What's new

India, Russia negotiating sale of S-400 missiles to India: Russian envoy

So what do you think can counter the "Cruise" missiles from Pakistan? Please suggest something to us.
theres no one magical solution. tbh even i dont know. its like finding a needle in a hay stack.

theres no one magical solution. tbh even i dont know. its like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Over the horizon radars, AWACS, can detect cruise missiles. India has those, just like any other country.

Over the horizon radars, AWACS, can detect cruise missiles. India has those, just like any other country.
true but is india flat though? especially not when bordering china and Pakistan (northern)

true but is india flat though? especially not when bordering china and Pakistan (northern)

No, nothing is flat....but like i said, it still can be detected and intercepted. albeit the chances are not as great as ballistic ones. but its not impossible when you use a net work of ground, sea and airborne radars with excellent datalink. You can achieve the task.

No, nothing is flat....but like i said, it still can be detected and intercepted. albeit the chances are not as great as ballistic ones. but its not impossible when you use a net work of ground, sea and airborne radars with excellent datalink. You can achieve the task.
well with great kit and communication you can do anything. but does india have this bordering all of pakstan/china? and soon all of india's coast?

well with great kit and communication you can do anything. but does india have this bordering all of pakstan/china? and soon all of india's coast?

Yes, India is creating a cluster of radars for sea based and ground and aerial tracking for cruise missiles, by AWACS, Aerostats, greenpines and other short and medium powered radars. There are loopholes but they will be closed in a matter of couple of years. Loopholes in the sense, the detection layers in some areas are not robust enough (not unguarded) only for cruise missiles. For others like fighters and ballistic, it already exists.

Foe coastal radar network, go through here

Others- here

Man-portable VSHORADs (<10km)- IGLA-S and SAAB RBS-70 (latter looks most likely)

QR-SAM (15km)- MAITRI

SR-SAM(15-40km)- Akash and SYPDER-SR (ASTRA-VL also under development)

http://idrw.org/vl-astra-based-air-defence-system-will-be-offered-source/

MR-SAM (90-100km)- BARAK-8

LR-SAM (150km)- BARAK-8ER

LR-SAM+ (200km+)- DRDO next-gen SAM and S-400
DRDO plans advanced missiles - The Hindu

BMDS- Indian BMDS (based on PAD and using Swordfish radar)

Like I said- it's a floor to ceiling plan.
Rightly explained by you but i have problem with the red part ..........we are diversifying too much on the SRSAM area

In my opinion we should have common missile say of 20 km and a ER version of it (let's say AKASH NG) ........and diversify for IN, IAF IA

for QRSAM = AKASH NG upto 20 km
for SRSAM = AKASH NG ER for 20-50 km

Now it should be capable to neutralize low level supersonic missiles so that it can adapted for all tri-services
(especially for IN where combination can be QRSAM, BARAK 8. VLRSAM to give point to area defence )

Rightly explained by you but i have problem with the red part ..........we are diversifying too much on the SRSAM area

In my opinion we should have common missile say of 20 km and a ER version of it (let's say AKASH NG) ........and diversify for IN, IAF IA

for QRSAM = AKASH NG upto 20 km
for SRSAM = AKASH NG ER for 20-50 km

Now it should be capable to neutralize low level supersonic missiles so that it can adapted for all tri-services
(especially for IN where combination can be QRSAM, BARAK 8. VLRSAM to give point to area defence )
From what I hear the Akash 2/NG may very well be something very different to the Akash in its current form. It could be the Maitri by another name.

And I think it is right to develop the Astra into a SAM if for nothing else but the expereince of doing so and possibly export. I agree though that at the lower end (>10km- 20km band) things are getting a bit crowded but I also think it is important to not put all your eggs in one basket.

I have to say I am very impressed with the comprehensive air defence cover being developed- Dr Kalam would be proud :)

well yes the pantsir is made for low level targets, correct. but again the sirface is not level and you need to onsider stealth missles. also there is a technique called "pick and bang" this is designed to overwhelm the s400. a single anti radiation missiles is fired on a typical tragectory once it recieves the s400's radar signature the signature is sent to a comand post where decoy missiles are fired sending the s400's signature and then a low level arm will finish it of . also they can have typical glide vechiles that give of a standard elements of a fighter jet. but the thing is they will be alot of them. there is another technique but i shall keep than under wraps as im not allowed to talk about that.

the barak8 is a naval missile isnt it?

i find to good to be true. i shall take my exit and say night. i shall quote you when needed.
take it easy lad

S400 and its assets would be totally under the protection of various types of missiles ,forces etc .

This was in 2010. This is 2016. By 2020 the coverage will be 100%. Both on land and on sea.

INDIASAMNETEW.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom