What's new

India Pakistan Partition BBC Special Presentation

Nehru and Sardar Patel played their cards well and prevented the Jinnah's original demand for a weak central rule with separate Muslim representation by rejecting the cabinet mission .

Had cabinet missions conditions were accepted then Jinaah would have got away with much bigger Pakistan at a later date rather than the moth eaten(his own words) he was forced to accept.

Personally I think Pakistan is perfect :pakistan:

Both India and Pakistan could learn a thing from how us asians live in england you see the riots that happen in my city Birmingham how all faiths got behind each other and came out to support those 3 guys who got murdered this is the way it should be.

In the west and in india, it mainly the Punjabis that feel closest to us.

Haan, aur jo Hyderabad, UP, Bihar se Pakistan aaye thay apne rishtedaron ko chor karr woh to sirf "Muhajir" kehlane ke liye aaye thay.. what about their relations in India?? Pakistan is not only about Punjab.. Get over your complex.. Sirf Punjabi nahi affect huye thay partition se. Bohot log bohot kuch chor kar idhar se udhar gaye aur udhar se idhar aaye.. Unkay koyi connections nahi bas Punjabi connection reh gaye wah ji wah..

Haan, aur jo Hyderabad, UP, Bihar se Pakistan aaye thay apne rishtedaron ko chor karr woh to sirf "Muhajir" kehlane ke liye aaye thay.. what about their relations in India?? Pakistan is not only about Punjab.. Get over your complex.. Sirf Punjabi nahi affect huye thay partition se. Bohot log bohot kuch chor kar idhar se udhar gaye aur udhar se idhar aaye.. Unkay koyi connections nahi bas Punjabi connection reh gaye wah ji wah..

The people who migrated are the best people in Pakistan they give everything for their nation and we love them the most, I am just saying that even though indian Punjabis even though not Muslim feel a closeness and affinity with Pakistani Punjabi's.

Calm down sonny, I meant the indian Punjabi's that feel close to us, we have a right royal blowout.

Kiddo I asked about the "us" part.. Im sure not all Pakistanis feel the same way.

very silly to generalize....I'm Pakhtun, I dont necessarily feel closer to Afghans. If one is at his senses and has a feeling of nationhood then the ethnicity part shouldnt get in the way.

Ok let me rephrase - who do you feel closer to -Afghan Pashtuns or Indian Punjabis ?

partition happened, now live with it :pakistan:

Exactly. I agree with you cent percent.

I still don't get the "Oh-partition-should-not-have-happened-boohoo' even now.

My whole family is from Hyderabad. Both from mother and father side and at least I don't care for any relatives in India. Why should I. What it has to do with me? My country is more important for me than any relative living in India. And I don't have problem with the partition either.

Yeah I have a problem with the partition that it wasn't just. :lol:

and i personally thnk that you are wrong else the pakistan would not be in a mess as it is right now if it was so perfect.

and i personally am just glad we separated and became independant. Dread to think what would have happened to us if people like Modi were looking after us. With respect you arent the worlds most successful and perfect nation.

Abu if it was so diffrent then people would have not been living in peace for centuries it were the politics of british which played the role. if the british would have controlled the kolkatta rights in the start itself there would have been no issues. it was only very late when Jinnah actually came up with the creation of Pakistan. Initially he himself did not wanted the partition.

We also think bangladesh would have not been seperated from us but see we could not do anything and we cannot even blame them for their demands as they had valid reasons. we still feel for them and have good relations with them . indians can do same with pakistsni . yes we also feel sorry for loss of lives during all this process. i dont blame british for stupidity of local peoples. british only used one force against others when they were against each others and were not united . why blame them if we could not live in peace with each others.

o papu yaar taang na kaar....

i feel closer to those who are loyal to the country.....i dont care ethnic or personal religious beliefs, those are beyond my control or interest.

Duh....that's a given.

I was specifically asking in the context when a member said "us" (i take that as Pakistanis) feel closer to Indian Punjabis.

In the end it was a good thing, the ethnic diversity in my homeland is beautiful.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Duh....that's a given.

I was specifically asking in the context when a member said "us" (i take that as Pakistanis) feel closer to Indian Punjabis.

Ask indian Punjabi's why they like Pakistani Punjabi's including MMS uncle.

well, Punjabis are an interesting people.....there is a special emphasis on their language, which is one of the single largest parts of their sub-culture.

it's hard to even put Punjabis in one basket; there are many sub-regional dialects.

Back
Top Bottom