What's new

India plans to procure 22 AH-64D Block III Apache Helicopters

see this....

Yes i see it very well never mind the ones that out of place... he should addressed directly towards him doesn't give him the right to address towards all PAKISTANI's plzz read the words he wrote thx.:coffee:

Last edited:
TOPGUN said:
he should addressed directly towards him donen't give him the right to address towards all PAKISTANI's plzz read the words he wrote thx.

Sorry for the generalization. I've edited my post.

^^^.. yup definitely...and it is not for the first time we are buying through FMS route.anyone remember COLDSTART. Is this sale fits into this doctrine. Although it can fit in any war Doctrine

I think MMS had already made his mind with a favorable support from IAF and during Obama's visit conveyed the same. Thats why we are seeing so much details about the deal and its subsequent intimation by the US.

I think Boeing has alredy bagged this one and its only a formality now. The deal could be anounced during AeroIndia 2011.

Is that the best you got in your trolling practice ? :mod: grow up dude show some respect you are guest here so if india is buying these birds ans US is selling them so what... do you see any of us Pakistani making fun or crying about it seriously grow up is all i gota say and if you can't stop trolling then just get rolling on your way out of here stop the BS.:angry:

You are a guest here also....how come you fail to see the other poster poking fun first? Grow up indeed!

I think MMS had already made his mind with a favorable support from IAF and during Obama's visit conveyed the same. Thats why we are seeing so much details about the deal and its subsequent intimation by the US.

I think Boeing has alredy bagged this one and its only a formality now. The deal could be anounced during AeroIndia 2011.

Nothing like that. Actually when AH-64D Block III enters service with the USAF in 2010/2011, it is the most advanced multi role attack operational today. It has combination of long range, advanced sensors with missiles as well as full netcentric capabilities. We need such choppers for numerically superior forces also it will enhance IA/IAF's anti armor and low intensity warfare.

"The Apache Block III features open systems architecture and 26 advanced technology improvements, including level 4 unmanned aerial vehicle control for increased situational awareness. This helicopter configuration has already demonstrated the flexibility to rapidly integrate technology changes throughout its service life."

The systems India requested along with 22 AH-64D Block III are....

50 T700-GE-701D engines,
12 AN/APG-78 Fire Control Radars,
12 AN/APR-48A Radar Frequency Interferometers,
812 AGM-114L-3 HELLFIRE LONGBOW missiles,
542 AGM-114R-3 HELLFIRE II missiles,
245 STINGER Block I-92H missiles,
23 Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensors,
rockets,
training and dummy missiles,
30mm ammunition,
transponders,
simulators,
global positioning system/inertial navigation systems,
communication equipment,

as well as spare and repair parts; tools and test equipment, support equipment, repair and return support, personnel training and training equipment; publications and technical documentation, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services; and other related elements of logistics support etc.

With those missiles AH-64D block III will get lots of fire power. The combination of Longbow radar, AN/APR-48A Radar Frequency Interferometer Electronic Support target acquisition system, Arrowhead M-TADS/PNVS and AGM-114L-3 Hellfire Longbow missiles along with AGM-114R Hellfire II and Stinger 92H will be deadly.

AGM-114L-3 Hellfire Longbow is a millimeter wave radar guided missile while AGM-114R Hellfire II is a semi-active radar guided missile. Both as 8 km range. Stinger Block I-92H is an air-to-air missile.

Video (43.1 MB)

MFC_Arrowhead_photo3_h.jpg

AH-64D_Longbow_3_med.jpg

AH-64D_Longbow_1_med.jpg

Cockpit similar to AH-6i
innovation_s2.jpg

LONGBOW FCR and LONGBOW HELLFIRE Missile

LONGBOW
The LONGBOW system is built by a Joint Venture of Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman. U.S. Army testing shows integrated capabilities enhance the Apache lethality fourfold and survivability sevenfold. The mission equipment package is in production for the U.S. and several international customers. The Apache LONGBOW system is a proven force multiplier that has been battle-proven in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom. The LONGBOW Weapon System has been in full-rate production since 1996, with First Unit Equipped in 1998. Nearly 400 radars and more than 14,000 missiles have been contracted for the U.S. Army and international customers. For the Apache Block III upgrade, a new Radar Electronics Unit (REU) will replace two line-replaceable units. The REU will provide growth capabilities to the LONGBOW FCR and will reduce maintenance cost.

LONGBOW FCR
The LONGBOW FCR has a very low probability of intercept. It rapidly and automatically searches, detects, locates, classifies, and prioritizes multiple moving and stationary targets on land, water and in the air in all weather and battlefield conditions from standoff ranges. Target coordinates are automatically available to other sensors and weapons for target confirmation, rapid engagement, and reduced fratricide. Target data is digitally available through the data modem for real-time transfer to other platforms and command posts. The self-contained Radar Frequency Interferometer provides rapid and accurate identification and azimuth to enemy air defense units. High system reliability and two-level maintenance maximize operational availability and reduce support costs.

LONGBOW HELLFIRE Missile
The LONGBOW system employs fire-and-forget LONGBOW HELLFIRE AGM-114L missiles that can be launched from defilade, increasing battlefield survivability. The LONGBOW HELLFIRE missile locks on targets before or after launch and has been used in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.

The M299 Smart Launcher has a fully digital interface to the Apache helicopter and fires all types of HELLFIRE missile.

Video

MFC_Longbow_photo1_m.jpg

MFC_Longbow_photo2_m.jpg

Arrowhead M-TADS/PNVS

Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensor (M-TADS/PNVS) system

rrowhead is the advanced electro-optical fire control system that Apache helicopter pilots use for safe flight in day, night, or bad weather missions. It is the U.S. Army's Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensor (M-TADS/PNVS) system that is leading edge in its design. M-TADS/PNVS advanced technology improves system performance by over 150 percent. Reliability increases more than 150 percent while maintenance actions decrease approximately 60 percent. Streamlining field maintenance from three to two levels saves nearly $1 billion in operation and support costs over the 20-year life of the system.

M-TADS/PNVS modular architecture accommodates a field-retrofit from TADS/PNVS to the new configuration on the Apache AH-64D.

MFC_Arrowhead_photo1_m.jpg

AH-64D Apache Longbow Block III enhancements

PUB_AH-64D_Versions_lg.jpg

GOP should lobby to block the sale because the Apaches will pose a big threat to the land forces of Pakistan.

GOP should lobby to block the sale because the Apaches will pose a big threat to the land forces of Pakistan.

They can try but they really don't have a good reason to... apart from the fact that it poses a threat to your land forces as you say. But thats what it's supposed to do!

Now who is crying????/
Apart from that I think any move by GOP will be a smart one and a big achivement if it manages to do so. As of now GOI holds the card(big money big machines).

Back
Top Bottom