What's new

India Pakistan Partition BBC Special Presentation

Jinnah made a terrible mistake by making Urdu a national language, there is no need of that. Its a spark that spoils Pakistan creation and two nation theory...Jinnah can make all regional language as national language. I dont understand that he tried to make urdu a national language, because we all know that Bengalis are most nationalist and they will not accept that. It was one of the blunder that breaks Pakistan. I added one more thing Jinnah did not know to speak Urdu well...

American Pakistani is right. You need one national language for union and communication of peoples belong to different cultures and ethnicities

Had it not been faulty politics of congress which suck till today and are reason for the majority of problems in the political system, the partition would have never happened.

May the Nehru Family rot in hell.

The arrogance and the ego of self serving politicians broke up a country and millions had to pay the ultimate price with their blood. It is hard for people whose families were not uprooted from their ancestral homes to understand the pain and anguish of the refugees. All my life I have missed the culture of my Ancestral home of Delhi as both my parents were Mughals from the old city of Delhi. Thirty generations of my ancesters are buried there and growing up in Pakistan I could never go there to offer Fatiha at their graves. This is a pain that never leaves you and haunts you all your life.

Had Nehru and Jinnah worked out their differences and worked together to keep their people united, we would still be one country. Muslims formed 36% of Indian Population and Jinnah asked for constitutional gaurantees to have Muslim prorata share of Federal jobs and Nehru rebuffed him. Then he tried to ask for more powers to State/Provincial governments thinking that atleast where Muslims had majority in provinces like NWFP, PUNJAB, SIND, BALOCHISTAN, BENGAL etc., Muslims could protect their legitimate rights through State governments, he was rebuffed again. This made Muslims feel that even though they formed more than one third of the population, Nehru would deprive them thru the central govt. and they would not be given their share of the economic pie. As the result the country got divided and millions died and these three countries will always find it hard to find peace. What a loss for all of us because there are no winners in this case. In the end we all lost.

That is my point, you dont need to made urdu as a national language formally or officialy because you dont need to do that because it is obvious and it will be done on grounds but by declaring that was a political blunder. If sub-continent includes bengladesh then they dont speak urdu well, pukhtoons at the time of 1947 dont speak urdu well, it was learned through years by the time we have seen them now. If a institute really need a common language to communicate with each other then why most of the elite schools, colleges, and Universities follow English as a communication language because 90% of Pakistan population dont speak English. Then Urdu now should be used in all institutes for communication....EH...

It is better not to post if one don't have enough knowledge. Mujib was demanding several things, including capital to be tranferred to Dhaka, Also he gave 6 tough points to Pakistan, Pakistan agreed on 5 & asked him to compromise on last one(don't know what was it) but mujeeb who already had decided for freedom long ago in 60's, started to raise slogan of "amar desh tumar desh, bangladesh bangladesh"

Lol if i dont have knowledge i should give up posting on forums :D i thought forum is place to gain knowledge . Why you dont increase my knowledge about history of Bangladesh and what was these 6 toughs points? You also dont have knowledge of last point which he did not agreed lol

any way let leave it and concentrate more on Pakistan and india

I know abu and i never said that they are not recognised by central government but if central government dont recognise their vote bank the way they did to Awami leage in east pakistan then you will see the same outcome :)

Secondly in peshawar many peoples speak urdu because they learned it ether in schools or they have connections with peoples who speak urdu but in landi kotal i wa struggling to find someone who can speak urdu..they were very few there. I dont blame them because if you go rural areas of punjab then you will also find old peopels struggling in speaking urdu.

well Bangladesh policies was a strategic blunder of huge proportions but having 2 wings with a hostile country in between --it just wasn't feasible.

it's interesting to ''wonder'' what would have happened if the election results were respected, but quite frankly --its moot point.

as for Urdu --well it also falls under indo-aryan branch languages and is not difficult to pick up. From birth till i became teenager my Urdu was quite awful --full of grammatical errors. But even for Pashto speakers it's quite easy to pick up, given some similar vocabularys and given that the script is the same. I would hope so vice versa as well.

regards

@Raja Pakistani,
We dont need to nationalize urdu a national language beacuse its a fact that Urdu was a language used for all convenience but officially accepting it was political murder made by federal state. Bengalis are not ready to accept it and we are trying to make mirch masala from their EGO feelings.
Same is happening in Baluchistan, baluchis are one of the most nationalists in the region, so play it politically, diplomatically and very carefully.

That is my point, you dont need to made urdu as a national language formally or officialy because you dont need to do that because it is obvious and it will be done on grounds but by declaring that was a political blunder. If sub-continent includes bengladesh then they dont speak urdu well, pukhtoons at the time of 1947 dont speak urdu well, it was learned through years by the time we have seen them now. If a institute really need a common language to communicate with each other then why most of the elite schools, colleges, and Universities follow English as a communication language because 90% of Pakistan population dont speak English. Then Urdu now should be used in all institutes for communication....EH...

English is international language while urdu is national language and they boht should have place in curriculum . Tell me how you will communicate with balochi if they only understand their regional lanaguge which you have no clue and they dont even know the basic of urdu ?

Urdu is the reflection of your heritage, poetry, arts etc

My dear Tony Singh : British were not our teacher who should tell us how we should behave towards our country men :D They were not stupid like us to come between us to let them suffer :P They always used someone else shoulder for fire and we are so stupid that we provide them this shoulder again and again..our raja mahraja and rulers were working for them to suppress their own peoples in an attempt to impress english lords and it is sad to see its still happening

Your right but they used divide and rule tactic we never saw it coming

as for Urdu --well it also falls under indo-aryan branch languages and is not difficult to pick up. From birth till i became teenager my Urdu was quite awful --full of grammatical errors.

regards

I guess it is easy for muslims to learn urdu because of Arabic. I would say i always got full marks in urdu. My urdu teacher was imprssed with my hand writing and always asked me to write charts with poem Lab pe atti ha dua bun k tamana meri

May be it was because of me studying in urdu medium schools. I always struggled with English lol :)

@ Raja Pakistani,
Mere bhai we dont need to accept Urdu as a national language because it is obvious that urdu is a national language. Bhai jab log nahi maan rahe urdu ko national language to kia zabardasti karoge, remember population of east pakistan and west pakistan is same that means half of pakistan is not accepting it but we made it to boost our EGO. zaroorat kia thi urdu ko national language banane ki, urdu waise hi national language thi.
As far as heritage and poetry is concerned there are many millions of Sindhi, baluchi and pukhtoon and Punjabi poets who demonstrate their culture heritage in their regional language, regional language also demonstrates the culture heritage...
English is now our unofficially national language because some of the High standard schools, colleges and universities do communication in English.

Your right but they used divide and rule tactic we never saw it coming
our fault again if we get in their trap .if i ask you to kill your country men or oppress their rights directly or indirectly and you go for it without thinking then its your fault.. The problem is we are emotional peoples and its very easy for others to use these emotions in their favour. We get so blind in hate and revenge that we dont understand what we are doing is right or worng :)

@ Raja Pakistani,
Mere bhai we dont need to accept Urdu as a national language because it is obvious that urdu is a national language. Bhai jab log nahi maan rahe urdu ko national language to kia zabardasti karoge, remember population of east pakistan and west pakistan is same that means half of pakistan is not accepting it but we made it to boost our EGO. zaroorat kia thi urdu ko national language banane ki, urdu waise hi national language thi.
As far as heritage and poetry is concerned there are many millions of Sindhi, baluchi and pukhtoon and Punjabi poets who demonstrate their culture heritage in their regional language, regional language also demonstrates the culture heritage...
English is now our unofficially national language because some of the High standard schools, colleges and universities do communication in English.

Kohee zabardsati nhi kar rha mere bhi. I am punjabi. I never gave up my own languages but i feel proud in speaking urdu and urdu is superior than punjabi and they all come from each others. Urdu is the only source of communication i have with others non punjabi pakistani :)

@Raja Pakistani,
We dont need to nationalize urdu a national language beacuse its a fact that Urdu was a language used for all convenience but officially accepting it was political murder made by federal state. Bengalis are not ready to accept it and we are trying to make mirch masala from their EGO feelings.
Same is happening in Baluchistan, baluchis are one of the most nationalists in the region, so play it politically, diplomatically and very carefully.

@ Mikkix,

I agree with you 100%. The biggest mistake Jinnah made was his speech in East Pakistan where he told Bengalis that Urdu was goiing to be the National language. That was like spitting in their face and made East Pakistanis very angry. The funny thing is that typical Urdu speaking pakistanis don't give two hoots for Urdu being the national language. I am an Urdu speaking person and I would prefer English to be our National language. Jinnah should have declared English to be the National language and maybe East Pakistan would not have turned into Bangladesh. For people who don't have Urdu roots , it is far better option to learn the Worlds most spoken International language so that we can communicate with the World at large than to learn Urdu.

Also learning English helps us in science and technology because all the scientific books are written in English. For a man who could barely speak urdu well and who was more at ease speaking English, Jinnah's Urdu Nationalism was hard to comprehend.

@ Mikkix,

I agree with you 100%. The biggest mistake Jinnah made was his speech in East Pakistan where he told Bengalis that Urdu was goiing to be the National language. That was like spitting in their face and made East Pakistanis very angry. The funny thing is that typical Urdu speaking pakistanis don't give two hoots for Urdu being the national language. I am an Urdu speaking person and I would prefer English to be our National language. Jinnah should have declared English to be the National language and maybe East Pakistan would not have turned into Bangladesh. For people who don't have Urdu roots , it is far better option to learn the Worlds most spoken International language so that we can communicate with the World at large.

Also learning English helps us in science and technology because all the scientific books are written in English. For a man who could barely speak urdu well and who was more at ease speaking English, Jinnah's Urdu Nationalism was hard to understand.

That was my words :)
Thanks...

Back
Top Bottom