What's new

India Pakistan Partition BBC Special Presentation

My best frnd is a punjabi rajput whose grand parents migrated frm indian punjab... accordin to his grandfather n my elders who saw the partition it was the sikh jathas (as they say) attacking refugees frm eastern punjab... girls jumped into wells to save their dignities,mothers killed their daughter in order to protect them... people died of disease.... sikh n hindu gangs attacked unarmed refugees... the first train tht arrived in Pakistan had only 1 survivor a baby... who was discovered in his dead mothers arms... the people sitting on top of the trains were sawed to death by sikhs n hindus who had fixed saws on tunnels... heaps of dead muslims could be seen in punjab,delhi etc... And similiar was happening in Kashmir where dogra forces were commiting the worst attrocities on muslims who protesting to join Pakistan... in an incident 250,000 muslims kashmiris were massacred by dogras...

But today they still thank GOD n Jinnah for FREEDOM N PARTITION!

Few days back i read a sign board which had a beautiful message...1 NATION - 1 DESTINATION! PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

We dnt want anything frm india or indians except our Kashmir n our kashmiri kins!

Partition was a blunder for all the sub-continent people, it was planned by British, articulate by British and done by locals.
If anyone of you have lived in Britain before 1947 then you seems to realized the plan was set up by British to divide the India and break it jaws on the religion and ethnic grounds. Atrocities had been done in all parts of India, that's true but it was planned as today in Iraq shia and sunni problems were fired up by Nato...
I dont believe neither india nor Pakistan got independence, they both divided according to the new world order of 1947.

partition was not a blunder; it was asked for by the people and it was realized

why are we harping on over some historical event now in 2011?

change the status quo, eradicate poverty and crush the corrupt and crush the feudal mindests...that should be where the energy goes

My best frnd is a punjabi rajput whose grand parents migrated frm indian punjab... accordin to his grandfather n my elders who saw the partition it was the sikh jathas (as they say) attacking refugees frm eastern punjab... girls jumped into wells to save their dignities,mothers killed their daughter in order to protect them... people died of disease.... sikh n hindu gangs attacked unarmed refugees... the first train tht arrived in Pakistan had only 1 survivor a baby... who was discovered in his dead mothers arms... the people sitting on top of the trains were sawed to death by sikhs n hindus who had fixed saws on tunnels... heaps of dead muslims could be seen in punjab,delhi etc... And similiar was happening in Kashmir where dogra forces were commiting the worst attrocities on muslims who protesting to join Pakistan... in an incident 250,000 muslims kashmiris were massacred by dogras...

But today they still thank GOD n Jinnah for FREEDOM N PARTITION!

Few days back i read a sign board which had a beautiful message...1 NATION - 1 DESTINATION! PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!

We dnt want anything frm india or indians except our Kashmir n our kashmiri kins!
ot

Don't troll. The atrocities during were not limited to one side of the border. Its a proven fact.
And moving on to your rant on Kashmir, please research about murders n rapes committed by you tribal "Mujahideen" in Kashmir.

If i'm not forgetting the first bloody fight was over language when Bangalis refused to accept one sole National language Urdu(It is funny nowadays that they feel happy & proud watching Indian hindi movies & speak that language), that proved they preferred language & culture more than religion.
No one care for what Pashtun leaders wanted, it is all about people & Pushtun people supported Pakistan.

I think Bangladesh has its own culture , language just like everyone else( punjabi, sidnhi, balaochi, pahstun, Kashmir etc) does so your saying that Bangladesh was culturally more close to india dont make sense because Indians don't have one culture . Culture of south indians is different than north indians etc. What is the differnce between awami leage and ANP? One got all votes of begali and others get all votes of Pashtuns i am sure if central government dont accept the rule of ANP In khyber then they will be going to do the same what Mujibur Rahman did :)

How many peoples can speak urdu in Tribal areas of Pakistan? I am sure you dont know but i know as i lived there and i felt that i am living in foreign land :P

if you are law-abiding, mentally sane person with no criminal/drug background --you are welcome to visit Lahore or anywhere else in Pakistan whenever you like. Lahore's a great city, every human being should visit Lahore at least once in their life.

regards

Thanks i would love to visit the birthplace of my grandfather and i know 99% of muslims welcome sikhs with open arms when they see us

i hail from tribal areas.....most people obviously speak their local dialects of Pashto but many people do understand Urdu. Every family in FATA will have relatives who work in Peshawar (where there are more people who speak or understand Urdu) or they have relative in Karachi or Lahore or other parts. Also, much of the news media is in Urdu language though of course there are local gazettes and other publications.

and it's obvious that ANP (a former ethno-centric party) is recognized by central govt. and they recognize central govt. as well...they are part of the governing coalition. And while we are on this subject --it's important to note that a secular mainstream party represents KP; none of the religious parties secured even a sizeable fraction of the 2008 vote. So it's a slap in the face to those who claim that it's a hotbed for extremism.

the only reason KP/FATA have presence of troublemakers in certain areas is purely due to geography and due to inefficient and weak police system especially in rural parts that are cut off.

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Thanks i would love to visit the birthplace of my grandfather and i know 99% of muslims welcome sikhs with open arms when they see us

good....so there are no problems then ;)

you are welcome anytime to enjoy Pakistani world famous hospitality

british did not ask you to butcher muslims or sikhs. why you blame british if we could not control our emotions and were blind in hate and revenge.

You got a fair point but I still think the british should have kept their troops in place it was their responsibility at the end of the day

Jinnah made a terrible mistake by making Urdu a national language, there is no need of that. Its a spark that spoils Pakistan creation and two nation theory...Jinnah can make all regional language as national language. I dont understand that he tried to make urdu a national language, because we all know that Bengalis are most nationalist and they will not accept that. It was one of the blunder that breaks Pakistan. I added one more thing Jinnah did not know to speak Urdu well...

and it's obvious that ANP (a former ethno-centric party) is recognized by central govt. and they recognize central govt. as well...they are part of the governing coalition.

I know abu and i never said that they are not recognised by central government but if central government dont recognise their vote bank the way they did to Awami leage in east pakistan then you will see the same outcome :)

Secondly in peshawar many peoples speak urdu because they learned it ether in schools or they have connections with peoples who speak urdu but in landi kotal i wa struggling to find someone who can speak urdu..they were very few there. I dont blame them because if you go rural areas of punjab then you will also find old peopels struggling in speaking urdu.

Jinnah made a terrible mistake by making Urdu a national language, there is no need of that. Its a spark that spoils Pakistan creation and two nation theory...Jinnah can make all regional language as national language. I dont understand that he tried to make urdu a national language, because we all know that Bengalis are most nationalist and they will not accept that. It was one of the blunder that breaks Pakistan. I added one more thing Jinnah did not know to speak Urdu well...

I beleive you are out of your brain, Urdu was sole language of Muslims of entire Subcontinent, wheather he is a Muslim of Hyderabad Deccan or Tamil, or he is Muslim of UP or Kashmir, every Muslim from any province or state of Subcontinent speaks Urdu. And one more thing that all regional languages could not be made National because if a institute have people from all provinces speaking different languages how will they communicate each other, why will a Bengali speak in Punjabi or why would a Punjabi speak Balochi or why would a Baloch speak Sindhi.

You got a fair point but I still think the british should have kept their troops in place it was their responsibility at the end of the day

My dear Tony Singh : British were not our teacher who should tell us how we should behave towards our country men :D They were not stupid like us to come between us to let them suffer :P They always used someone else shoulder for fire and we are so stupid that we provide them this shoulder again and again..our raja mahraja and rulers were working for them to suppress their own peoples in an attempt to impress english lords and it is sad to see its still happening

I know abu and i never said that they are not recognised by central government but if central government dont recognise their vote bank the way they did to Awami leage in east pakistan then you will see the same outcome :)

Secondly in peshawar many peoples speak urdu because they learned it ether in schools or they have connections with peoples who speak urdu but in landi kotal i wa struggling to find someone who can speak urdu..they were very few there. I dont blame them because if you go rural areas of punjab then you will also find old peopels struggling in speaking urdu.

It is better not to post if one don't have enough knowledge. Mujib was demanding several things, including capital to be tranferred to Dhaka, Also he gave 6 tough points to Pakistan, Pakistan agreed on 5 & asked him to compromise on last one(don't know what was it) but mujeeb who already had decided for freedom long ago in 60's, started to raise slogan of "amar desh tumar desh, bangladesh bangladesh"

Back
Top Bottom