What's new

India Pakistan Partition BBC Special Presentation

My best frnd is a punjabi rajput whose grand parents migrated frm indian punjab... accordin to his grandfather n my elders who saw the partition it was the sikh jathas (as they say) attacking refugees frm eastern punjab... girls jumped into wells to save their dignities,mothers killed their daughter in order to protect them... people died of disease.... sikh n hindu gangs attacked unarmed refugees... the first train tht arrived in Pakistan had only 1 survivor a baby... who was discovered in his dead mothers arms... the people sitting on top of the trains were sawed to death by sikhs n hindus who had fixed saws on tunnels... heaps of dead muslims could be seen in punjab,delhi etc... And similiar was happening in Kashmir where dogra forces were commiting the worst attrocities on muslims who protesting to join Pakistan... in an incident 250,000 muslims kashmiris were massacred by dogras...

The same goes for the other side too. The Punjabi Muslims were no paragons of love. They did as much as the other side. Infact the violence started first on the Pakistani side by Muslims which was only repayed.

I see the partition as a "Hijrat"- (reference: the first Islamic hijrat) and soon we'll be back to reclaim what is ours :devil:-

I beleive you are out of your brain, Urdu was sole language of Muslims of entire Subcontinent, wheather he is a Muslim of Hyderabad Deccan or Tamil, or he is Muslim of UP or Kashmir, every Muslim from any province or state of Subcontinent speaks Urdu. .

I don't know where you got that from..But more than 80% of Muslims over here speak only Tamil and not Urdu.

Same goes for Kerala where the Muslims speak malayalam and not Urdu..Ofcourse I don't have much of idea about Muslims in North.

@ Mikkix,

I agree with you 100%. The biggest mistake Jinnah made was his speech in East Pakistan where he told Bengalis that Urdu was goiing to be the National language. That was like spitting in their face and made East Pakistanis very angry. The funny thing is that typical Urdu speaking pakistanis don't give two hoots for Urdu being the national language. I am an Urdu speaking person and I would prefer English to be our National language. Jinnah should have declared English to be the National language and maybe East Pakistan would not have turned into Bangladesh. For people who don't have Urdu roots , it is far better option to learn the Worlds most spoken International language so that we can communicate with the World at large.

Also learning English helps us in science and technology because all the scientific books are written in English. For a man who could barely speak urdu well and who was more at ease speaking English, Jinnah's Urdu Nationalism was hard to comprehend.

we should have asked british to stay in our countries to help us learning english and science and technologies :D :P

There was no need for them to leave

Kohee zabardsati nhi kar rha mere bhi. I am punjabi. I never gave up my own languages but i feel proud in speaking urdu and urdu is superior than punjabi and they all come from each others. Urdu is the only source of communication i have with others non punjabi pakistani :)

yaar bengalis are not accepting Urdu so what should we do, force it to accept.
do we really need it?????????
We had to choose either bengalis or language and unfortunately we lost half pakistan, half people for the sake of language.
Urdu is a national language and lots of bengalis speaks urdu at that time so what is the point to make it official.
Either Jinnah want to satisfy his ego or want to ditch bengalis, you can explain me the other intentions of it Plz.

we should have asked british to stay in our countries to help us learning english and science and technologies :D :P

There was no need for them to leave

Brother i think you misunderstood him, what he means that we should learned English more to make our understanding very well because most of the books are written in english and if we want to learn quick we need to learn english well. If we dont want to learn english it Ok but tackle it this Ego satisfaction by translating all the books including science and technologies in Urdu language so that the whole pakistan understand it easily the knowlegde which was originally written in english.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

We had to choose either bengalis or language and unfortunately we lost half pakistan, half people for the sake of language.
Urdu is a national language and lots of bengalis speaks urdu at that time so what is the point to make it official.
Either Jinnah want to satisfy his ego or want to ditch bengalis, you can explain me the other intentions of it Plz.

I understand your point. There are many ways to deal with conflict beside forcing ideas on others. Its like FATA peoles wanted name of their province as Khyber pakhtun khaw and if government keep rigid attitudes then it would be a problem. I also think many peoples are learning urdu by chance more than by choice :)

Brother i think you misunderstood him, what he means that we should learned English more to make our understanding very well because most of the books are written in english and if we want to learn quick we need to learn english well. If we dont want to learn english it Ok but tackle it this Ego satisfaction by translating all the books including science and technologies in Urdu language so that the whole pakistan understand it easily the knowlegde which was originally written in english.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

Learning English is necessity these days but not all Pakistani peoples can afford to learn it and can communicates with each others in english..here peoples dont even have opportunity to learn their national languages which is closer to arabic and which is their ancestors languages

I don't know where you got that from..But more than 80% of Muslims over here speak only Tamil and not Urdu.

Same goes for Kerala where the Muslims speak malayalam and not Urdu..Ofcourse I don't have much of idea about Muslims in North.

i'm talking of before partition, after partition even north indian muslims say they speaking hindi due to fear.

I see the partition as a "Hijrat"- (reference: the first Islamic hijrat) and soon we'll be back to reclaim what is ours :devil:-

I believed the reclaiming/regrouping of india will be similar to the conquer of Mecca in 8th Hijri.
Regrouping of sub-continent will be peacefully done Insha Allah with the acceptance of mutual understandings...

I believed the reclaiming/regrouping of india will be similar to the conquer of Mecca in 8th Hijri.
Regrouping of sub-continent will be peacefully done Insha Allah with the acceptance of mutual understandings...

That will not happen unless all Muslims become Hindus or all Hindus become Muslims..Either way its impossible.

Be happy with what you have.

Urdu was language of entire subcontinent muslims before partition, how can bengalis not accept it as Pakistan's national language? secondly if bengalis of india have no problem speaking hindi what problem does bangladesh bengali had, & funniest $h1t is that today the very same bengali speaks hindi, which is not even their national language.

Urdu was language of entire subcontinent muslims before partition, how can bengalis not accept it as Pakistan's national language? secondly if bengalis of india have no problem speaking hindi what problem does bangladesh bengali had, & funniest $h1t is that today the very same bengali speaks hindi, which is not even their national language.

You are terribly misinformed. Firstly Urdu was NOT the language of all the Muslims -only those in North and Deccan. The rest spoke the native languages.

Secondly Bengalis in India dont speak Hindi..They just know Hindi because of its close resemblance to Hindi.

But take it from me they are one of the proudest people (along with Tamils) about their language.

India tried this national language business in the 60's and it cause massive protests in Tamil Nadu and in Bengal which opposed the Hindi imposition. The Indian leaders were wise enough to roll back the move and introduce English as the official langauge. On the other hand the Pak leaders were not wise enough and the result was Bangladesh.

That will not happen unless all Muslims become Hindus or all Hindus become Muslims..Either way its impossible.

Be happy with what you have.

What you mean is 14% muslims of india changed their religion and became hindus after division, no they hadn't.
India has the population of muslims now so the whole sub-continent can unite irrespective of the religion.
I am happy of what i have, If unification happens it will happen peacefully, no other thing should happen to joined them.

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 AM ----------

Urdu was not the national language of whole sub-continent.
Plz read history well.

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

You are terribly misinformed. Firstly Urdu was NOT the language of all the Muslims -only those in North and Deccan. The rest spoke the native languages.

Secondly Bengalis in India dont speak Hindi..They just know Hindi because of its close resemblance to Hindi.

But take it from me they are one of the proudest people (along with Tamils) about their language.

India tried this national language business in the 60's and it cause massive protests in Tamil Nadu and in Bengal which opposed the Hindi imposition. The Indian leaders were wise enough to roll back the move and introduce English as the official langauge. On the other hand the Pak leaders were not wise enough and the result was Bangladesh.

Agreeed ..

What you mean is 14% muslims of india changed their religion and became hindus after division, no they hadn't.
India has the population of muslims now so the whole sub-continent can unite irrespective of the religion.
I am happy of what i have, If unification happens it will happen peacefully, no other thing should happen to joined them.

I am sorry the vast majority of those 14% of the Muslims are those who don't approve of the idea,the idealogy of Pakistan. That is why they chose to stay behind in India.

And again India and Pakistan as a unified entity is an entirely artificial structure which will not last long. I personally would not want such a thing to happen.

Partition was a benefit for everyone. Lets move on already.

Back
Top Bottom