What's new

India’s aircraft carrier ambitions take a dive

We are using modular approach which I already mentioned to build ACC. ToT from scorpene will result in fast construction. CSL already has its hands full.

Solution is, developing more shipyard and developing them like we are making naval stations, better requirement analysis, well coordinated effort, constant progress report put under scanner and avoid loss of know how if the current demands are met.

Do you know why Airbus 380 got delayed by 6 months, taking away the lead it had on Boeing Dreamliner. The part made in France and in Germany, didn't fit together coz different softwares were used. One of Airbus senior executive was fired for this, and Airbus had fear of bankruptcy due to delay in delivery to airlines, loosing customers to Boeing.

My point is, these things happen even at giant private companies like Booing, Airbus, one ofthe solution is private partners. I completely agree with joint ventures, but for limited time period. Or giving entire project to private players.

yes there is one shipyard that is coming up, dedicated for warships, built by a company that has the potential to give these shipyards a run for money. Larson and Toubro shipyard is soon toaking its first orders. only the name of the company is enough to judge the size and importance of this shipyard.

yes there is one shipyard that is coming up, dedicated for warships, built by a company that has the potential to give these shipyards a run for money. Larson and Toubro shipyard is soon toaking its first orders. only the name of the company is enough to judge the size and importance of this shipyard.
Pipavav Shipyard is for commercial ones, but I think few other orders will be given as it is working with DCNS.

Actual problem is not delay of this project...Main Problem is the attitude of the people who are working in Gov Organistions....I think its high Goverment should work on working culture in the organisation....Either introduce Hire and fire policy in these organisations or open this sector for private sector so that they can compete wih PSU's.....

Let both of them bid for the project....and huge fines should be imposed on the winner if their is increase in cost or delay of the project...

Pipavav Shipyard is for commercial ones, but I think few other orders will be given as it is working with DCNS.

i think just like IT and automobile industry are booming because of good govt policies and plans. shipping industry also needs a policy framework. pipapav is a hige investment but has not received enough orders, although partnership with dcns is great.

while l&t shipyard is the largest in asia when fully completed and one of the largest in world. they are planning to invest over 10 billion in long term.

adani is setting up another huge shipyard and every public sector shipyard is also undergoing massive expansion to remain competent with booming private sector. they will definitely try to force the govt to not let private sector take the dominant position.

while private sector is partnering in companies in europe and japan and bringing latest shipbuilding home, public sector has expertise in manufacturing warship, which the private sector is hungry to learn.

govt needs to step up and make a policy for shipbuilding and promote cooperation in the nation' shipyards rather than making excuses that private industry cant build warships due to lack of experience.

We are using modular approach which I already mentioned to build ACC. ToT from scorpene will result in fast construction. CSL already has its hands full.

Solution is, developing more shipyard and developing them like we are making naval stations, better requirement analysis, well coordinated effort, constant progress report put under scanner and avoid loss of know how if the current demands are met.

Do you know why Airbus 380 got delayed by 6 months, taking away the lead it had on Boeing Dreamliner. The part made in France and in Germany, didn't fit together coz different softwares were used. One of Airbus senior executive was fired for this, and Airbus had fear of bankruptcy due to delay in delivery to airlines, loosing customers to Boeing.

My point is, these things happen even at giant private companies like Booing, Airbus, one ofthe solution is private partners. I completely agree with joint ventures, but for limited time period. Or giving entire project to private players.

You rightly said the joint ventures and involving private players like L&T is the need of hour. Delays are part and parcel of complex engineering projects, F-35, A-400, are prime examples of the same but that should not be the practice like in our country. Our indigenous programmes are in disarray and the solution is to go for Joint Ventures. Compare our LCH programme with TAI, Turkish LCH, our LCA with JF 17 & SAAB Gripen, and MBT Arjun with MBT 2000 / DRDO Al-Khalid etc.
I read I Turkish defense section that in Turkish MILGEM programme they built two corvettes in state shipyard and awarded the contract for remaining 6 corvettes to private shipyard. Now the same sate shipyard is working on to build bigger ships with larger hulls. So the direct involvement of private sector is extremely necessary for time bound completion of the projects.

If you want to learn project management, Indian Defense industry is the place for it.

Pvt shipyards needs to be certified by the defence ministry and navy, before handing over naval contracts...I hope they are certified fast.

They delay is because of subsystems, not the problem of CSL. CSL should punish the firms delaying parts...but not going to happen cos of corruption in awarding contracts.

Both the politicians and pvt firms are in benefit, the nation loses.

if u dont want to learn anything, just use chinese equipment, and never even give a single try to build a plane, tank of ship, pakistan is the place for it.

Yeah , now start trolling to cover up your problems and failures ! I seriously expected nothing better from your likes ...

Yeah , now start trolling to cover up your problems and failures ! I seriously expected nothing better from your likes ...

loll have u even seen the post i replied to. anyways keep shouting as u cant even build a small boat.

Expected from India, the country that talks a lot, but does very little!
You are wrong buddy , we liberated Bangladesh , training many countries army , annexing ST,Sikkim,Goa,Kashmir valley... Aren't they actions ?
Btw see yourself first in mirror , your country(not the flag you show) cant even think of talking and you point others that they talk ? Huh :rofl:

The stupidity is astounding.

First set an unrealistic timeline

Second tell the media about it

Third revise it and then again tell the media about it and call it delay.

Its not even delay, just horrible stakeholder management, project management and PR.

I'm beginning to think these guys LOVE the ridicule. No seriously. Can't believe how demoralising this must be for those putting their efforts and years into these projects. I mean how difficult it is to use some decent project management techniques?

Back
Top Bottom