What's new

India not willing to play by the rules: US lawmakers

why are you trippin over a few folks who got all riled up because one congressman , whose hands are in the drug industry pockets - accused India? The ones ( Indians) who are trippin don't understand our system, don't get that we have very many idiotic congressmen in the US that blabber but UNLESS the white house says so- it does not matter. Let it go , they are being overtly sensitive...
Oh, I'm not angry. In fact, I don't really even care about that. It isn't this thread or it's topic. It really isn't any one poster or one thing anyone has said. It's just the cumulative education I have received by reading many posters here. Like I told the previous poster, far from expressing "superiority", I now just have the same attitude that so many have expressed on this forum. I think they are right. I used to actually believe that American policy was and should, although not always lived up to by us, be based on superior ideas of spreading democracy, the rule of law, individual rights, religious tolerance, etc. and that was best achieved through strong alliances with developing democracies like India. As many here have told me, that is not the case and it isn't with any country. Instead, it has been made clear to me that American policy is based purely on self-interest and that our idealistic efforts are not only not wanted, but are in fact, largely held in contempt and thought of as lies, and my country held in contempt along with them. I am not mad or riled up. To the contrary, I have just come around to agreeing with them. They are right. It is foolish and arrogant for America to think it has friends or that her ideas or efforts are appreciated, so I have come around to believing that from now on, America should be up-front. That we should only act out of self-interest, just as India, or Pakistan, or China. So when the other poster complained that American policies have cost Indian soldiers lives, I simply asked, "What care is that of mine?" India would and has, killed Pakistanis when India's interest were at risk so why in the world should I give a damn about how many Indians may die because of my country's self-interest? Fair is fair.

^why are you whining on this thread... just because few pharma lobbyist have to cut profits... jeez get a life

@Desertfalcon Yup you are right, there are no allies, just interests which I finally learned, harsh but truth.

As for India and US as allies, I mean except last few decades, US was always against India. I can back that up with decisions taken by US in the past.

But things changed, national interests brought both nations together, and no matter what you or I say, things have to be one equal and common terms between India and US.

One question, do you want American tax payers money to be used in creating instability in our region ? You did it for your self interest but if American war funded by US tax payers creates more terrorists in the region and affect the nearby countries, I am not talking about morality, because the terrorist organizations that US came after 9/11, were by product of Afghan war.

So you guys did sow the seed for it. We were just colllateral damage.

And India didn't beg before US for Aid. At least not our govt. Ask your own agencies who give aid to NGOs etc, why they do it.

I mean you are right, no need to use the tax payer money to help people around the world. Its about choices many US people make, if you want to argue, argue with them.

And where did I say, India is morally superior. To be honest, I often tell Indians that they dont know about what India do behind the curtain.

Its a long debate. May be you want US to stop meddling in others' affairs, well thats what US just can't do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah I referring to you as an sub standard immigrant group, way behind the Indian Americans in EVERY measure of success in the US and the largely seditious nature of you guys in the US. I being of Indian heritage have no place, desire or upbringing, to make racist or bigoted comments about anyone.

You statement is the most contradicting one of all. And I'm glad not all Indians are like you. And I am glad that not all Indians in the US are like you. You make a racist comment while regard yourself as not a racist in the same post is definitely below what an average Indian would do.

Oh, not a superiority complex at all. To the contrary, I now see things as many on this very forum have taught me. I have had the idealism purged completely from me. I have been told repeatedly that no country has friends or allies, just self-interest. Just exactly like India, yes? Surely you are not arguing that India is morally superior, right? That is what you have accused America of and so you wouldn't be arguing that, yes? So you say that when America has acted in her interest that it has cost Indian soldiers lives. My answer, given my new, completely non-idealist approach is...who cares? That is your country's problem, not mine. America should act exactly like India or Pakistan, or China, etc., and so just as they could care less who their policies kill if it's in the national interest and just as your country could care less if your policies kill Pakistanis, if you deem it in your national interest, then why in the world should we Americans give a damn how many Indians die because of ours? Fair is fair. I used to think our countries were allies but posters like you have convinced me of that folly. So don't complain, just realize, we are NOT friends. Our countries are NOT friends and I only now care about American lives. I could care less what happens to your people. They undoubtedly hate America and blame her for all their own problems, in any event, just as you have here, so why should I care what happens to them?

The worst part is that many foreigner such as Indians immigrated, gain citizenship while cursing America in their swearing in ceremony. To become an America means to give up loyalty to other nations and be completely devoted to America. Otherwise, don't become a US citizen and go home.

Dont forget if US wants to hurt you for that it can. it doesnt matter even if you are in 2030.

US is not more developed than Turkey

we need their markets as much as they need our markets. Learn to give and take. India in no pushover....

@Desertfalcon Yup you are right, there are no allies, just interests which I finally learned, harsh but truth.

As for India and US as allies, I mean except last few decades, US was always against India. I can back that up with decisions taken by US in the past.

But things changed, national interests brought both nations together, and no matter what you or I say, things have to be one equal and common terms between India and US.

One question, do you want American tax payers money to be used in creating instability in our region ? You did it for your self interest but if American war funded by US tax payers creates more terrorists in the region and affect the nearby countries, I am not talking about morality, because the terrorist organizations that US came after 9/11, were by product of Afghan war.

So you guys did sow the seed for it. We were just colllateral damage.

And India didn't beg before US for Aid. At least not our govt. Ask your own agencies who give aid to NGOs etc, why they do it.

I mean you are right, no need to use the tax payer money to help people around the world. Its about choices many US people make, if you want to argue, argue with them.

And where did I say, India is morally superior. To be honest, I often tell Indians that they dont know about what India do behind the curtain.

Its a long debate. May be you want US to stop meddling in others' affairs, well thats what US just can't do.
Oh, I agree. I am retired military and a party official in my political party, albeit, a minor one. But I do have some influence and we have congressional elections coming up. I know my congressman personally and he knows me. I will be using that influence to move him and my party toward a new American nationalism and one that does not "meddle" nearly as much so if Arabs want to slaughter Arabs or Muslims want to kill Muslims or Hindus, or if Pakistanis and Indians want to annihilate each other in a nuclear exchange, as long as the radiation does not drift America's way, have at it. Why should we care? You people have been murdering each other for generations and my new thinking is that not one bit of that is worth a single American life. It's not that I think we are superior, far from it. I just no longer care, like I used to, about what happens to you. Most hate my country anyway or think we do more harm than good so to hell with it. I just no longer care. As for collateral damage, well, if countries like Pakistan, or Afghanistan want to allow themselves to be used as a base for terrorists to strike at American interest, then they should not complain when American missiles come crashing down on their heads. They clearly don't care about American lives. And yes, it was a mistake for America to arm the Afghanis back in the 1980's. It would have been far better for American interest had we simply let the Soviets commit full scale genocide on the people there, without restraint. Maybe then, we would not have had to intervene after 9-11-2001. From now on, that will be the policy that I support. They will be killing and torturing each other long after we're gone anyway.

I do think it best though that America just stay out of it all as much as possible. We have no business supporting democracy where it is not wanted and/or nothing but a joke and so I could care less if every Syrian slaughters every other Syrian, or which gang of criminals or sociopaths want to run Egypt or Libya, just as long as they don't do it on the American tax-payer's dime and it doesn't cost American lives. From now on, I will work on and support any politician in my country that is in favor of ending all foreign aid to all but our most proven allies, like Israel, and I will support policies aimed at cutting off all military agreements, alliances, etc., that are not strictly in America's interest. I will make it clear to my Congressman that countries, (like India, among others), are absolutely NOT our friend and we are fools to act as if they are. I will support tightening our borders, closing down immigration except from truly friendly and appreciative countries and support unilateral military action when it is in America's interest and then, we should strike hard and not care too much about stepping on toes. They will likely not be our friends anyway. It's best if America no longer meddles and comes home and secures our own borders and only strikes when it's in our interest, no matter who it pisses off. Let Red China and Russia be the center of the world's stage for awhile. They will give no one any illusions about an idealistic foreign policy ot any sort of democratic values or human rights or religious sensibilities.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/16/sarah-palin-syria-let-allah-sort-it-out/

I now agree with Sarah. :agree:

we need their markets as much as they need our markets. Learn to give and take. India in no pushover....
We don't need India's or anyone else's markets. America is a bastion of bountiful food producing lands and productive factories and people. What we need, is high tariffs so for example, Indian and Chinese cheap labor does not compete with Americans who need jobs.

@Desertfalcon Good for you. But remember, economy also plays an important role here. US just can't ignore India, no matter what you say to your Congressman.

For your companies to sell products, on large scale, you do need a huge market, and you can't do that if you have policies against India. You have to counter China which has booming economy and military power.

How are you going to maintain the upper edge and how long with you ignore a country which has 1/7 of world's entire population ?

The things are not that simple as it looks like. The cross connections and linkages are too complex to understand.

I wish US can go back to ideals it started on, but in REAL sense, not in distorted ones with hidden agenda.

India begged for USA help. Then India backstabbed USA. It's time for USA to impose no fly zone and regime change.

You are like this always or Always you are like this.....

There is a reason to say not to go out on hot sun..... You should take a lemon and apply on your head! It cools off!

On Topic: In India, Indian rules apply!

We don't need India's or anyone else's markets. America is a bastion of bountiful food producing lands and productive factories and people. What we need, is high tariffs so for example, Indian and Chinese cheap labor does not compete with Americans who need jobs.

US is ditched with lots of Chinese Imports, Almost 90% of articles are NOT made in USA... Atleast I don't see many "Made in USA"... The Chinese are even exporting the wooden floor for US homes, So day by day they are making US lazy!

I bought a souvenir in my last year trip of Statue of liberty... ALL are made in China!

You are like this always or Always you are like this.....
There is a reason to say not to go out on hot sun..... You should take a lemon and apply on your head! It cools off!
On Topic: In India, Indian rules apply!
I actually like this character. At least he has one position and one can expect that he will always post such stuff.

At least he is not a Two face. :D

@Desertfalcon Good for you. But remember, economy also plays an important role here. US just can't ignore India, no matter what you say to your Congressman.

For your companies to sell products, on large scale, you do need a huge market, and you can't do that if you have policies against India. You have to counter China which has booming economy and military power.

How are you going to maintain the upper edge and how long with you ignore a country which has 1/7 of world's entire population ?

The things are not that simple as it looks like. The cross connections and linkages are too complex to understand.

I wish US can go back to ideals it started on, but in REAL sense, not in distorted ones with hidden agenda.
If you come here, we operate far more closely to the ideas we were founded on, then when I was born. We have finally solved two centuries of racial conflict. We far more greatly, protect individual rights and have much less corruption in government. We have far better respect for the rule of law then we used to in the south that I was born in back in the 1960's.

As to trade, sure, if it is in America's interest, than I am for it, but America's problem is not that we don't have enough cheap goods. Our problem is that we do not have enough good paying jobs for American workers. American wages have been falling do to our cowardly politicians who have laid down to the Chinese and Indians in trade deals, for example, that have cost American workers their jobs, so I for one, am an advocate of high trade barriers and am against signing any further trade deals that are not in the American people's interests, as opposed to Wall Street's interests.

The worst part is that many foreigner such as Indians immigrated, gain citizenship while cursing America in their swearing in ceremony. To become an America means to give up loyalty to other nations and be completely devoted to America. Otherwise, don't become a US citizen and go home.

I have seen Americans whose family lived in US for 150 years used to say that they have roots in Ireland or spain or Italy..... It can NEVER ever happen!

And who are you to say that? Who gave you that right?

^why are you whining on this thread... just because few pharma lobbyist have to cut profits... jeez get a life
Actually, I have not even read the article in the OP and have no real idea what it is about, but you don't really care anyway, so why bother?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom