What's new

India Pakistan Partition BBC Special Presentation

I am sorry the vast majority of those 14% of the Muslims are those who don't approve of the idea,the idealogy of Pakistan. That is why they chose to stay behind in India.

And again India and Pakistan as a unified entity is an entirely artificial structure which will not last long. I personally would not want such a thing to happen.

Partition was a benefit for everyone. Lets move on already.

the bold is concerned, I believed that unification will happen peacefully and it will last pretty long but cant say how many.
the coming times giving an indication that it will happen...

I had passed many times with one of my grand father.
and he told me this.
India will be surrounded by Mongols/Chinese. Pakistan will be surrounded by Anglo Americans...
Then India will unite with mutual consent to tackle both china and Anglo Americans.
He said Pakistan will take side of India compared to China and India will take side of Muslims against Anglo American.
This is his predictions.....Not Joking about his prediction, that's what he said.

the bold is concerned, I believed that unification will happen peacefully and it will last pretty long but cant say how many.

If it happens, then woe behold us.

I don't know about Pakistanis..but any sensible Indian will not agree to it.

If it happens, then woe behold us.

I don't know about Pakistanis..but any sensible Indian will not agree to it.

You are free to disagree so the Pakistanis...:cheers:

We are Pakistanis and will remain so - millions of Pakistanis will rise in rebellion if even the thought of unification is bought up, in my mind and my colleagues it is tantamount to treason.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

I had passed many times with one of my grand father.
and he told me this.
India will be surrounded by Mongols/Chinese. Pakistan will be surrounded by Anglo Americans...
Then India will unite with mutual consent to tackle both china and Anglo Americans.
He said Pakistan will take side of India compared to China and India will take side of Muslims against Anglo American.
This is his predictions.....Not Joking about his prediction, that's what he said.

Garbage - no sane Pakistani would agree to this, China is our friend and india is our enemy. Please use your original flag and stop pretending to be a Pakistani.

I seriously doubt this. I used to think Indians and Pakistanis were essentially the same until last summer when i met a large number of Indians from various parts of their ocuntry. At the end of the day it was only with the Indian Punjabis that i was at ease. A Marathi or a Gujrati is as similar to me as a Tajik or Uzbek. Several generations have passed and new sense of identities have developed. I wish India all the best but i have, and i am pretty sure most Pakistanis agree with me, no desire for any unification with India.

I seriously doubt this. I used to think Indians and Pakistanis were essentially the same until last summer when i met a large number of Indians from various parts of their ocuntry. At the end of the day it was only with the Indian Punjabis that i was at ease. A Marathi or a Gujrati is as similar to me as a Tajik or Uzbek. Several generations have passed and new sense of identities have developed. I wish India all the best but i have, and i am pretty sure most Pakistanis agree with me, have no desire for any unification with India.

The best we can hope for - is a cold peace like Egypt had with Israel when Mubarak was in charge.

We are Pakistanis and will remain so - millions of Pakistanis will rise in rebellion if even the thought of unification is bought up, in my mind and my colleagues it is tantamount to treason.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

Garbage - no sane Pakistani would agree to this, China is our friend and india is our enemy. Please use your original flag and stop pretending to be a Pakistani.

Brother i am a pakistani, you can check my IP address.
There is no friend or enemy in international politics, yesterday America was our friend, yesterday muslims and hindus lived peacefully, yesterday french and americans are not at the same page, yesterday japan and America was enemies, yesterday Arabs supports gadhaffi and Husni mubarak, yesterday musharaf was a noble leader and a great army chief, yesterday bengladesh was pakistan, yesterday We are indians (before partition), the day before yesterday we were Arab/Turkic/persian migrators.

I seriously doubt this. I used to think Indians and Pakistanis were essentially the same until last summer when i met a large number of Indians from various parts of their ocuntry. At the end of the day it was only with the Indian Punjabis that i was at ease. A Marathi or a Gujrati is as similar to me as a Tajik or Uzbek. Several generations have passed and new sense of identities have developed. I wish India all the best but i have, and i am pretty sure most Pakistanis agree with me, no desire for any unification with India.

You echo my feelings.

Except for a tiny portion of senile Partion era Pujabis like Kuldip Nayar no sensible Indian even wants a friendly relation , let alone, unification with Pakistan.

Infact, hypothetically speaking, if given a chance of physically relocating our country I would not think twice before taking that with two hands.

You echo my feelings.

Except for a tiny portion of senile Partion era Pujabis like Kuldip Nayar no sensible Indian even wants a friendly relation , let alone, unification with Pakistan.

Infact, hypothetically speaking, if given a chance of physically relocating our country I would not think twice before taking that with two hands.

I wholeheartedly agree that is the last thing in the world we need to happen/

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Brother i am a pakistani, you can check my IP address.
There is no friend or enemy in international politics, yesterday America was our friend, yesterday muslims and hindus lived peacefully, yesterday french and americans are not at the same page, yesterday japan and America was enemies, yesterday Arabs supports gadhaffi and Husni mubarak, yesterday musharaf was a noble leader and a great army chief, yesterday bengladesh was pakistan, yesterday We are indians (before partition), the day before yesterday we were Arab/Turkic/persian migrators.

You may have been indian, but I am not never have and never will be, well if you are a Pakistani - you are a traitor and no brother of mine. KEEP AWAY FROM ME.

You are terribly misinformed. Firstly Urdu was NOT the language of all the Muslims -only those in North and Deccan. The rest spoke the native languages.

Secondly Bengalis in India dont speak Hindi..They just know Hindi because of its close resemblance to Hindi.

But take it from me they are one of the proudest people (along with Tamils) about their language.

India tried this national language business in the 60's and it cause massive protests in Tamil Nadu and in Bengal which opposed the Hindi imposition. The Indian leaders were wise enough to roll back the move and introduce English as the official langauge. On the other hand the Pak leaders were not wise enough and the result was Bangladesh.

It is you who is terribly misinformed, before partition it was Urdu for Muslim of subcontinent & Hindi for Hindus & Sikhs of subcontinent.

Also today India has 2 official languages English & Hindi, not tamil or bengali. Just difference in Pakistan was English made an official language & Urdu national language. People who doesn't knew Urdu or have allergy with it could talk in English, same as today people who don't know Urdu can talk in English anywhere in Pakistan. Pakistan had later after 52 made Bengali as a national language too.

You can leave Pakistan & live in India just like adnan nanbai. Pakistan was a free country & will remain free Inshallah forever.

Back
Top Bottom