What's new

India not willing to play by the rules: US lawmakers

Oh, we are advocating exactly what YOU are advocating: that America should stop poking its nose all over the world.

If that's your definition of anti-American, then welcome to the camp.
The difference is, unlike you or your kind, I'm not such a whiny little bit** that I blame my country's failures on others.

:omghaha:
......Good one.

The irony is that, many of these people who whine about migrants are hypocrites.

I bet half the "patriots" who show up at their conferences then go home to hire illegal mexicans because those guys are desperate, work hard, for less money, and can be kept in line with periodic references to la Migra (immigration).

They all want the cheap labor; they just don't want to look at them.

Apparently both of your English comprehension skills are poor. Either that, or you are just desperate. See, when I stated...

Americans are fed up with OUR politicians serving Beijing or New Delhi or Wall Street,

(And it's telling, Developereo, that you left out the "Wall Street", which makes it clear), WHO, exactly, was I blaming? Beijing? New Delhi? Or the unpatriotic American politicians who are in their pockets? Now lets read and sound out the words, class, and think about the meaning of that sentence. See the big, bolded, underlined, word in my sentence? :smart:

See, your retort would have been funny.....had it actually been true.

@Developereo, you have been talking of India's back office and software industry calling them cheap on other threads a while back, good to see the tables turned on you and you being shown the mirror. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
WHO, exactly, was I blaming? Beijing? New Delhi? Or the unpatriotic American politicians who are in their pockets?

Oh, I understood you just fine.

I highlighted the part that was implied before, but you spelled out just now.

This is exactly what others say: that their politicians are bought out by foreign countries.

Oh, I understood you just fine.

I highlighted the part that was implied before, but you spelled out just now.
Well, no you couldn't have because if you did understand it, then you would have understood that my complaint was with American politicians, which makes what you thought was a clever retort....utterly meaningless.

@Developereo, you have been talking of India's back office and software industry calling them cheap on other threads a while back, good to see the tables turned on you and you being shown the mirror. :lol:

Not at all.

I have always maintained, and continue to do so, that the vast bulk of India's IT revenue comes by bidding cheap. It does not mean that there aren't pockets of smart Indians doing top-level work, but they don't account for the lion's share of the revenues.

Last edited by a moderator:
The irony is that, many of these people who whine about migrants are hypocrites.

I bet half the "patriots" who show up at their conferences then go home to hire illegal mexicans because those guys are desperate, work hard, for less money, and can be kept in line with periodic references to la Migra (immigration).

Cheap labor does not have to equal citizenship. Many prefer the Japanese and GCC model where they are given a free ticket home.

Well, no you couldn't have because if you did understand it, then you would have understood that my complaint was with American politicians, which makes what you thought was a clever retort....utterly meaningless.

Oh, you can dance around but, as I wrote, this is exactly what others mean when they say America is meddling in their country.

Here, I will quote it once again so you can ponder on it

This is exactly what others say: that their politicians are bought out by foreign countries.

When people say "America did this", it rarely means that there are actual Americans running around the country in jeeps. It usually means indirect control through locals.

Cheap labor does not have to equal citizenship. Many prefer the Japanese and GCC model where they are given a free ticket home.

Many prefer many things. The issue is how things are playing out in the US.

And I bet when you are around your western bosses, you don't let them know your views you express here, do you? You take those Australian dollars and act like a good little boy, don't you? Sure, that's what a brave patriot like yourself does when he needs a westerner to give you a paycheck. :lol:

And I bet when you are around your western bosses, you don't let them know your views you express here, do you? You take those Australian dollars and act like a good little boy, don't you? Sure, that's what a brave patriot like yourself does when he needs a westerner to give you a paycheck. :lol:

It's no secret that big corporations buy politicians. Why would I hide it from anyone?

Recently, there was noise about Australian work permits. People complaining were workers, unions, etc. Defending the permits were the big banks, mining companies, etc.

If you come here, we operate far more closely to the ideas we were founded on, then when I was born. We have finally solved two centuries of racial conflict. We far more greatly, protect individual rights and have much less corruption in government. We have far better respect for the rule of law then we used to in the south that I was born in back in the 1960's.

As to trade, sure, if it is in America's interest, than I am for it, but America's problem is not that we don't have enough cheap goods. Our problem is that we do not have enough good paying jobs for American workers. American wages have been falling do to our cowardly politicians who have laid down to the Chinese and Indians in trade deals, for example, that have cost American workers their jobs, so I for one, am an advocate of high trade barriers and am against signing any further trade deals that are not in the American people's interests, as opposed to Wall Street's interests.

global economy my friend means global jobs. we can't enjoy trading our goods just one way. and we can't make our prices as acceptable to 90% of the world. I think you are looking at trade agreements too narrowly. apple for example employs 500k workers in china. once this became an issue in the US ( talking point) - they moved to move many jobs back. that is how you and I / we can help american jobs ... but remember only 200 million market won't make apple profitable to their goals. so they still need to make the products in other markets with cheaper labor - to sell their other cheaper products. BTW have you looked at investments and jobs created by Indian firms or India itself in the US? and high paying jobs in particular? Just in terms of military deals it's no token jobs.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom