What's new

India PM warns of Sikh militancy

You are assuming too much. First of all, India's ties with Russia weren't established yesterday that they would snap in seconds. Why do you believe that India wouldn't be able to manage its ties with Russia vis-a-vis US? Since when did strong relations with US mean animosity with Russia? India has strong defence ties with Israel & equally strong diplomatic ties with Arab world. If we can manage the most complicated of the relationships why can't we manage Russia with US? OK!!! Let's for a second believe that India messes up its terms with Russia as you are hoping. I still don't see how it would benefit Pakistan? Do you believe Russia would support your cause when they themselves have islamic insurgency in Chechneya & Dagestan?

How about you give me a realistic detail rather than describing your flight of Pegasus?

When did I say that Russia will support our cause? And this is not our cause dear Sikhs want Khalistan, it’s their movement, their cause and their struggle in which if they require our assistance than they will be supported.

Pakistan can and will provide Technical support to Sikhs.US couldn’t do anything when we develop Nuclear bomb. I have said it before that in this case we will avoid any physical conflict with India directly and I don’t think so that it requires a massive and huge amount to provide technical assistance and if so than we will bear it.

Pakistan is not weak Bushodra! If you can continue your expansionist acts we can retaliate in a similar manner.What realistic detail you want? Pakistan’s annual economic growth rate is 6% and we are now defense equipment exporters. Pakistan is fulfilling the defense needs of Saudi Arabia, Iran, UEA, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh which means that we are seriously in business.

So once again you slip into your rabbit hole when faced with the tough reality. Anyway, I've heard such bombastic statements far too many times to be bothered.. 'Hey we are going to support them', 'We'll ignite insurgency here'... 'In sixty years we'll break India into sixty pieces'. It is evident to me now that you do not know how you plan to implement your wishlist and clearly, I donot have time to listen to your 14th August speech.

Thanks for caring Bushroda! But again it’s our problem you should waste your time thinking about that.

Salman,

For the sake of debate we've to allow all pros and cons to get to get better understanding, let Indians have their say as Khalistan is a matter of "Indian Souvereignity", both parties have equal geopilitical interests here.

If you wish me to stick to the point then just answer how is Pakistan going to support insurgencies in India when it itself is occupied with bucketloads of problem & every week articles emanating from western press of dissolution of Pakistan as a state?

Don't underestimate ISI, we both know that there are numerous 'sleeping' cells in India with access to even high ranking officers in Indian Defence Machinery.

Don't underestimate ISI, we both know that there are numerous 'sleeping' cells in India with access to even high ranking officers in Indian Defence Machinery.

Neo, nobody denies the presence of sleepers on either side although high ranking officials are not going to start an insurgency movement at the behest of ISI. They would merely provide details of defense secrets at the most. Anyway, for a successful insurgency movement against India, Pak would need massive international support, unlimited amount of funds to outmatch India is spending, keep its defense extremely tight so that India doesn't dare to tighten the screws on Pak to relieve pressure on itself. All that I asked was from where is it going to manage all these resources. After 9/11, there is zero tolerance left for armed revolutions anywhere in the world even less for any such struggle supported by an islamic nation. How is Pakistan going to overcome this obstacle & be able to convince US? How is Pak going to outmatch India in monetary funds? Low scale insurgency is absolutely useless against India. All that it would do is keep Indian forces on their toes & nothing more. But as I said before Indian media is not going to spare any oppurtunity & would definately make noice enough to get world attention to focus on Pakistan. How is Pakistan going to deal with that? Pakistan is a fast growing economy & the sanctions is the last thing it needs. Financial sanctions would dry up any industrial growth. Last time Pak was sanctioned in 98 it had to default on its balance of payment first time after '71.

How is Pakistan going to manage so many things together when currently it is neck deep into its own troubles?

Valid points mate but we're talking insurgency here not full scale war. ISI's Indian network and infrastructure is still intact in East Punjab and has support of sikh expats, activating the cells will require minimum effort and funds.

I agree on the zero tollerence and international support part but any counter insurgency will have to be linked to Indian involvement with BLA and other parts of Pakistan.

9/11 gave US the right to retalliate against the whole world and media proved to be a very strong weapon to manipulate global opinion, Pakistan lacks behind when it comes to media war and should become more agressive prior to launching insurgency. We're in the spotlights already, we can manipulate the situation to portray ourselves as victoms like India did in 2002 to gain international support for massive troops build up in J & K.

Valid points mate but we're talking insurgency here not full scale war. ISI's Indian network and infrastructure is still intact in East Punjab and has support of sikh expats, activating the cells will require minimum effort and funds.

I agree on the zero tollerence and international support part but any counter insurgency will have to be linked to Indian involvement with BLA and other parts of Pakistan.

9/11 gave US the right to retalliate against the whole world and media proved to be a very strong weapon to manipulate global opinion, Pakistan lacks behind when it comes to media war and should become more agressive prior to launching insurgency. We're in the spotlights already, we can manipulate the situation to portray ourselves as victoms like India did in 2002 to gain international support for massive troops build up in J & K.

Neo,

India and Punjab have undergone a seachange.

Money and making more money are the buzz words.

Sikhs are the most enterprising of all communities and they are seeing a boom!

Where there is affluence, insurgency only upsets the trends.

How many takers will there be in the Punjab?

Unfortunately, given the past history, it will be real difficult for Pakistan to convince.

Further, the world has changed. The US is now pro India and that is why there is no hue and cry over Kashmir on the international forums and even when it is raised, it is but a whimper. Compare it with the old days!

Support of Sikh expats means squat. Insurgency cannot be revived without the support of the local populace. Now, who is going to bring alive the dead horse? Is there any prominent khalistani leader who can mobilise sikh community in India? I have been in Britain/US & happened to meet several sikhs & nowhere did I find any resentment towards India. Many of them infact send their kids to boarding schools in Chandigarh, Delhi simply to keep them close their roots. So, I don't think ISI should expect any major support from sikh expats based in US/UK. I don't know about Canada since I havn't got a chance to be there. But still, sitting 10000 miles away all they can do is provide few canadian dollars but thats it. The amount of money wouldn't even be worth pennies compared to the resources India has access to. So, activating sleepers is no good use unless there is support from locals. All that they would do is detonate few bombs here & there & eventually the blame will fall on Pakistan.

But still, what would be the motive of supporting insurgency in the absence of enough strong funding? If the intention is simply to irritate India then I see it as a bad move. India wouldn't lose any chance to embaress Pakistan internationally. I don't see Pakistan being able to match upto India in media warfare. This could result in increased US pressure & embaressment for Pakistan.

During early 90s, Pakistan was mighty successful in its insurgency campaign in Kashmir even with less monetary resources. One of the prime reason was that ISI was successful in channeling Afghan Mujahideens into Kashmir & mobilising whole of Pakistan into standing in unison for Muslim brotherhood. Zakat was being collected at news stands & restaurants in major cities for the cause of Jehad in Kashmir. Pakistani Government didn't shy away from acknowledging its open support for Jehadis in Kashmir & harbouring hardcore terrorists like Hafeez Saeed & Maulana Masood Azhar. Yet after everything it couldn't get Indian army to move out of Kashmir. On the contrary Pakistan's own economic growth stagnated whereas India kept growing at 6.5% evry year. Isn't 90s referred to as lost decade in Pakistan? Now tell me, how a close, clandestine movement can break India? Even if Pakistan shows open support (though I seriously doubt it would) how is it going to get its people to fight for somebody else's cause.

India would carry out counter insurgency operations within its territory. So, I don't see how it could be linked to BLA.

Neo, to fight a media war you need money... simply as that.. everything comes down to that.. It would need massive PR excercise for Pak to change global media's perception of India. Without money it is absolutely not possible. And when it comes to spending Indian media has way more resources for its funds that Pak media does. There is every likeliness that Geo or Aaj might sell out & report against Pak. Such could be the irony. So, my question still stays. How is Pak going to spare all these funds when it is currently embroilled in a turmoil?

Yes that was a great strategy I really admire this and even today this strategy is being successfully used by the majority religion of India. Hats off to you Sir!

why hats off to me?
In fact many Sikhs incl. Mr. Khushwant Singh supported this move, some Sikhs were bringing their religion to disrespute and trying to divide their country, it was their onus to neutralise them.

In fact Golden Temple was in olden times also witness to a bloodbath b/w Rival Sikh factions in which many a brave Sikhs died...

What happened in LaL Masjid?? fundamentalist who had no idea were gunned down by their fellow co-religionists.

Quaid-e-Azam was in Indian National Congress and was a great advocate of Hindu-Muslim unity and united India where he realized the Hindu secularism.

I think INC was not a Hindu Party nor representative of Hindus. Even then Mr. Jinnah should have chastised those he felt were secular enough.

But I am sure you meant anti-Muslim.

Being insecular doesn't mean you are anti-Muslim or Hindu. Secular means you are detached from all religions or treat all religions equally. If you treat your religion higher than others yet at the same time you are civil and sensitive to people who follow other faiths does make you insecular but not a fanatic or anti-other religions...

You are also not secular if you support Muslim Ummah btw..

You have to keep some Muslims alive off course to show them to the world.

Btw a 1000 Muslim dead out of millions looks shocking qualitatively, quantitatively it doesn't make a difference..

200million Muslims alive is a bit too much.. and you have 50mn illegally living Bangladeshi Muslims...

India is not a developed country even then developed countries like
1. US till 60's they had segregated the blacks.. and still racism against Blacks, Hispanics, Arabs etc. is quite common
2. UK till 60's they had whites attacking Asians... and Muslims and others today are targets of Media and racial crimes
3. Russia still has Neo-Nazis who attack non-ultra fair skinned
4. China discriminates against Uighyurs, Tibetans and rural people etc..
5. Australia there are racial crimes against Chinese and Arabs..
6. All Muslim countries discriminate against Muslims and call for equality of Muslims in non-Muslim countries..

India is not a Utopia but see what these nations were and still are I think India is a great example of Unity, in spite of having a largely poor and uneducated population(which you would expect to be more mature in this regard)

I don’t think so that any one here thinks that Sikhs are pro-Pakistan or pro-Muslim.but still if they want freedom than we will help them.

why? as a good Muslim I would like to see you promote brotherhood rather than divide people.

They are not listening to us nor are we teaching them anything. Khalistan is purely their voice and if they want help from us then surely they will be supported.

I have much respect for Sikhs martial prowess. If they were well and truly oppressed they wouldn't be enlisting in the army, nor playing sports or acting in movies rather would have made themselves heard.

The fact that they are in the best state of India speaks of their dedication to development rather than seperatism.

Pakistani Punjab has nothing to do with Khalistan and to prove this I have given the link in my previous post in which the Khalistan map has been shown.

this map was apporved whence Pakistan said we will support you only when you ask for Indian Punjab and not Pakistani Punjab.

I would be surprised to see Sikhs not demanding at least Nankana Sahib the birthplace of their religion or Lahore the seat of their first and last empire..
It sounds fishy to me!!!

when khalistan movement first started it was because indian govt was diverting funds from punjab to other impoverished states and the sikhs felt persecuted. that is no longer going on. the sikhs are happy in punjab. if they set up a new nation, it'll be a real hassle for them, since they wont attract much investment, being a small country surrounded by the booming india on one side

also, the khalistan movemnet wasnt crushed by force, rather the sikhs realised they dont need another homeland and the khalistani rebels lost support.

What happened in LaL Masjid?? fundamentalist who had no idea were gunned down by their fellow co-religionists.

I think we need to understand the difference between 2 situations “Operation Blue Star” was carried out against Sikh militants (means that there were voice for Khalistan which is an independence movement before operation). Lal Masjid operation was carried out against few militants who want Islamic law in the country. Then there was uproar against the “Operation Blue Star” in India and many Sikhs resigned from Indian army where as no such thing happened in Pakistan. Lal Masjid operation was not against a particular sect or followers of a religion where as “Operation Blue Star” was conducted against freedom fighters.

why? as a good Muslim I would like to see you promote brotherhood rather than divide people.

Do good Hindus promote Divide?

this map was apporved whence Pakistan said we will support you only when you ask for Indian Punjab and not Pakistani Punjab.

I would be surprised to see Sikhs not demanding at least Nankana Sahib the birthplace of their religion or Lahore the seat of their first and last empire..
It sounds fishy to me!!!

So you mean we are teaching Sikhs what to include in their map or what not? India supported Bangladesh did you give them Calcutta? Bangladesh still claims Calcutta.

One reason why separatist movements arise are because the local people feel colonized.

This can be avoided by ensuring that locals understand the concept of a federation, of how India(or Pakistan) belongs to them as much as they belong to India (or Pakistan).

Sikhs have migrated to all the states in India. It is not unusual to find a restaurant/shop run by a sikh in far-off places like Meghalaya and Assam (far off for the sikhs of course, not the Assamese)

So they have benefitted from being a part of India tremendously.

I asked my sikh friend once: "Dude, how do Punjabis manage to live in Punjab with such bad climate?"
He said: "They don't. They live in Bangalore."

I think we need to understand the difference between 2 situations “Operation Blue Star” was carried out against Sikh militants (means that there were voice for Khalistan which is an independence movement before operation). Lal Masjid operation was carried out against few militants who want Islamic law in the country. Then there was uproar against the “Operation Blue Star” in India and many Sikhs resigned from Indian army where as no such thing happened in Pakistan. Lal Masjid operation was not against a particular sect or followers of a religion where as “Operation Blue Star” was conducted against freedom fighters..

Rite, rite. And all those articles about how Pakistan Army is loath to fight muslims, how the paramilitary is surrendering in record numbers, how people hate musharraf because he is attacking fellow-muslims, etc. etc. are just forgotten in an instant.

Do good Hindus promote Divide?

Of course. Divide and rule. Central to Hinduism. :lol:

So you mean we are teaching Sikhs what to include in their map or what not? India supported Bangladesh did you give them Calcutta? Bangladesh still claims Calcutta.

No, he means that no self-respecting sikh movement would ignore the birthplace of Guru Nanak, or the center of the Sikh Empire.

Dude it was a Sikh, a personal bodyguard to indira who actually killed her! Proves that many sikhs support Khalistan movement. A sikh so close to gandhi killed her is burning proof of it.

Proves that emotions were running high...

A Sikh killed Indira Gandhi also at the time a Sikh Giani Zial Singh was the President... He didn't step down or retire... He was the ex CM of PUnjab... a man with quite a lot of support don't you think..

and whom would Khalistanis try to influence and brainwash??? IG's bodyguard...

Muslims killed innocents in UK in suicide blasts proves that UK is ill-treating Muslims?? if yes then why don't Muslims ask for a seperate state? or go back to their homeland??

Yup! A true indian lover i am. Where is samudra? Samudra i luV U! :D

50000 SIKHS were killed in 1984 & about 80000 r in jail. Check sufferers witnesses records or any humanitarian organizations records

50000?? I don;t know the figures could be higher or lower but the main question is How many Sikhs were killed by fellow Sikhs??

Most Sikhs were killed by their fellow Sikhs (as part of the police force under KPS Gill).

If you didn't know : Sikhs generally are very close to HINdus(esp those related to them by caste or by region; Maharaja Ranjit Singh in fact built many Hindu temples and donated gold to many Hindu temples and had bequeathed Kohinoor to a Hindu temple) and marriages amongst Sikhs and Hindus is quite common so I don't think Sikhs would have liked to see Hindus killed by SIkh terrorists either...

We did'nt support them but I think we really should have cause you always blame us in the end anyway.

Same Line of argument could be used by an Indian for Seperatist movements in Pak..

BTW: Benazir Bhutto admitted support,...

There were enough sikhs supporting them. These r all sikh organizations listed as terrorists by india and guess what there r many more!
Khalistan Liberation Force
Khalistan Commando Force
Bhindranwala Tigers Force of Khalistan
Babbar Khalsa
Khalistan Zindabad Force
Khalistan Armed Force
Dashmesh Regiment
Shaheed Khalsa Force
Khalistan Liberation Army
Khalistan Liberation Front
Khalistan Liberation Organisation
Khalistan National Army
Kamagata Maru Dal of Khalistan
Khalistan Guerilla Force
Khalistan Security Force

so?? there are many Muslim terrorists organisations are all Muslims suicide bombers???

But hindus r murdering sikhs in this same punjab state

What?? Sikhs are in a majority of Punjab and Sikhs I don't think so will not retaliate if they are murdered in a state at least in which they are in a majority? These are the guys well known for Battle of Saragarhi and other equally famous Battles...

I mean they follow a martial religion... people in India treat them as an epitome of bravery and courage... they are in large numbers in the Indian Army.. the Sikh regiment is the most highly decorated regiment of the Indian Army...they made up huge numbers even during the independence struggle etc..

I fell you have just insulted the bravery and martial prowess of 20million odd Sikhs...

& indian bias exists in every field be it education employment or religion. I hav lived in lucknow & hyderabad so i knw.

I feel sorry for you ... it is not the onus of the people to be unbiased... if you feel you are discriminated against go to the courts simple and those discriminating against you will be punished..

I am not saying Indians are not racist... but the courts and constitution are not racist otherwise in international rankings and otherwise they would not be hailed as such...

I cannot say for sure.. I have not lived in either city nor met you....
Probably you were the unlucky one.. or probably because you had a pessimistic attitude.. judging about your vision of India both are true..

When ur mother sister brother or child dies in the street because of a hindu fanatic then u'll understand but right now u won't cauz u hav bhoot of india over u.

excuse me.. Many Muslims killed and raped Hindus during Muslim rule.. so??
BTW Sikhs were killed by Congress party workers (seculars) not BJP or RSS...

in fact if I am not wrong this was the time that BJP got support amongst the Sikhs...

Furthermore indians tend to get aggressive when a Pakistani speaks the truth so u can keep living in that indian dreamworld.

In darkness you feel a rope lying on the floor is a snake.. to you that is a truth..

in any case what I believe there is nothing absolutely true or absolutely false.. what you feel is representation of facts as presented to you or what you have seen ..

But i wonder why Tytler is still n8 punished & no arrests have been made.

I wonder why same Tytler is a member of parliament from Delhi??
Delhi where Sikhs make up a good percentage of voters and also candidates(standing from Congress Tickets)

It is clear govt & police supported the murder b8 lets deny reality f4 ur satisfaction shall we?

Cases are going on... and yes local Police and local govt were all involved in the murder unquestionably... but such things are not uncommon the world over...

Further, if you see the demographics of those Sikhs killed they were usually from lower castes and living in poorer sections of the city... Call it hypocrisy on the part of Sikhs are not but Sikhs still vote for Congress, Tytler etc..

Yes COAS was Sikh 2 at that time but according to the true Sikhs they weren't "good sikhs".

true Sikhs?? Where can I find true Sikhs??
acc. to Suicide Bombers Most Pakistanis are not true Muslims....

I second that cauz only an enemy of Sikh religion could slaughter 50000 sikhs & arrest 80000 many of them completely innocent.

why?? if a majority of Sikhs were guilty and committing heinous crimes and then a friend of Sikh religion could only do what he did...

Check out a few documentaries on utube & u'll know what traumatic experiances sum ppl went through.

Punjabtrauma.org to see how Hindus and Sikhs suffered at the hands of Sikh terrorists..

In fact KPS Gill and Beant Singh are today Hailed as icons of Sikhs

[qote]Ofcourse thats why the hundreds & thousands who come running f4m kashmir and other parts of india don't either. Ur actions speak out.[/quote]

I will reiterate my previous stand..

We know well what a great "secular democracy" u actually are.

Fair enough.. Secular means govt, courts and constitution are secular(either they are sympathetic to all or unsympathetic to all) not the people..

In 47 we escaped indian bias & oppression. We r free today and don't have to be slaves anymore & be mistreated just because of the faith we follow.[ We knw we made the right choice as proven by events such as babri masjid, gujrat genocide, slaughter of muslims in kashmir, constant riots between hindu & muslim where 80% victems r muslims. I have had bad experiances too & since my girlfreind tells me to say everthing i will. I used to be from afzalganj hydrabad & chowk area lucknow. I hav seen muslims getting slaughtered in riots in hyderabad & i knw well how well minorities r treated. Recently i have been more angry cauz indians being the murderers they are attacked my cousin. U will be answerable f4 what u people r doing.

as an ultra-patriotic Pakistani would I honestly expect you to say something else.. but if this is the case why do Muslim countries have realtions with India... Why don't Muslims seek Asylum abroad??
I think your views are expected...

Sikhs today want Khalistan for the same reason we wanted Pakistan and therefore we support them bcauz of their suffering...

Sikhs that I have talked to don't... probably the Sikhs that you met do...

R u okay? Where do u get ur information f4m?

from a source other than yours unquestionably..

Jains hav the highest literacy (94.1%) & r most prosperous then come the Parsis & Christians.

who is talking about literacy??
I think they are one of the most prosperous.... + many Sikhs work abroad and send money from abroad to their families..
I think the new Census will throw some interesting stats...

Where r sikhs? Dude sikhs have suffered constantly.

Yep in earlier times at the Hands of Muslims...

How many cruel jokes do u tell about sikhs trying to prove they r dumb.

to be honest most crack the jokes on themselves.. they are a very fun loving people who have a terrific sense of humor and they like to get hammered too...

Only last time an indian was telling me about how a sikh sardar got himself killed begging and screaming in Punjab cauz he was "dumb" according to an indian hindus standards. Sikhs hav still n8 attained justice. N8 a single hindu arrested f4 the murder & rape of thousands. HRW says over 300000 lives were destroyed & 50000 killed.

that's a funny joke I shall tell that to my Sikh friends...

Please grow up! Almost each sikh i hav met here in canada hates u indians.

OMG Canada.. you should have mentioned earlier.. I would have ignored your post buddy...

Yes but many more ppl r dead. Govt & police stood by while they were being slaughtered. Hopefully munaf patel, irfan & yusuf pathan and all will understand that their turn is about to come soon & they have no place in india. ;)

Hopefully they will do whatever is beneficial to them...

Ya, when u'd lose a few ppl then u'd realize as well...

whoever is born is bound to die...

Sikhs in Pakistan r extremely proud to call themselves pakistanis & haven't been mistreated constantly like in india. Did u ever hear of 50000 sikhs being slaughtered mercilessly in Pakistan? No. Because its India that is systematically killing of minorities n8 Pakistan.

to be honest I don't know any Sikh in Pakistan.. I am sure Pakistani constitution provides for their well being and they enjoy equal rights like the Muslims...

This is what our brother harcharan singh our first sikh officer said:
“It is my great ambition to be a martyr while defending the mother-land”.

I wouldn't expect him to say I will slay Pakistanis and defect to India..

Sikhs of Pakistan r gr8 supporters of this movement cauz they understand the pain that thousands of mothers went thru in 1984 & see it as the only justice f4 those thousands killed.

Sikhs of Pakistan then should carve Khalistan from Pakistani Punjab.. and let the Sikhs live there if they don't want them... and allow Sikhs from Canada to also settle there...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we need to understand the difference between 2 situations “Operation Blue Star” was carried out against Sikh militants (means that there were voice for Khalistan which is an independence movement before operation).

Operation Blue Star was against Bhindranwale and his cronies who were earlier nurtured by the Congress to gain Sikh votes against Akali Dal and later the power got to him started demanding Khalistan and committing atrocities against people opposed to him irresp of religion...

something similar to Bin Laden story...

He was a cannibalistic wild animal who couldn't be tamed and turned on its own master and people..

Lal Masjid operation was carried out against few militants who want Islamic law in the country.

Operation Blue Star was carrier out against few militants who wanted a Sikh goverened country in India..

Then there was uproar against the “Operation Blue Star” in India and many Sikhs resigned from Indian army where as no such thing happened in Pakistan.

many sikhs resigned??? some could have rather must have .. many could haev protested and revolted but nothing seriously affecting the statistics of Sikhs in the army... esp seen by the number of senior sikh army officers.. and the fact that there are 2 regiments of Sikhs ....

Lal Masjid operation was not against a particular sect or followers of a religion where as “Operation Blue Star” was conducted against freedom fighters.

if you can call terrorists operating in India to be freedom fighters.. why are those operating in Pak terrorists??

rest Stealth answered for me...

Back
Top Bottom