What's new

India PM warns of Sikh militancy

excellent posts malang.

let me try and summarise what's happening: just like most muslims dont support al qaeda, most sikhs dont support khalistan. some sikhs in foreign countries may feel the need for a khalistan, but that mentality is not reflected in indian sikhs by and large.

To sum it up Khalistan is the demand of Sikhs. Bengalis want Bangladesh we gave them. The situation in Lal Masjid was not a freedom movement so to compare it with Khalistan movement is some thing like we are comparing earth and sky. And about allocating resources for that movement I still say that the movement is in India, allocating resources for igniting insurgency is not something which is included in budget of Pakistan but we have the example in front of us India provided support to Bangladesh and in case of any help needed by Sikhs they will be provided help. There is a map and currency design declared by Sikhs and if some body thinks that they are few than they can dream.

To sum it up Khalistan is the demand of Sikhs.
why?? and how??

1. Sikhs are not discriminated against not by the people nor the constitution and if they are they have courts (or their fists/swords) to fall back on...

2. Sikhism doesn't support a Sikh only state else why would Sikh Gurus build Mosques for Muslims, or give up their lives for Hindus?

Bengalis want Bangladesh we gave them.

You didn't do them a favour, your forces surrendered/lost; you don't say we are leaving...

The situation in Lal Masjid was not a freedom movement so to compare it with Khalistan movement is some thing like we are comparing earth and sky.

I think there can be parallels drawn.. Khalistan was a movement to have a Total Sikh Goverened State.. Lal Masjid people want a Total Shariat State..

And about allocating resources for that movement I still say that the movement is in India, allocating resources for igniting insurgency is not something which is included in budget of Pakistan but we have the example in front of us India provided support to Bangladesh and in case of any help needed by Sikhs they will be provided help.

I say why don't you go a step further and ask Sikhs to settle in Pakistan since they are obviously discriminated against in India and treated equally in Pakistan.. don't you want a brave and hard-working community whom you care about to be incorporated in your nation???

or why don't you give Sikhs territory of LAhore and Nankana Sahib as a gesture of goodwill and brotherhood??

There is a map and currency design declared by Sikhs and if some body thinks that they are few than they can dream.

There are many even in EU, UK and USA who have declared themselves to be sovereign nations...
Search for micronations on google..
No one takes them seriously...

excellent posts malang.

let me try and summarise what's happening: just like most muslims dont support al qaeda, most sikhs dont support khalistan. some sikhs in foreign countries may feel the need for a khalistan, but that mentality is not reflected in indian sikhs by and large.

Yes. in fact the younger generation of Sikhs esp outside of Punjab have no idea what is Khalistan!!! The caste based power struggle also played an important role in it...

I say why don't you go a step further and ask Sikhs to settle in Pakistan since they are obviously discriminated against in India and treated equally in Pakistan.. don't you want a brave and hard-working community whom you care about to be incorporated in your nation???

or why don't you give Sikhs territory of LAhore and Nankana Sahib as a gesture of goodwill and brotherhood??

Who says that they are our brothers mate? We will not help them b/c of brother hood.:lol:
We will help them b/c India is supporting BLA and they did support Mukti Bahini.

Proves that emotions were running high...

A Sikh killed Indira Gandhi also at the time a Sikh Giani Zial Singh was the President... He didn't step down or retire... He was the ex CM of PUnjab... a man with quite a lot of support don't you think..

and whom would Khalistanis try to influence and brainwash??? IG's bodyguard...

Dude her personal bodyguards whos were closest to her killed her!
It proves that many sikhs were supporting the Khalistan movement. Thousands were killed fighting u guys in the golden temple mate.

Muslims killed innocents in UK in suicide blasts proves that UK is ill-treating Muslims?? if yes then why don't Muslims ask for a seperate state? or go back to their homeland??

:what: U're getting it all wrong mate. Hindu Indians murdered raped, tortured & siezed property of 1000's of Sikhs. In response to indian oppression constant bias f4 example in education & employment & interferance in their religion they fought back making them freedom fighters. And sikhs as such have not murdered innocents exept some who were really carried away. U shud'nt destroy their houses 2 see less of that.

50000?? I don;t know the figures could be higher or lower but the main question is How many Sikhs were killed by fellow Sikhs??

Most Sikhs were killed by their fellow Sikhs (as part of the police force under KPS Gill).

If you didn't know : Sikhs generally are very close to HINdus(esp those related to them by caste or by region; Maharaja Ranjit Singh in fact built many Hindu temples and donated gold to many Hindu temples and had bequeathed Kohinoor to a Hindu temple) and marriages amongst Sikhs and Hindus is quite common so I don't think Sikhs would have liked to see Hindus killed by SIkh terrorists either...

Why wud fellow sikhs kill sikhs in a hindu sikh riot???? KPS Gill is seen by many sikhs a person who is a traitor to the sikh cause. Why is that? Because he was in the indian army killing sikhs while he shud have been fighting f4 freedom

Yes, next u're going to say muslims & hindus r the same ignoring issues like Kashmir gujrat riots, muslims being the poorest & most illiterate group in India, the constant riots & favoring of hindu fanatics & murderers by the police & government.

According to the true sikhs the marriages with hindus r eating up the sikh religion. They say that they will be in the museum if Khalistan is n8 created soon because hindus kidnap their girls & marry the helpless women... some women run away with hindus... What do u say about that? ;)

Same Line of argument could be used by an Indian for Seperatist movements in Pak..

BTW: Benazir Bhutto admitted support,...

How cud the same line of argument be used? Put it into action... lets see u try it. ;) I am sure u won't be able to find any single link with urself & the outfits we r fighting against.

We gained freedom n8 u? We were fighting against indian oppression & mistreatment & to safeguard our religion & not be slaughtered by u indians all the time as the sikhs r today. They have finally realized that they have no future in India. Furthermore its sad that there r 146 million muslims in india & u r treating them like animals.

Well i guess u're just jealous that theres so much in common about our cause & we see the cause of Khalistan as a noble one indeed.

so?? there are many Muslim terrorists organisations are all Muslims suicide bombers???

It talks volumes about the support they get! The murder of indira by her personal guards also speaks volumes. Use youtube or google & u'll notice how many thousands of sikhs there r supporting the Khalistan cause!!! Only thing is u're lucky that those who were persecuted in 1984 escaped outside or their children would be fighting against indian mistreatment oppression & murder of their forefathers in 1984.

What?? Sikhs are in a majority of Punjab and Sikhs I don't think so will not retaliate if they are murdered in a state at least in which they are in a majority? These are the guys well known for Battle of Saragarhi and other equally famous Battles...

I mean they follow a martial religion... people in India treat them as an epitome of bravery and courage... they are in large numbers in the Indian Army.. the Sikh regiment is the most highly decorated regiment of the Indian Army...they made up huge numbers even during the independence struggle etc..

I fell you have just insulted the bravery and martial prowess of 20million odd Sikhs...

Insulted them. They were brutally suppressed! When hindu mobs attacked sikhs after indiras murder then it was perfectly okay & the police did nothing b8 stood as expectators (obviously on orders f4m government b8 u will keep saying indian govt is secular cauz its ur nature) b8 whenever sikhs rose up against hindu tyranny & murder of their fellow sikhs they were violently suppressed. Even during riots sikhs tried to protect themselves but they were repressed. U c ur beautiful secular government let sikhs be slaughtered mercilessly & did nothing.

Every police station had strength of about 100 men and 50-60 weapons. Yet, no action was taken against miscreants in most places. The few places where the local police station took prompt measures against mobs, hardly any killings took place there. Farsh Bazar and Karol Bagh are two such examples. But in other localities, the priority of the police, as it emerges from the statement of the then police commissioner S.C. Tandon before the Nanavati Commission, was to take action against Sikhs who dared to offer resistance. All the Sikhs who fired in self-defence were disarmed by the police and even arrested on trumped up charges.

So the excerpt above proves Sikhs had the will to resist indian oppression and misrule even then but they were brutally murdered. A sikh leader is really famous f4 standing against indian rioters & chasing them away... then the police camse and disarmed him. Later hindus came and killed him. He is known as a hero by the true sikhs or the Khalistani sikhs. I am glad that minorities r realizeing the truth. It is because of our stupid forefathers who stayed back f4 their jaidad we had to suffer constantly. Sikhs need a land to call their own as muslims gained one in 47.

In the resettlement colonies, the police came out from their passive role and directly participated in the violence against the Sikhs. We were told by survivors that at the first signs of tension those who felt threatended personally went to the nearby police stations to seek their intervension. But the police did not respond. In Trilokpuri, the police reportedly accompanied the arsonists and provided them with diesel from their jeeps. The Station Hours Officer (SHO) of Kalyanpuri police station under which Trilokpuri falls, withdrew the constables who were on duty there when action against the SHO and his two colleagues by suspending and arresting them for a criminal negligence of duties. In Sultanpuri, the SHO, one Bhatti, is alleged to have killed two Sikhs and helped the mob in disarming those Sikhs who tried to resist the mob.

Several residents of Loni Road in the trans-Jamuna area, who were camping at Shakarpur when we interviewed them on November 7, told us that the police announced on loudspeakers two or three times at night on November 1 that they would not be responsible for the safety of the Sikhs and that the latter must look after themselves. One women from the same area said she had seen a police jeep full of men and that the stoning of Sikh shops was conducted from the jeep. Another resident from the same road said that the police had incited the looting of a watch shop before it was burnt.

In Kotla Mubarkpur, a domestic worker told our team members that the police had encouraged the looting. Later they were reported to have said to the looters; " We gave you 36 hours. Had we given the Sikhs that amount of time, they would have killed every Hindu"/

Men at the top in the administration and the ruling party displayed repeatedly a curious lack of concern often bordering on deliberate negligence of duty and responsibility throughout the period of October 31 to November 4. From our talks with various Opposition Party leaders and prominent citizens we found that many among them had got in touch with senior Ministers as well as people in the Delhi Administration on October 31 itself, warning of impending troubles following the announcement of Mrs. Gandhi's assasination.

Who are the Guilty ? PUDR-PUCL report of 1984

So what do u say now? And please don't display common indian nature here as well and try to deny cauz this is from indian human rights organization. PUDR (People's Union For Democratic Rights) and PUCL (People's Union For Civil Liberties).

Temme something? How many more people do u guys plan to kill? I mean atleast give me a number & tell me when & where u're going to strike atleast so that we can get our relatives out of there before u guys go f4 it...

I feel sorry for you ... it is not the onus of the people to be unbiased... if you feel you are discriminated against go to the courts simple and those discriminating against you will be punished..

I am not saying Indians are not racist... but the courts and constitution are not racist otherwise in international rankings and otherwise they would not be hailed as such...

I cannot say for sure.. I have not lived in either city nor met you....
Probably you were the unlucky one.. or probably because you had a pessimistic attitude.. judging about your vision of India both are true..

Yes the way u feel sorry for kashmir, gujrat voilence victems, sikhs killed in 84, dalits being marginalized... i'm sorry we don't require ur sympathy. We r happy here as we r accepted & treated well. Furhtermore i have more power & control here than i wud ever get in a so called secular democracy.

True i'm sure it must be my attitude b8 not the attitude of police and government towards minorities. Well in any case I am glad that many muslims r realizing the truth today and are leaving India. Our forefathers made a mistake thinking only about their wealth & property b8 thats okay & we will correct it. I can't think of myself as anything but a Pakistani now so please continue. I cannot change ur mindset u c. Theres a reason that there r few indian muslims who come & defend india & its name. PD is an example b8 anyway...

I dunno what u're talking about cauz i dun see the courts giving justice f4 the gujrat riots, thousands murdered in kashmir or 84 riots etc. List will be huge so... anyway most ppl r locked up bf4 they hire a lawyer or go to court when they go 2 file a report so

excuse me.. Many Muslims killed and raped Hindus during Muslim rule.. so??
BTW Sikhs were killed by Congress party workers (seculars) not BJP or RSS...

in fact if I am not wrong this was the time that BJP got support amongst the Sikhs...

In darkness you feel a rope lying on the floor is a snake.. to you that is a truth..

in any case what I believe there is nothing absolutely true or absolutely false.. what you feel is representation of facts as presented to you or what you have seen ..

What words thou speaketh... they amazeth me... maketh me smile, maketh me laugh, maketh me shiver like the nights breeze...

U knw what it dus'nt feel like Von shakespeare is'nt here.... did salim leave the site? I really enjoyed his posts...:D

I wonder why same Tytler is a member of parliament from Delhi??
Delhi where Sikhs make up a good percentage of voters and also candidates(standing from Congress Tickets)

There aren't a huge percentage of sikhs in delhi if thats what u're trying to tell me mate:

is the religion of 82% of Delhi's population. There are also large communities of Muslims (11.7%), Sikhs (4.0%), Jains (1.1%) and Christians (0.9%) in the city [68]. Other minorities include Parsis, Anglo-Indians, Buddhists and Jews.[69]

Now sikhs r only 4% of the population in delhi. Damn u're funny...

Cases are going on... and yes local Police and local govt were all involved in the murder unquestionably... but such things are not uncommon the world over...

Further, if you see the demographics of those Sikhs killed they were usually from lower castes and living in poorer sections of the city... Call it hypocrisy on the part of Sikhs are not but Sikhs still vote for Congress, Tytler etc..

Obviously since they were poor that justifies them being killed rather than an educated sikh. Brilliant comment!

Dude how can u say an entire community votes f4 1n group? But yeah they have little choice anyway considering the fact that BJP is hardline hindu organization responsible for genocide as well.

true Sikhs?? Where can I find true Sikhs??
acc. to Suicide Bombers Most Pakistanis are not true Muslims....

It wud be any sikh who has feeling f4 his or her sikh brothers. I am not talking about a terrorist or a killer b8 a sikh who understands the injustice done to his brothers & feels the pain they feel. A sikh who cannot let the sacrifice of those thousands of fellow sikhs who were killed due to indian bias & discrimination go in vain and will work f4 a better future f4 his community so that n8 a single sikh will be treated unfairly because of his or her faith again. Thats according to my sikh freind... who is a true sikh. ;)

A profile of a true sikh & a defender:
YouTube - AkaalSoldier84's Channel

why?? if a majority of Sikhs were guilty and committing heinous crimes and then a friend of Sikh religion could only do what he did...

50000 sikhs were'nt all "criminals" as u call them. Less than 3000 were actually freedom fighters killed f4 the creation of khalistan. Possibly even only a thousand. Jarnail singh bhinranwala was arrested, bullied & harressed constantly by Indira.

When he realized that the very religion he followed was under attack he started vouching f4 independence. U shud knw he spent his early life as a very peaceful indian b8 obviously sumwhere along the line indian bias got in the way and he was arrested & ur ancestors tried to frame him f4 murder because they could'nt have a Sikh religious leader with too much influence.

Also there were many innocents who were mercilessly slaughtered in the siege.

Punjabtrauma.org to see how Hindus and Sikhs suffered at the hands of Sikh terrorists..

In fact KPS Gill and Beant Singh are today Hailed as icons of

Ya ya whatever. They made a joke of the entire sikh community. If he had thought about sikhs thousands would'nt have been killed. He is een as an enemy of Sikhs by many. No sikh approves of the 84 murder rape & loot. Even the pro-indian ones think of it as "forget what happened in the past and move on"

Fair enough.. Secular means govt, courts and constitution are secular(either they are sympathetic to all or unsympathetic to all) not the people..

U indians have no idea what secularism is & u always throw in something wierd. The proper most simple way to define secularism is when all ethnic, cultural, political, religious groups r treated equally regardless of their religion culture etc. In India this is in no way true. Having a sikh prime minister & muslim president to show the world a fake picture of India won't make it so either.

as an ultra-patriotic Pakistani would I honestly expect you to say something else.. but if this is the case why do Muslim countries have realtions with India... Why don't Muslims seek Asylum abroad??
I think your views are expected...

What muslim country has relations with u exept bangladesh... u hav no defence ties with bangladesh exept sum small scale 1ns. My bengali freinds & cousins c themselves as closer to Pakistan rather than india despite the fact that it was indians who r the reason bangladesh was formed.

Only mutual relations u hav r with the Khar-zai govt spreading terrorism in Pakistan with ur help. Please continue killing as is ur nature. U can simply not hold back f4m it as u want to punish us getting the hell out of ur country and calling this our home. U will chase muslims no matter where they run f4m indian "secularism" so...

Sikhs that I have talked to don't... probably the Sikhs that you met do...

Talk to them more often & u might manage to notice. ;)

who is talking about literacy??
I think they are one of the most prosperous.... + many Sikhs work abroad and send money from abroad to their families..
I think the new Census will throw some interesting stats...

Yep in earlier times at the Hands of Muslims...

Kyaa baat ki hai mainey... temme sumthing

to be honest most crack the jokes on themselves.. they are a very fun loving people who have a terrific sense of humor and they like to get hammered too...

Yes i'm sure u'd love to hear some nice jokes about puja diwali or holi like the sikhs hav to hear about their customs of wearing a pagri & having hair on their face. Sometimes u ppl don't even leave there gurus alone.

OMG Canada.. you should have mentioned earlier.. I would have ignored your post buddy...

??????

Why might that be?

Hopefully they will do whatever is beneficial to them...

Well they should...;)

to be honest I don't know any Sikh in Pakistan.. I am sure Pakistani constitution provides for their well being and they enjoy equal rights like the Muslims...

Yes their population is 60000-200000 & r an extremely tiny minority. So if they had been in india u wud hav already killed of 5/6 of sikhism & the other wud be in jail considering the fact 50000 were killed & others r ******* in jail.

I wouldn't expect him to say I will slay Pakistanis and defect to India..

U wud'nt? Well considering the fact that ur BJP has been trying to divide them & making noise about our hindu brothers being in Pakistan i won't believe that u don't.

This is what our hindu brother thinks about u guys. Hope u feel as glad as u did bf4 reading it. ;)

Mr Ram Narayan a member of the Pakistani Hindu Welfare Association has also given a very harsh response to BJP.

"Indians have always tried to divide us. The current comments by the BJP leadership prove to be nothing less. It is actually the Indians wish to see minorities in Pakistan suffer but they are unaware of the fact that minorities here have every right to represent themselves or protect themselves if necessary. The positions we have currently are an example. Hindus here have every opportunity to move forward. The BJP government should pay attention to how minorities are being treated in India and should stop trying to divide us because we are proud to be Pakistanis"

I bet this is the best artictle i ever found!!!! A slap on the face of BJP... lolzZ

Sikhs of Pakistan then should carve Khalistan from Pakistani Punjab.. and let the Sikhs live there if they don't want them... and allow Sikhs from Canada to also settle there...

Dude the Pakistani sikhs r happy to call themselves Pakistanis and don't want Pakistani land to go to Khalistan but only Indian land because that is where Sikhs have actually been mistreated. Khalistan Zindabad!!!...
Khalistan is a must!

[
QUOTE=salman nedian;143196]I think we need to understand the difference between 2 situations “Operation Blue Star” was carried out against Sikh militants (means that there were voice for Khalistan which is an independence movement before operation). Lal Masjid operation was carried out against few militants who want Islamic law in the country. Then there was uproar against the “Operation Blue Star” in India and many Sikhs resigned from Indian army where as no such thing happened in Pakistan. Lal Masjid operation was not against a particular sect or followers of a religion where as “Operation Blue Star” was conducted against freedom fighters.

If Khalistan was the voice of the Sikh people, it would have gone on like the
Talibans in Pakistan!

The fact that it failed indicates foreign sponsorship and the weakness in the logic prompting the insurgency.

The carnage in Punjab of the Partition, where Moslems were butchered as Hindus and Sikhs were in Pakistan, should indicate the frenzy of the
Sikh when aroused. Nothing like that happened during the Khalistani movement.

So, quit day dreaming!

No one resigned from the Indian Army. So, don't bring in balderdash of which you have no clue.

Do good Hindus promote Divide?

What do you feel?

So you mean we are teaching Sikhs what to include in their map or what not? India supported Bangladesh did you give them Calcutta? Bangladesh still claims Calcutta.

Flawed logic!

Calcutta is in Bengal and there are a lot of non Moslems there. In fact, they are the majority. Is it your way in Pakistan where the majority is handed over to whosoever wants?

Who has said that Bangladeshis claim Calcutta? Let your perverted imagination not superimpose itself on the Bangladeshis. The fact that they could have their own country indicates that they are an intelligent lot and not prone to day dreaming as you are!

What you are teaching dissidents is your business. Good for you. It would not make a sausage of a difference here as it did not do when tried before!

However, the point to note, one is led to believe it is not Pak money but Saudi money that speaks!

Dude the Pakistani sikhs r happy to call themselves Pakistanis and don't want Pakistani land to go to Khalistan but only Indian land because that is where Sikhs have actually been mistreated. Khalistan Zindabad!!!...
Khalistan is a must!

Khali-Stan Zindabad Indeed (Atleast that's what Khushwant Singh calls it)

Dimension,

You need some rest.

You are fever crazed.

You are hallucinating!

Your post is too long and raving for dissection!

It is adequate to indicate that Sikhs are the Chief Minister of Punjab and it was a Sikh who took it on himself to prove that Sikhs are not the ones who are behind the problem.

If Khalistan was indeed an issue, then it would be like the Taliban in the NWFP and adjoining areas where the might of not only the Pakistan Army and the irregulars but also the might of the US has not been able to control!!

In the Punjab, it was more of Police than the Army!

Sardarji at the head of the Police.

an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.. :pakistan:

But at least when everyone is blind, everyone is equal - no need to be the only blind one and get trodden roughshod over...

Now I have already posted my opinion on the issue, and its not in favor of Pakistan supporting Khalistan or any such thing - but if India is indeed supporting the BLA etc. - all bets are off..

Back
Top Bottom