help you to have a better sleep is fine with me. :D

I just woke up from sleep mate.. I am not in a denying mode today but in a debating mode. If you are interested i am willing to stay a while before going to breakfast.. Its a lazy sunday.

^^^^^this is not a india vs pak thread,lets keep it that way.
Dosen't matter if its 80% poor.50% poor or 20% poor.Yes we have the largest number of poor.But our defense spending has not increased as % of our gdp.Modernization is a necessity.Sooner or later evry1 has to do it.

Lets say you did not turn to college tomorrow.
Your dad ask you, did you bunk the college?
He ask that in morning, you answer him, he ask in afternoon, than next morning.
He does this everyday.

Are you running from truth or getting irritate by same question being asked over and over?

Don't understand the difference?

this doens't make any sense. if you are going to reply to the topic reply in a manner where all can understand. thank you.

Here are my replies provided 10 times before. Please bookmark this for reference.
1) India did not spend on defense for 3 decades and most military equipment is old. Hence we are modernizing. When you do shopping after a while, you spend more common sense.
2) We are still spending only 3.5% of our GDP.
3) The data about poor's in India is not reliable at all. Just because someone says I am blind does not mean I start believing it.
I also gave reasons why this data is not correct, I know for a fact that no one reports correct income in India, also it is common to show yourself as poor to get benefits from government schemes. So what shall we do for a flawed data.
4) National security is one aspect that cannot be ignored.
5) No country, can change percentage of poor by giving them free money. We did this for 40 years till 90's nothing changed.
6) If Pakistan, who cannot pay their IMF loan can increase their defense budget, India is in better position to spend.

Yes, India has many poor people (although the figure quoted is definitely exaggerated). Having poor people does not mean not spending on defence, technology, space and other sectors. In an ideal world defence would not be required, but with the kind of neighborhood we are in, it is a necessary evil. As India's GDP grows, incomes/tax collection increase automatically govts. budget would increase. India has been spending a lot more on the social sector too of late, although further increases should be made. According to the reports India is just above china in social sector spending.. but behind other developing countries.

I have worked with NGO's and there are lots of people who devote their time to upliftment of the poor. Contributions from people are increasing too. In fact India & China lead the way in getting people out of urban slums (UN Report). So slow and steady progress is being made :) Also corruption in the system is being exposed and things are moving on the right track although slow and very belated.. but progress nevertheless.

Hunger Proliferates In A Democracy; India Tops The Chart By Devinder Sharma20 September, 2010

Ground Reality

hunger.jpg

This is a chart that should put every Indian into shame. Not only an Indian, but also those who swear in the name of democracy. How can people's representatives remain immune to the growing scourge of hunger? Shouldn't this provoke you to ask the basic: why should hunger exist in a democracy?
55% of India's population poor: Report - The Times of India

Here are my replies provided 10 times before. Please bookmark this for reference.
1) India did not spend on defense for 3 decades and most military equipment is old. Hence we are modernizing. When you do shopping after a while, you spend more common sense.

This infact is incorrect, misleading of the truth. You have been modernizing ove the past three decades.

2) We are still spending only 3.5% of our GDP.

Again, I stated do not lie to make yourself look better. You are spending 10-20% of your GDP.

3) The data about poor's in India is not reliable at all. Just because someone says I am blind does not mean I start believing it.
I also gave reasons why this data is not correct, I know for a fact that no one reports correct income in India, also it is common to show yourself as poor to get benefits from government schemes. So what shall we do for a flawed data..

So whats reliable you? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4) National security is one aspect that cannot be ignored.

BUt the aspect that can be ignored is the suffering and misery of your own people. I bet you feel good saying this from your computer when your compatriot suffer on the streets and beg for help, while the like of you just keep on kicking them back to the curb.

5) No country, can changes percentage of poor by giving them free money. We did this for 40 years till 90's nothing changed.

Nobody said that, why don't you give them opportunities? Remember narrow minded thinking always leads to a dead end.

6) If Pakistan, who cannot pay their IMF loan can increase their defense budget, India is in better position to spend.

Why run from the truth and bring Pakistan into this?

@AJTR
You seems to not like anything India is doing and rest all Indians are fine.
1 suggestion for you.
Either adjust to majority thinking or apply for other countries citizenship. Indians will be happy and you will be happy too.

@AJTR
You seems to not like anything India is doing and rest all Indians are fine.
1 suggestion for you.
Either adjust to majority thinking or apply for other countries citizenship. Indians will be happy and you will be happy too.

Dudeee... dont bother.. its the same old random i bash India few thank me ohhhh i am soooo happy post... ignore it.

Thanks for your kind concern.

However all facts say you should be more concerned about your country's problems first. Stats for India pales in comparison to Pakistan.

captureehb.jpg

capture1ue.jpg

And I didn't even bother to show comparison of mortality rate, fertility rate, primary completion rate, ration of boys and girls in school etc etc.

Source: World Development Indicators (subset) - Google Public Data Explorer

I said it the last time(when such a thread was created) ..i will say it again, It does not bode well of Pakistani authors/members to write/create such threads because real numbers can prove to be embarrassing for them.
here is a preview.

Pakistani spends 4.2% of its GDP on defence, while India spends 2.3 % of its GDP on defence.

And this is while
Pakistan's pre capita GDP growth has been close to zero(and even negative for a brief period of time ) for last 3yrs.

In pakistan everyday more no of people move below poverty line, while in India it is the opposite.

Pakistan spends less than 2% of GDP on health and Education combined while India spends more than 3 % on Education sector alone.

Pakistan suffers the worst floods in its history, while pakistani armed forces get a mid year increase in its budget immediately after the floods.

Pakistani economy is on the verge of collapse this year..and if its fears of hyperinflation materialize ..its poverty rate will increase exponentially.

Last edited:
Hunger Proliferates In A Democracy; India Tops The Chart By Devinder Sharma20 September, 2010

Ground Reality

hunger.jpg

This is a chart that should put every Indian into shame. Not only an Indian, but also those who swear in the name of democracy. How can people's representatives remain immune to the growing scourge of hunger? Shouldn't this provoke you to ask the basic: why should hunger exist in a democracy?
55% of India's population poor: Report - The Times of India

Did I see China's name also in the big blue circle? OMG, Chinese are more hungry than Bangladesh and Pakistan and African countries. There goes the dream for being largest economy down the drain. Shame shame Chinese.

If my shirt is torn then your fly is open as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom