What's new

India-Pakistan war games, and Cold Start

Well, your countrymen are implying as if they are gonna over run Pakistan, as they are bringing in Kashmir, Lahore etc etc

65 war and 71 war on western fronts both were inconclusive, no one had a clear edge even though India was superior in numbers and economy.

And India is getting upgraded, no doubt, but so is Pakistan to keeping itself on the upgrade path, yeah we may not match Indian superiority, but we will make sure that India doesn't uses its superiority to its advantage.

u are taking it all wrong we are not saying that, like taking over lahore etc..

though Kashmir is tempting but no we are not saying we will run over or wanna do this o that.

We wanna peace and progress.

But we surely wanna take out the threat over our head forever no matter what it takes. Nuke is not the option.

u are taking it all wrong we are not saying that, like taking over lahore etc..

though Kashmir is tempting but no we are not saying we will run over or wanna do this o that.

We wanna peace and progress.

But we surely wanna take out the threat over our head forever no matter what it takes. Nuke is not the option.

lolzzz

Lahore has always been a dream of Indian
but let me asure you we will only give L of lahore in case you want to take it
I hope you get the massage:pdf:

No sir, I beg to differ. I dont think they will want the trouble of occupying land where population is hostile for too long. Bargaining chips for some strategic favours is a different matter, but holding a population and assuming responsibility for their development is very different. India has by and large never occupied any people that did not want to be willingly included. Otherwise India Pakistan would have turned out like China Taiwan, India would not have given back whatever land they occupied from 71 in west Pakistan, and Bangladesh would have been assimilated into India.

that is going too far, unless a very very favorable situation arises for India.

need i say more? KASHMIR is the biggest example and ofcourse it is ignored!

Look here i will tell ALL indians in one post! STOP OVER ESTIMATING YOURSELF!

trust me we will reciprocate and our response will be decisive! we will retaliate with all we got! we won't think politics or what the world thinks! hell with what the "WORLD THINKS" we don't care if they embargo us sanction us for centuries! we rather live in a 1000 years under embargo then a day under occupation!

this is the problem indians have they think pakistanis think the way indians want us to think! we clearly don't

you are thinking pakistan will sit back not attack! as for nuking Lahore or kashmir or anything!

listen for the integrity of Pakistan we will nuke ourselves if we have to inorder to:

SAFEGUARD THE GEOGRAPHIC & IDEOLOGICAL BOUNDARIES OF PAKISTAN"

now stop having your WET dreams! it will embarrass you when you wake up from your dream!

Cold start will ensure that by the time you think of reciprocating there will be nothing left to reciprocate with. In theory.

Cold start will ensure that by the time you think of reciprocating there will be nothing left to reciprocate with. In theory.

Make it practical, then talk buddy.

In theory an elephant can also fly, but practically proof has to be given.

please DON'T DESTROY US! don't send SUNNY DEOL or Rajnicunt to kill us! (HOPE YOU SEE THE SARCASIM) :cheesy::disagree:

Anyone of you had the opportunity to have a look at the benchmarking data collected from the Cold Start war games on the Indian side ?

How will you achieve that? Lets say hypothetically India captures Lahore. Can you nuke Lahore? What about the collateral damage? Will Pakistan be able to nuke her own people to stop India in her tracks? What if the blitzkreig revolves around moving from one population center to another (with IBG elements leapfrogging over each other, so that when they are in transit they do so in small convoys so as not to present a lollypop to a tactical nuclear weapon)? How will Pakistan handle that situation?

If all of PA is busy fortifying cites like they did in E Pakistan in 1971, then how will they fight a war with such a defensive mindset?

If by some quirk you do end up nuking Lahore, then there will be retaliation in kind from India, plus your own people will turn against you. How can you fight a war without public support? They are after all the ones that supply the soldiers , officers, airmen and sailors?

well this lahore thing is a valid point.
i was looking for a different answer. thought some clever indian will step fwd and say that with pak military backbone destroyed, india will not need to fight any more and will simply withdraw.
but no. no one made this point :cry:

now having given the answer to my own question lets get serious. indian cannot over run pakistan. nuclear weapons wont enter the war scenario so early unless india take a cheap shot and attack when we are busy on our western borders.

well this lahore thing is a valid point.

thought so too. :agree:
i was looking for a different answer. thought some clever indian will step fwd and say that with pak military backbone destroyed, india will not need to fight any more and will simply withdraw.
but no. no one made this point :cry:
the ones that would have jumped for that have already been suspended. :pdf:
now having given the answer to my own question lets get serious. indian cannot over run pakistan. nuclear weapons wont enter the war scenario so early unless india take a cheap shot and attack when we are busy on our western borders.
That is not the plan at all! It will be a low intensity war like Kargil, sufficiently small (Kargil was about occupying 130-200 km sq of enemy land, Pakistan did it on the quiet, India wants to do it with a lot of fanfare, but fact remains once properly entrenched the invaders are hard to evict) but planned at several points along the border simultaneously. Both sides will try and do a cold start on each other. And in my opinion city centers close to border will be very very vulnerable to being occupied by opposing army. If that is indeed the case then it will be a war of which of the two armies has better urban warfare tactics.

I am doubtful about the cheap shot. India will only respond to a provocation like Mumbai, or if there is enough political unrest within Pakistan to impact India. The former is likely, the latter much less so if lessons from Bangladesh have not been missed.

So then the irony of such a war may be that it is going to send two huge armies to war because of non-state/state/LeT/ISI/PA actors in Pakistan. That means the ball is in Pakistan's court as far as peace and stability of the sub continent is concerned. To hand the trigger to your adversary is in my view a failing of this approach.

Last edited:
please DON'T DESTROY US! don't send SUNNY DEOL or Rajnicunt to kill us! (HOPE YOU SEE THE SARCASIM) :cheesy::disagree:

Your "SARCASIM" fell flat since you cant spell Sarcasm or Rajnikant....:rofl:

This is one of those "FAIL" moments....Try harder next time buddy...:D

Cold Start might have been good in 1950 era.

Now World Power know things in real time.

The moment some strike formation will leave Indian garrison, all will know about it and cold may not be that cold.

As both rivals are nuclear power, the likelihood of war is minimal.

However, there may be a war of water as India is stealing Pakistan's Share and people of Pakistan are not going to let India do that.

Any special reason? So long as military imbalance is in India's favour it was good then and it is good now.

The moment some strike formation will leave Indian garrison, all will know about it and cold may not be that cold.
offensive elements are positioned on the border, that is their usual position & there is no mobilization. The world will know about it after the first few punches have been exchanged.

The idea of strike formations died when Op Parakram fizzled.

Kargil '99 scuffle
Mumbai '08 war drums sounded
However, there may be a war of water as India is stealing Pakistan's Share and people of Pakistan are not going to let India do that.
:what: ?

Last edited:

"people of Pakistan are not going to let India do"

do what?????

not allow us to provide water to Kashmiri Muslims???

As the Indus water is ONLY used by people of Kashmir not any other state of India.

At one hand you claims to be well wisher of kashmiri people on the other hand you don't want to give water to Kashmiri people.

Also, India is not stealing any water its going waste and unused from Pakistan to the Sea.

"people of Pakistan are not going to let India do"

do what?????

not allow us to provide water to Kashmiri Muslims???

As the Indus water is ONLY used by people of Kashmir not any other state of India.

At one hand you claims to be well wisher of kashmiri people on the other hand you don't want to give water to Kashmiri people.

Also, India is not stealing any water its going waste and unused from Pakistan to the Sea.

Not True Justin....

Water from the Indus irrigates the plains of Punjab, Haryana as well...
that is Indus and its tributaries.....

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom