What's new

India nears catapult decision for second indigenous carrier

This is an empire that exist in Indian subcontinent in ancient times. And after this empire split into small pieces, no nation claim itself as the continuation of Maurya state while declare other states as illegitimate. So Maurya is just an empire for itself in its own time. For example, Iraq is not a continuation of Babylonian empire. Neither is India today to Maurya.

A Han Chinese waving a Taiwanese flag while sitting in US is the last person to say these words...:rofl:
go teach it to ur beloved CPC who is trolling atleast a dozen nations with its distorted history:)

Now on topic: This move was initiated by the DGND about 2-3 years ago, however the question was whether USA would make available the required technology for EMALS. Steam Cat technology was forthcoming from the US but the IN did not want to use it since it involved the use of a Steam Generation Plant which the IN has principally decided to eschew in favor of GT and Diesel plants. This news report indicates that there may be forward movement on the EMALS front. Needless to say, if it fructifies it will lead to major redesign of the Bow Section and Flight Deck of the subsequent Carrier(s). That has been mentioned in the news report itself.

All in all, seems to be a positive development.

It's not that IN don't want to use steam catapults, but EMALS is the latest tech and will be mature when IAC 2 will be ready for induction too, so for the better future potential prefering this system over the older once is the right choice. However, the question remain will the US offer us catapults at all and under what conditions?

It was not a country though. It's the British that created India.
It was not a country though. It's the British that created India.

Colonial Stuff may be too difficult for Chinese

If yo usay the State or Coutnry of India only exist after 1947, you are saying the same thing as the Commonwealth of Australia only exist on 1986.

Indian National Congress were established in 1885 and that was the birth of modern india, i will not go in deep and agrue whether acient india is a continous part of Today india. Being Govern by Britain does not mean the country is not of a country.

Australia cut its tie to the UK totally only after Australia Act was endoresed in 1986, so is it Australia, as a country does not exist before 1986?

When thre is a function government to a place, a country was born, who in charge does not matter.

While the government of a country is differnet. Indian Government only exist after 1947, does not mean India does not exist pre-1947
so does the Commonwealth Government of Australia only exist after 1986, does not mean the coutnry of Australia does not exist pre-1986
and finally the Communist Party Government of China only exist after 1949, does not mean, China, as a country, does not exist pre-1949....

You need to be able to seperate Country from Government.

Back on topic, I think catapult should be on the new carrier fro mnow on, unless Indian want to keep the small plane carrier, that will be another story

It's not that IN don't want to use steam catapults, but EMALS is the latest tech and will be mature when IAC 2 will be ready for induction too, so for the better future potential prefering this system over the older once is the right choice. However, the question remain will the US offer us catapults at all and under what conditions?

No, Sancho. As I know it, IN has nearly written off the Steam Cat option; and for the reasons that I have outlined above. However, the OP is sourced from a news report not an official statement so actually it is still speculative yet. Of course the reliability of the journalist's source will determine the degree of speculation. But the very fact that this has appeared in print is indicative of forward movement on the EMALS option. Conclusive evidence of that is still to come.
And I still know that DGND is still mulling over either Ski-jump or EMALS (if available). In a relatively short time-frame, the internal decision will get taken; and the Americans will make a committment.

No, Sancho. As I know it, IN has nearly written off the Steam Cat option; and for the reasons that I have outlined above. However, the OP is sourced from a news report not an official statement so actually it is still speculative yet. Of course the reliability of the journalist's source will determine the degree of speculation. But the very fact that this has appeared in print is indicative of forward movement on the EMALS option. Conclusive evidence of that is still to come.
And I still know that DGND is still mulling over either Ski-jump or EMALS (if available). In a relatively short time-frame, the internal decision will get taken; and the Americans will make a committment.

IN is on the hunt for catapults for nearly a decade now, why would they limit themselfs now with either EMALS or nothing, especially when steam catapults are still a major advantage over the ski-jump take off? That would be silly from IN and we have seen several reports from active and retired IN officials that urges the need for catapults for the next carrier, no matter which generation. I am pretty sure as of today that we get catapults this time, but I am unsure about which one and moreover about the a conditions.

Hey.. seriously, if end of british rule is considered to be a measure of when country came into existence then China wasn't there before 1999 .. :woot:

Hey.. seriously, if end of british rule is considered to be a measure of when country came into existence then China wasn't there before 1999 .. :woot:

Actually, that was the portugese government handing back Macau in 1999, the Brits handed back Hong Kong in 1997........I am just saying...

THE OP IS BEING WARNED ABOUT BOLD AND COLORING LIKE A FIVE YEAR OLD.
Please use bold only where emphasis is needed.. It simply looks childish or more like a 16 year old girl sending a letter to her friend.
Professional writing would be appreciated since it is also easier on the eyes apart from looking less like an excited puppy and more like a serious discussion.
This is NOT the first time the OP has indulged in this.

thanks for the accurate info.. nevertheless, China came into being only in 1990s..

lol no problem, and yeah, their logic is way off.....

On Topic.

How many FGFA are Indian are going to get, does they have naval version.

And if Catapulted, Indian Perfer Rafale or F-35 or naval FAGA? I don't suppose MiG-29K is on the list. OR am i wrong?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom