What's new

India Pakistan Partition BBC Special Presentation

Ask indian Punjabi's why they like Pakistani Punjabi's including MMS uncle.

Atlast that was the answer I was looking for.

So the "us" means Pakistani Punjabis and not entire Pakistan. Thats logical.

I can identify more with a Eezham Tamil than with ,say, a Arunachaali.

We also think bangladesh would have not been seperated from us but see we could not do anything and we cannot even blame them for their demands as they had valid reasons. we still feel for them and have good relations with them . indians can do same with pakistsni . yes we also feel sorry for loss of lives during all this process. i dont blame british for stupidity of local peoples. british only used one force against others when they were against each others and were not united . why blame them if we could not live in peace with each others.

Sorry not WE maybe few, i think Bangladesh shouldve been indepandant in 47 as Jinnah said, as they were culturally Indians & religiously Pakistanis.

it was the british fault they pulled out the troops in lahore and karachi so the massacre could take place anyone thinking otherwise needs their heads checked

Haan, aur jo Hyderabad, UP, Bihar se Pakistan aaye thay apne rishtedaron ko chor karr woh to sirf "Muhajir" kehlane ke liye aaye thay.. what about their relations in India?? Pakistan is not only about Punjab.. Get over your complex.. Sirf Punjabi nahi affect huye thay partition se. Bohot log bohot kuch chor kar idhar se udhar gaye aur udhar se idhar aaye.. Unkay koyi connections nahi bas Punjabi connection reh gaye wah ji wah..

My ancesters were from UP & i think Western part of UP which was muslim shouldve been Pakistan along with delhi, whole punjab & whole Kashmir, that western area of UP was Pakistan, culturally, linguistically & religiously.

Sorry not WE maybe few, i think Bangladesh shouldve been indepandant in 47 as Jinnah said, as they were culturally Indians & religiously Pakistanis.
yes you may differ with my opinion but same could be said about pashtuns who have more common culture with afghans than rest of pakistani. youu cannot unite country/peoples if you dont tolerate different cultures

it was the british fault they pulled out the troops in lahore and karachi so the massacre could take place anyone thinking otherwise needs their heads checked

if you are law-abiding, mentally sane person with no criminal/drug background --you are welcome to visit Lahore or anywhere else in Pakistan whenever you like. Lahore's a great city, every human being should visit Lahore at least once in their life.

regards

british did not ask you to butcher muslims or sikhs. why you blame british if we could not control our emotions and were blind in hate and revenge.

well, Punjabis are an interesting people.....there is a special emphasis on their language, which is one of the single largest parts of their sub-culture.

it's hard to even put Punjabis in one basket; there are many sub-regional dialects.

Plus we have Punjabi Pashtun's and Punjabi Balochi - it is truly an ethnically mixed province as well.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

if you are law-abiding, mentally sane person with no criminal/drug background --you are welcome to visit Lahore or anywhere else in Pakistan whenever you like. Lahore's a great city, every human being should visit Lahore at least once in their life.

regards

Lahore, Lahore hai. :pakistan:

yes you may differ with my opinion but same could be said about pashtuns who have more common culture with afghans than rest of pakistani. youu cannot unite country/peoples if you dont tolerate different cultures

Pushtuns themselves don't want to go with Afghanistan, first. Second it was geographically linked to Pakistan, third many people in KPK follows same culture like rest of Pakistan, fourth their language was written in similar way as of other provinces/territories of Pakistan. There are many many things, Bangladesh was only Pakistan due to religion & because they fought for it but in other areas it was totally opposite & was very similar to India.

it was good that partition happended...it was bad that...it didnt serve the purpose.....

I would suggest, we should have an indepedent states system with their own balancesheets and domestic laws but one central security and external relationship system......so Pakistan, Bagla, J&K, UP, Bihar etc will be an indepedent states....with their own domestic flag, laws, taxation etc/...but will be part of central power with one common flag, defence system and exetenal affairs ministry...

I would name it..USB .....United States of Bharat....

Pushtuns themselves don't want to go with Afghanistan, first. Second it was geographically linked to Pakistan, third many people in KPK follows same culture like rest of Pakistan, fourth their language was written in similar way as of other provinces/territories of Pakistan. There are many many things, Bangladesh was only Pakistan due to religion & because they fought for it but in other areas it was totally opposite & was very similar to India.
Bangladesh did not ask for freedom from pakistan because of cultural differences. how you differentiate between religion of a muslim and his culture
As boht are ways of living . you think culture of a muslim is more stronger force than his religion. if same religion cannot unite peoples then nothing else can do it. i dont want to discuss what leaders of pashtuns wanted as it will divert the topic

Bangladesh did not ask for freedom from pakistan because of cultural differences. how you differentiate between religion of a muslim and his culture
As boht are ways of living . you think culture of a muslim is more stronger force than his religion. if same religion cannot unite peoples then nothing else can do it. i dont want to discuss what leaders of pashtuns wanted as it will divert the topic

If i'm not forgetting the first bloody fight was over language when Bangalis refused to accept one sole National language Urdu(It is funny nowadays that they feel happy & proud watching Indian hindi movies & speak that language), that proved they preferred language & culture more than religion.

No one care for what Pashtun leaders wanted, it is all about people & Pushtun people supported Pakistan.

it was good that partition happended...it was bad that...it didnt serve the purpose.....

I would suggest, we should have an indepedent states system with their own balancesheets and domestic laws but one central security and external relationship system......so Pakistan, Bagla, J&K, UP, Bihar etc will be an indepedent states....with their own domestic flag, laws, taxation etc/...but will be part of central power with one common flag, defence system and exetenal affairs ministry...

I would name it..USB .....United States of Bharat....

Recipe for utter anarchy and very soon a civil war.Thank God sense prevailed and such kind of things did not happen

If Jinnah was respnsible for Partition - Thank you Jinnah.

If it was Nehru - Thank you Nehru.

What does "religiously Pakistanis" mean ?

Back
Top Bottom