What's new

India plans to procure 22 AH-64D Block III Apache Helicopters

You Indians really believe in buying off the shelf compared to attempting to make your own, don't you? Just out of curiosity, I have been noticing that most of your threads in this section are always related to acquiring foreign made systems.

Even Brazil the second emerging country apart from Russia and China besides you in the B.R.I.C. has a strong and emerging indigenous industry. Your indigenous defence scientific base really needs to pick up if you really want to be considered a significant global influence. The Chinese are far ahead in terms of producing indigenous defence goods compared to your country.

I think u r too much knowledgeble person..
can u please tell is brazil making
4.5th gen aircraft,
Attack heli,
jet Engine..
Nuke submarine,
aircraft carrier
Satellite
Satellite launch vehicle
spy satellites

If u provide some sources that brazil has made all those above mention by me then i will accept ur post is 100% right..
If u can't u r just another troll..

So start searching for the sources

heard of LCH ???

apache is in different league...

we first have to learn A ... to go to Z ...

India is making good decision buying Apache... it will be great help in foothills on Himalayas and Border with Pakistan ...
Certainly. But can you tell me how many indigenous systems have you inducted so far in your main forces? Number of domestic made aircraft, number of domestic made helicopters, number of domestic made battle tanks and ships in significant quantities?

I believe so far only a token amount of any of them have been inducted. Do not mistake me for being sarcastic because I am simply intending to say that you cannot be a world power if your indigenous industry of weapons and defence goods is not fast and strong enough.

That is all.

Certainly. But can you tell me how many indigenous systems have you inducted so far in your main forces? Number of domestic made aircraft, number of domestic made helicopters, number of domestic made battle tanks and ships in significant quantities?

I believe so far only a token amount of any of them have been inducted. Do not mistake me for being sarcastic because I am simply intending to say that you cannot be a world power if your indigenous industry of weapons and defence goods is not fast and strong enough.

That is all.
money was poured in indigenous project after 2000 + before that projects like LCA , Arjun were getting pea nuts ... so as you hav heard these systems have got orders from Military right now... they are in process to induct them and Indian Navy is getting plenty of indian designed and made ships... you will see them in numbers around 2015+

I think u r too much knowledgeble person..
can u please tell is brazil making
4.5th gen aircraft,
Attack heli,
jet Engine..
Nuke submarine,
aircraft carrier
Satellite
Satellite launch vehicle
spy satellites

If u provide some sources that brazil has made all those above mention by me then i will accept ur post is 100% right..
If u can't u r just another troll..

So start searching for the sources
I thank you for your compliment but I do not know anything compared to the amount of knowledge this world has to offer. Brazil does not want to take your status next to China, Russia and United States as a world military power. It is satisfied with its dominance of South America.

Also since you did not know, Brazilian aviation industry is currently the world's 3rd largest behind United States and Europe. Though largely focused on civil aviation, having a strong industrial base means they could enter into producing military aircraft anytime they wished it necessary. This is where they have an advantage over you since a strong indigenous aeronautical industry can make them design combat aircraft whenever they intend to get involved in or seriously consider one.

Brazil has engaged in joint ventures with Italy before as the Brazilian variant of A1-AMX aircraft has some considerable Brazilian inputs. They also manufacture trainer aircraft as well as airborne warning aircraft as well. Right now they are themselves manufacturing their own transport aircraft

You should not feel indignant on my comment and instead your government should simply expedite the local overall defence industry.

That is all.

Dude all Indigenous projects are getting good backing by govt from 2004 onwards..
It take time to develop AC Nuke submarine(Arihant-on sea trial)
LCH the project was started after dhruv in 2008..in just 1 year they rolled out the prototype ..

I thank you for your compliment but I do not know anything compared to the amount of knowledge this world has to offer. Brazil does not want to take your status next to China, Russia and United States as a world military power. It is satisfied with its dominance of South America.

Also since you did not know, Brazilian aviation industry is currently the world's 3rd largest behind United States and Europe. Though largely focused on civil aviation, having a strong industrial base means they could enter into producing military aircraft anytime they wished it necessary. This is where they have an advantage over you since a strong indigenous aeronautical industry can make them design combat aircraft whenever they intend to get involved in or seriously consider one.

Brazil has engaged in joint ventures with Italy before as the Brazilian variant of A1-AMX aircraft has some considerable Brazilian inputs. They also manufacture trainer aircraft as well as airborne warning aircraft as well. Right now they are themselves manufacturing their own transport aircraft

You should not feel indignant on my comment and instead your government should simply expedite the local overall defence industry.

u have got points..
The thing is Our Fcked up govt..
They didn't support Indigenous products..
EVEN NOW HAL IS THE ONLY AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURER IN INDIA..

Our PM Manmohan singh is timid person

He is not aggressive and is very slow..
There are no private players in aviation in india..

u have got points..
The thing is Our Fcked up govt..
They didn't support Indigenous products..
EVEN NOW HAL IS THE ONLY AIRCRAFT MANUFACTURER IN INDIA..

Our PM Manmohan singh is timid person

He is not aggressive and is very slow..
There are no private players in aviation in india..
the GOI should encourage our big private players to set up second line of military aircraft industry besides HAL... or they can work on existing lines to expand them ... these state backed private players with thr own financial backing after gaining experience can invite boeing, airbus or even brazilian companies for consultation and JVs ... this will be pretty fruitful when ever growing Aviation Market in india will turn to indian players/// lets hope Govt. reforms more on these sectors ...

If TATA,mahindra,Reliance,aditya birla. and other big private companies enter into aviation..
It would be a revolution in aviation sector of india

especially for @ Parashuram1
Brazilian aviation industry is currently the world's 3rd largest behind United States and Europe.
Do you know we are the best in Information Technology ??/ Our chemical industries are also at par with rest of the world. Our Space technology is also very good even countries like Israel and Italy and Russia are now using Indian services in Space technology. Our private sector was allowed too late in the defense sector.

Dude it is our problem and we know we are far behind US, China, Russia. Growing our Defense sector and increasing defense purchase only meant for our protection not for replacing China as super power.

No you are right. But your statements are still wrong

Brazil has engaged in joint ventures with Italy before as the Brazilian variant of A1-AMX aircraft has some considerable Brazilian inputs.
Do you know we already developed our indigenously developed nuclear submarine(only US, Russia, France, the UK and China has this technology), stealth frigates, fighter jet, Hal's Dhruv helicopter, Brahmos (worlds only supersonic missile JV between India-Russia), our indegenously developed nuclear missile arsenal and ballistic missile arsenal, Aircraft Carrier which is on the verge of completion.

I hope you are now happy.

Oh sorry i forgot India recently tested SLBM technology and only US, Russian, FRance, UK and China has this technology.

Oh my god, i totally forgot this....India is the only country after US and Russia to have its own Missile Defence shield.

I think India has proved itself in some of the most difficult field like nuke submarine, BMD shield, Aircraft Carrier, Ballistic Missile

When even world powers agree to this, then why you have the problem(I think you must have heard last years news in which all permanent members of UNSC came to India and voted for its permanent seat in UNSC)

But I agree with you that India still needs to do more work to prove itself. And i think the deals like joint development of FGFA with Russia would help us learn alot and even we have learnt alot from Su30 mki deal and hopefully we learn alot from MMRCA (because of TOT in both cases) and hope that we could develop our own 5th gen(AMCA) and UCAV AURA.

I know AMCA and UCAV AURA is way ahead and thats why i do't wanna brag about what we have not developed yet. But you have to agree we are progressing in the right direction.

Defense spending now RnD is now good in India and the condition will hopefully improve. As per the collaboration is concerned now almost every defense major has a tie with 2 or 3 indian companies.

Also...
Indian Air Force - With strength of approximately 170,000 personnel and 1,300 aircraft, the Indian Air Force is the world's fourth largest air force after the United States Air Force, Russian Air Force and China's People's Liberation Army Air Force.

It currently has approximately 56,000 personnel on active duty, including 5,000 members of the naval aviation branch, 1,200 marine commandos[1] and 1,000 Sagar Prahari Bal soldiers,[2] making it the world's fifth largest navy in terms of personnel.[1] The Indian Navy currently operates around 170 vessels, including the aircraft carrier INS Viraat, along with operational jet fighters

With about 1,100,000 soldiers in active service and about 960,000 reserve troops, the Indian Army is the world's second-largest standing army

Dude we are responsible for defeating Pak in 1971 war lasting just 13 days it is considered one of the shortest wars in history and one of the biggest surrender by any army in the modern world.

In the end just to summarize we have the right to call ourselves global power but we never called us world power instead the global power recognized us as global power.

Last edited:
:rofl: hahahaha,

It is said in modern conflicts in order to defeat your enemy you need either overwhelming numerical superiority OR an overwhelming technological advantage. So it must cause Pakistan to feel VERY vulnerable and insecure as they have neither over India. It may even cause them to unleash vicouse and uncalled for rants at their popular neighbour. (maybe even ridiculous conspiracy theories ;)

The only reason India objected to Pakistan receiving F-16s was that these were bought with GIFTED funds from the US to be used to combat terrorists on their side of the Pak-Af border. So India had every right to question why Pakistan needed mult-million, supersonic, 4th gen fighter jets to combat men living in caves fighting with bombs costing less than $10. Whereas INDIA on the other hand can buy WHATEVER they want (excluding some of the most advanced weaponry that is not available to anyone) with their OWN, hard earned cash.

Pakistan is is a NESSERCARY EVIL the US has to put up with to stop Pakistan from funding terrorism against the rest of the world. However India is a country the world wants to do business with, for their own returns and for what they can gain from India. Perhaps this is best demonstrated by the unprecedented number of MAJOR world leaders that have visited India this year. And by the most illustrative example, President Obama completely missing out Pakistan on his Asian tour. It seems Pakistan is quickly running out of the benefit of doubt, whereas before attacks launched from Pakistan were written off, now the World is getting sick of Pakistan's double crossing:

Prime Minister of UK, David Cameron on trip to India in July 2010:

President Sarkozy in India in November 2010 said:

THOSE MEN LIVING IN CAVE F*** UR AND NATO FORCES SINCE LAST 10 YEARS (AND YOU HAVE SUPER DUPER TECHNOLOGY)

*** NOW TAKE IT ...

You Indians really believe in buying off the shelf compared to attempting to make your own, don't you? Just out of curiosity, I have been noticing that most of your threads in this section are always related to acquiring foreign made systems.

Even Brazil the second emerging country apart from Russia and China besides you in the B.R.I.C. has a strong and emerging indigenous industry. Your indigenous defence scientific base really needs to pick up if you really want to be considered a significant global influence. The Chinese are far ahead in terms of producing indigenous defence goods compared to your country.

cut the crap dude... You comparing us with Brazil?... Brazil was not in a situation like India.. is it any where close to threatening neighbours?... when was the Last time it went to war??.. when it got independence?? how much natural resource it has got??.. Compare that with us.. we have done a lot of achievement in last 60+ years from zero to here.. we dont have time to equip with indigenous items... because of dangerous neighbor hood..

Secondly you dont have any clue with economics.. is it viable to create a industry for this 22 attack copters??

I can list some more facts.. but you are against India.. so i dont feel adding more points

especially for @ Parashuram1

Do you know we are the best in Information Technology ??/ Our chemical industries are also at par with rest of the world. Our Space technology is also very good even countries like Israel and Italy and Russia are now using Indian services in Space technology. Our private sector was allowed too late in the defense sector.

Dude it is our problem and we know we are far behind US, China, Russia. Growing our Defense sector and increasing defense purchase only meant for our protection not for replacing China as super power.

No you are right. But your statements are still wrong

Do you know we already developed our indigenously developed nuclear submarine(only US, Russia, France, the UK and China has this technology), stealth frigates, fighter jet, Hal's Dhruv helicopter, Brahmos (worlds only supersonic missile JV between India-Russia), our indegenously developed nuclear missile arsenal and ballistic missile arsenal, Aircraft Carrier which is on the verge of completion.

I hope you are now happy.

Oh sorry i forgot India recently tested SLBM technology and only US, Russian, FRance, UK and China has this technology.

Oh my god, i totally forgot this....India is the only country after US and Russia to have its own Missile Defence shield.

I think India has proved itself in some of the most difficult field like nuke submarine, BMD shield, Aircraft Carrier, Ballistic Missile

When even world powers agree to this, then why you have the problem(I think you must have heard last years news in which all permanent members of UNSC came to India and voted for its permanent seat in UNSC)

But I agree with you that India still needs to do more work to prove itself. And i think the deals like joint development of FGFA with Russia would help us learn alot and even we have learnt alot from Su30 mki deal and hopefully we learn alot from MMRCA (because of TOT in both cases) and hope that we could develop our own 5th gen(AMCA) and UCAV AURA.

I know AMCA and UCAV AURA is way ahead and thats why i do't wanna brag about what we have not developed yet. But you have to agree we are progressing in the right direction.

Defense spending now RnD is now good in India and the condition will hopefully improve. As per the collaboration is concerned now almost every defense major has a tie with 2 or 3 indian companies.

Also...
Indian Air Force - With strength of approximately 170,000 personnel and 1,300 aircraft, the Indian Air Force is the world's fourth largest air force after the United States Air Force, Russian Air Force and China's People's Liberation Army Air Force.

It currently has approximately 56,000 personnel on active duty, including 5,000 members of the naval aviation branch, 1,200 marine commandos[1] and 1,000 Sagar Prahari Bal soldiers,[2] making it the world's fifth largest navy in terms of personnel.[1] The Indian Navy currently operates around 170 vessels, including the aircraft carrier INS Viraat, along with operational jet fighters

With about 1,100,000 soldiers in active service and about 960,000 reserve troops, the Indian Army is the world's second-largest standing army

Dude we are responsible for defeating Pak in 1971 war lasting just 13 days it is considered one of the shortest wars in history and one of the biggest surrender by any army in the modern world.

In the end just to summarize we have the right to call ourselves global power but we never called us world power instead the global power recognized us as global power.

easy boy,no need to explain anyone here,btw parsuram seems like indian atleast by name.

I can list some more facts.. but you are against India.. so i dont feel adding more points

This was an unwanted statement..Parshuram is one of the most open minded Poster here.. He has stopped posting frequently here thats why you do not him..

:agree::agree::agree:

India is not at par with Brazil in aviation sector..They are much ahead of us..Their civil aviation industry is world class and an example for emerging countries like India ..They can make fighter jets also if they decide to..

P.S.- Dont mind irresponsible remarks of some indian posters..

We dont have choice..Our own defence industry is still not good enough to produce the needed items..Being in not so friendly neighborhood doesn't help either..So, either we can wait for DRDO to develop these and jeopardize our security or, import a few world class systems and try to develop our own ..
When our indigenous weapons will be at par with the demand of armed forces we will stop importing.. A fine example is LCH..

Back
Top Bottom