What's new

India not willing to play by the rules: US lawmakers

Our problem is that we do not have enough good paying jobs for American workers. American wages have been falling do to our cowardly politicians who have laid down to the Chinese and Indians in trade deals, for example, that have cost American workers their jobs, so I for one, am an advocate of high trade barriers and am against signing any further trade deals that are not in the American people's interests, as opposed to Wall Street's interests.

Did your congressman vote for the H1-B increase last week?

Did your congressman vote for the H1-B increase last week?
Had to look it up, but no, he did not nor did either Senator or any Congressman from my state. They are all conservative Republicans and it is not popular here.

Had to look it up, but no, he did not nor did either Senator or any Congressman from my state. They are all conservative Republicans and it is not popular here.

It passed anyway. Say goodbye to more high-tech jobs.

It passed anyway. Say goodbye to more high-tech jobs.
Maybe, but the time is coming when we will fulfill your wish and send all those ungrateful anti-American foreign hypocrites, packing back to the ****-holes they came from. People like you have convinced me that we need to work even harder to elect real Americans to keep your sort out of my country. And apparently, you must have gotten a work visa in Australia as you are yet one more "patriot" who tucked tail and ran off to Australia. :omghaha: If the Australians wake up, they will do the same with you. You will be much happier back where you are not contaminated by western ideals and culture.

Maybe, but the time is coming when we will fulfill your wish and send all those ungrateful anti-American foreign hypocrites, packing back to the ****-holes they came from. And apparently, you must have gotten a work visa in Australia as you are yet one more "patriot" who tucked tail and ran off to Australia. :omghaha: If the Australians wake up, they will do the same with you. You will be much happier back where you are not contaminated by western ideals and culture.

Since you know nothing of my history, it's amusing to read your analysis and predictions.

As for "waking up", I wouldn't hold my breath on the H1 visa trend reversing any time soon. Enough of your politicians are bought and paid for to ensure due compliance. It's not "bribery"; it's "political speech" -- a fundamental right.

Since you know nothing of my history, it's amusing to read your analysis and predictions.

As for "waking up", I wouldn't hold my breath on the H1 visa trend reversing any time soon. Enough of your politicians are bought and paid for to ensure due compliance.
I know you are just one more "patriot" who voted with your feet and abandoned your paradise of a country to suck of western tit in Australia. You are the only one who thinks that somehow "heroic" or hurtful to my country to come here on a work visa whereas I realize it says volumes about YOUR country that so many of you tuck tail and skedaddle out of it to come work for us westerners.

We don't need India's or anyone else's markets. America is a bastion of bountiful food producing lands and productive factories and people. What we need, is high tariffs so for example, Indian and Chinese cheap labor does not compete with Americans who need jobs.

Protectionist policies are not the way to go forward. We ourselves have shed a lot of our protectionist policies and have opened up most our markets for competition. Lot more is to be done according your congressmen but we are doing it at our own pace. All the products I am used to in states is available here and some of them are made in India and some imported. American companies are highly visible in India and are doing good business. If you go back to high tariff regime, it is the consumer who is going get hurt with limited options and higher prices. Indian and Chinese cheap labor has in fact benefited the us consumer immensely by providing affordable goods and merchandise. So, what are you complaining about?? You just need to come down from your high horse and see the ground reality.

Protectionist policies are not the way to go forward. We ourselves have shed a lot of our protectionist policies and have opened up most our markets for competition. Lot more is to be done according your congressmen but we are doing it at our own pace. All the products I am used to in states is available here and some of them are made in India and some imported. American companies are highly visible in India and are doing good business. If you go back to high tariff regime, it is the consumer who is going get hurt with limited options and higher prices. Indian and Chinese cheap labor has in fact benefited the us consumer immensely by providing affordable goods and merchandise. So, what are you complaining about?? You just need to come down from your high horse and see the ground reality.
We American have enough "stuff". We are rich to the gills and do not need to line any more Chinese pockets. We need better paying jobs for our own citizens. Americans are fed up with our politicians serving Beijing or New Delhi or Wall Street, but screwing over the average American worker. Once we get Obama out and my party wins office again, it will begin to shift. The GOP has been moving steadily toward a greater nationalism and backing off of it's previous commitment to "free trade", which was never free. If I have anything to do with it, we will never sign another "free trade" deal again. I don't care if we become poorer as long as we stop giving money to those who hate us and wish us ill will.

Truthfully, I don't think it will matter much anyway as China, for one, seems hell bent on some sort of military conflict with Japan and others in the region. Free trade, wont mean much to anyone when that happens. I would prefer that America stay out of it, except when our strategic interests demands we act.

I know you are just one more "patriot" who voted with your feet and abandoned your paradise of a country to suck of western tit in Australia. You are the only one who thinks that somehow "heroic" or hurtful to my country to come here on a work visa whereas I realize it says volumes about YOUR country that so many of you tuck tail and skedaddle out of it to come work for us westerners.

More entertainment, watching your descent into racism and bigotry.

What you don't understand is that the puppeteers -- the ones who OWN the politicians and who are mostly white men themselves -- consider people like you an anachronism. They know their priorities and how to achieve them.

You can huff and puff, but the power is solidly in their hands. Did the occupy movements achieve anything other than a vague nostalgia of the 60s?

It was the patron saint of conservatism, Ronald Reagan, himself who issued the first amnesty bill which opened the floodgates to immigration, both legal and illegal. Now, all you can do is watch as more and more immigration "reforms" get passed. The Tea Party has become a joke. The Republicans are struggling to accept the demographic writing on the wall -- either they will adapt or perish.

More entertainment, watching your descent into racism and bigotry.

Not only am I not, but I will no longer respond to your venomous posts. You're just another poor, sad little foreigner, sucking western tit in Australia, working for western bosses and so you need to lash out about it. Your own homeland is such a pitiful mess that you had to tuck tail and flee to find a nice westerner to work for and so now you accuse those who point that out of being racists. What a pathetic douch-bag!

I have seen Americans whose family lived in US for 150 years used to say that they have roots in Ireland or spain or Italy..... It can NEVER ever happen!

And who are you to say that? Who gave you that right?

I'm not saying do not be proud of your heritage. But be loyal to one country alone.

We American have enough "stuff". We are rich to the gills and do not need to line any more Chinese pockets. We need better paying jobs for our own citizens. Americans are fed up with our politicians serving Beijing or New Delhi or Wall Street, but screwing over the average American worker. Once we get Obama out and my party wins office again, it will begin to shift. The GOP has been moving steadily toward a greater nationalism and backing off of it's previous commitment to "free trade", which was never free. If I have anything to do with it, we will never sign another "free trade" deal again. I don't care if we become poorer as long as we stop giving money to those who hate us and wish us ill will.

Truthfully, I don't think it will matter much anyway as China, for one, seems hell bent on some sort of military conflict with Japan and others in the region. Free trade, wont mean much to anyone when that happens. I would prefer that America stay out of it, except when our strategic interests demands we act.

Initially it was the american companies which were coming here and setting up shop...but now India's investment in foreign countries mostly to united states is more than 23 billion. Every billion produces approximately 150,000 well paid jobs in united states guaranteed for 10 years. So, you see it is a two way street and our markets are more entrenched and you find synergy in our bilateral trade and investment.

Not only am I not, but I will no longer respond to your venomous posts. You're just another poor, sad little foreigner, sucking western tit in Australia, working for western bosses and so you need to lash out about it. Your own homeland is such a pitiful mess that you had to tuck tail and flee to find a nice westerner to work for and so now you accuse those who point that out of being racists. What a pathetic douch-bag!

Uh.

I am not lashing out at all; in fact, I am entirely happy with the set up.

You seem to be the only one here huffing and puffing.

Uh.

I am not lashing out at all; in fact, I am entirely happy with the set up.

You seem to be the only one here huffing and puffing.
Oh, I'm not huffing and puffing. I've just seen your act before, performed by many others. Rather than take ownership of your own country's failings, of your own cultures failings, of your own values failings, you blame big, mean, ole' America. It saves you the trouble of asking yourself why you really had to flee your homeland and work for western bosses, rather than making your life in your own country. I know this all too well. "Blame America first" is as old a game in the developing world as there is.

Oh, I'm not huffing and puffing. I've just seen your act before, performed by many others. Rather than take ownership of your own country's failings, of your own cultures failings, of your own values failings, you blame big, mean, ole' America. It saves you the trouble of asking yourself why you really had to flee your homeland and work for western bosses, rather than making your life in your own country. I know this all too well. "Blame America first" is as old a game in the developing world as there is.

Oh, we are advocating exactly what YOU are advocating: that America should stop poking its nose all over the world.

If that's your definition of anti-American, then welcome to the camp.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom