What's new

India refuses to attend Saarc conference in Pakistan

@zebra7 will be taking up the questions later, in october. Will tag you. Till then post the questions if you want, tag me when someone decides to answer them sequentially and in a straightforward manner.

Ciao

So much for hopes and claims of debate and discussion and the "door" being open and all. :(

@Joe Shearer @hellfire @Levina @WAJsal

On this OP or the general rants???;)

On topic: It was a ploy to apply pressure for meaningful talks. Today videos of tricolor in Baluchistan are being circulated on net.

I think it is all a part of the pressure tactics to get a meaningful dialogue on course. And I hope it does.

The public hardening of stand, the rhetoric and the US State Department's statement or lack thereof, all are serious indicators of some diplomatic pressure being built on Pakistan on a compromise(?).

Now @WAJsal will get on my case but the fact is, the alternate to present situation is very serious and grim, seeing that Kashmir valley remains tense and BSF is coming on streets now, with CAPFs and police being eased off. That is serious, as per me.

@Joe Shearer your comments?

On topic: It was a ploy to apply pressure for meaningful talks. Today videos of tricolor in Baluchistan are being circulated on net.

I think it is all a part of the pressure tactics to get a meaningful dialogue on course. And I hope it does.

The public hardening of stand, the rhetoric and the US State Department's statement or lack thereof, all are serious indicators of some diplomatic pressure being built on Pakistan on a compromise(?).

Now @WAJsal will get on my case but the fact is, the alternate to present situation is very serious and grim, seeing that Kashmir valley remains tense and BSF is coming on streets now, with CAPFs and police being eased off. That is serious, as per me.

OP, haven't had the chance to go through those rants!
Come one, both of know what it was a ploy for!! There are no hidden agendas here, it is what it is!! For how long will we keep shying away from these bitter truths? THERE IS NO HOPE!

Come one, both of know what it was a ploy for!! There are no hidden agendas here, it is what it is!! For how long will we keep shying away from these bitter truths? THERE IS NO HOPE!

There is no space for banalities like Debate, Discussion and Hope when blood continues to flow..

India's stand is principled, pragmatic and correct - Talks cannot be held in the shadow of terror.

Terror and Terror funding is the No:1 issue plaguing both countries and hence let's just talk about cross border terrorism. Hash out measures to stop this and then go forward to other contentions.

No sane country - specially Pakistan which has lost thousands upon thousands should balk from this but then again quixotic quest of asymmetrical warfare, death by thousand cuts, strategic depth and all other nonsense matters more than the current threats.

I will differ here. Diplomatic pressure is being mounted on Pakistan. You have to read it in the context of statements emanating in your own political scene, Imran Khan ranting off, Altaf Hussein, MQM in Karachi wins Mayor elections and the Mayor is in jail, Tricolor in Baluchistan, there are multiple pressure points being built - internally and externally.

Howsoever, cockeyed my logic is, please do grant me that I was not off regarding the policy of India which has got adopted, only I gave a rationale for it (WAJsal it is only to highlight the logic; not to debate). The message being sent is clear; talk terror, discuss P0K and we back off on Baluchistan if you stay away in Kashmir. The moment Pakistan backs off on Kashmir, things will simmer down. Pragmatically, we can agree on division of Kashmir. Allow for the movement of those who do not want to stay where they are presently and arrange a suitable financial compensation for the rehabilitation on either side in a phased manner.

I only hope that this does not head south. Then the proverbial $hit will hit the fan, because all indicators are heading in that direction.

I will differ here. Diplomatic pressure is being mounted on Pakistan. You have to read it in the context of statements emanating in your own political scene, Imran Khan ranting off, Altaf Hussein, MQM in Karachi wins Mayor elections and the Mayor is in jail, Tricolor in Baluchistan, there are multiple pressure points being built - internally and externally.

Howsoever, cockeyed my logic is, please do grant me that I was not off regarding the policy of India which has got adopted, only I gave a rationale for it (WAJsal it is only to highlight the logic; not to debate). The message being sent is clear; talk terror, discuss P0K and we back off on Baluchistan if you stay away in Kashmir. The moment Pakistan backs off on Kashmir, things will simmer down. Pragmatically, we can agree on division of Kashmir. Allow for the movement of those who do not want to stay where they are presently and arrange a suitable financial compensation for the rehabilitation on either side in a phased manner.

I only hope that this does not head south. Then the proverbial $hit will hit the fan, because all indicators are heading in that direction.
there is nothing to back off in baluchistan matter. it is wishful thinking. the attempt was made and have failed, it is as simple as that. i am just leaving for home and will get back on this with a better detailed reply. it is nothing new and you know most of it already, still, i will try to put it up again.

there is nothing to back off in baluchistan matter. it is wishful thinking. the attempt was made and have failed, it is as simple as that. i am just leaving for home and will get back on this with a better detailed reply. it is nothing new and you know most of it already, still, i will try to put it up again.

Nah, I know. Don't waste your time repeating.

I am giving you the GoI logic here. Your post, that is all I replied to with reference to the logic prevalent right now.

Chill. This will hopefully sort out.

Last edited:

none.

this is a very good time to remain absolutely silent. an accidental loose word could be harmful.

Nah, I know. Don't waste your time repeating.

I am giving you the GoI logic here. Your post, that is all I replied to with reference to the logic prevalent right now.

Chill. This will hopefully sort out.
GoI and its logics!!!

Now replace this "I" with any other alphabet and the sentence remains true!

Lets wait and see what comes next! Hope for the best and prepare for the worst?

Most probability SAARC will be diluted and in its place we will have sub regional cooperations such as BBIN and India and South East Asia ECM.

Most probability SAARC will be diluted and in its place we will have sub regional cooperations such as BBIN and India and South East Asia ECM.
hmmm and India and India!

hmmm and India and India!

It is simple Sir...economics cannot be held hostage to political bickerings...things have to move...the future is extra national unions such as European Union...it is prudent for India to explore trading unions with BD, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Vietnam and Thailand etc.., while Pakistan can do the same with central asia and middle east.

Back
Top Bottom