What's new

India’s shopping spree & appalling poverty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep a huge defence spending is perfectly fine for you, you don't worry about food, or rent and you get the added bonus of having something gloating about the cool hardware India has on defence forums.

Cut it man.

We know about the number of poor people that we have inside our country and we also know the number of enemies that are present outside our country.

Its not that we love to spend on defense but we have no other option.

I brought Pakistan because you posted this, khud ko bhi dekho. We are spendig because we can, end of story. Only fools think poverty and defense budget are related. We have discussed this so many times. If people does not know basic economics then no point explaining.

You bring economics into this from thin air? Only fools think poverty and excessive unnecessary spending are of no concern.

Also for serious poster, I have explained so many times that the poverty data about India is incorrect. They are based on just surveys. Plus no one in India reports correct earnings. I have met hundrerds of people having below poverty line card but are actually middle class.

Last edited:
Do you have reading problem?
It's not half billion is not equal to no one is poor.

Do you really want to get into whose English is better?

Also for serious poster, I have explained so many times that the poverty data about India is incorrect. They are based on just surveys. Plus no one in India reports correct earnings. I have hundrerds of people having below poverty line card but are actually middle class.

You personally have hundreds of people ?

Yep a huge defence spending is perfectly fine for you, you don't worry about food, or rent and you get the added bonus of having something gloating about the cool hardware India has on defence forums.

You don't understand India period. I cannot argue with people who will report a bomb blast if there is a Internet link that says that, but will argue with person standing at ground.

I dont know where you got the idea of half the million living on 1 USD statistics which is BS. Anyway since you raised it,..... a family of 4 with 4 USD each day is enough to buy all food including breakfast, lunch and dinner, go for an outing, pay the mobile recharge and buy a family pack of wall's ice cream and a small bottle of brandy.

If you want a price breakdown , i am more than happy to provide it.

Deal with it. :tongue:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/88127-80-indians-live-less-than-2-day-wb.html#post1400465

Newly released article. Enjoy.

Do you really want to get into whose English is better?

You personally have hundreds of people ?

Well my English is not that great either, spellings are worse. I was not pointing at your English but the fact that you twisted his statement. Also I am typing using Phone, which makes it difficult to type.

Oh bugger off, unless you've personally have maintained a family and sent children to school and have a shelter all on 2 bucks a day, I'd like to see some price studies and also show me some statistics on how "the lowest of the lowest labourer has a daily wage fixed around 2 USD for the lowest of job" or is that just your general perception/feeling as an expat living in Wales.

I dont need to personally mainitain it it know it.

It seems a guy ( apparently you ) sitting thousands of miles away and reading stuff on the internet knows more about the situation here than me.. :lol:

Ok i will give you the minimum wages chart from the governmental sources. But i wont be able to help you , if ur mind is fixed and dont want/ like to hear the reality.

Ok here is the minimum wages chart.. it means "minimum" while actual is a bigger figure due to demand.

Minimum Wages India ? Current Minimum Wage Rate India

Cut it man.

We know about the number of poor people that we have inside our country and we also know the number of enemies that are present outside our country.

Its not that we love to spend on defense but we have no other option.

Funny, you don't think that your generals and media playing up the China threat has something to do with your bloated budget? And you the people buy into it hook line and sinker. All the while, they sit there happily handing out billions in defence contracts.

Whatever your country, do with it as you will.

Also for serious poster, I have explained so many times that the poverty data about India is incorrect. They are based on just surveys. Plus no one in India reports correct earnings. I have met hundrerds of people having below poverty line card but are actually middle class.

sure we should listen to you, instead of reliable news sources. okie dokie. :rolleyes:

I dont need to personally mainitain it it know it.

It seems a guy ( apparently you ) sitting thousands of miles away and reading stuff on the internet knows more about the situation here than me.. :lol:

Ok i will give you the minimum wages chart from the governmental sources. But i wont be able to help you , if ur mind is fixed and dont want/ like to hear the reality.

Ok here is the minimum wages chart.. it means "minimum" while actual is a bigger figure due to demand.

Minimum Wages India ? Current Minimum Wage Rate India

Hey I'm not the *** that made the claim, I only have to prove what I say, not what you say.

As for your min wage stat, it doesn't include those in the cash to hand trade. There was an economist magazine article that made a big deal out of that point a while back.

Funny, you don't think that your generals and media playing up the China threat has something to do with your bloated budget? And you the people buy into it hook line and sinker. All the while, they sit there happily handing out billions in defence contracts.

Whatever your country, do with it as you will.

See, you just showed your thinking limitations.

Ask most of the people in India about China and the only thing they will reply back will be "Chinese Noodles".

Ask them about the main threat to India and you will get your answer (and that will not be China) and then no one will question as to why India spends 2.5% of her GDP on defence.

Hey I'm not the *** that made the claim, I only have to prove what I say, not what you say.

As for your min wage stat, it doesn't include those in the cash to hand trade.

Why you are adament to prove it when its not the reality.. Is ur school/ university giving u extra marks if u do so?/ :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom