What's new

India must help Pakistan

Im in Pakistan ..... i came here 2 week ago but staying here till the conditions improves... i am also working daily 5 hours with people to support them.... :pakistan:
I beg your pardon, sir.

I think that helping other people is always a noble goal, if the help is sincere. Just because two nations may be enemy today does not mean that they 100% have to be enemy for future generations.

USA war of 1812 vs. UK and Canada -- now all are best friends

England vs. France vs. Germany -- another example of close nations that are closer now, despite many wars in the past

carrying hate with you may serve you in this life, but do not poison the youth and future generations to carry such hate as well. the only hope both nations have for security and prosperity relies upon both nations having better relationships with one another than they do today.

Canada can give free health care to it's citizens because they don't have to worry about USA invading it. Imagine how much money could be saved if - despite current differences - relationship between India/Pak improved to the point that there was more government spending for social programs, and less on arms buildup?

Just food for thought. Carry on.

I am speechless seeing the attitude of some of my Pakistani friends. Fill with arrogance, even at the time of such calamity. We should be thinking of people badly affected and they need help from every quarters be it any country.
Yes I believe it will be a very good gesture from Indian part to create a direct link with the people by sending in aid.
Thanks & Ramadan Mubarak

I will request all indian fellows to please contribute whatever you can through the link given above!!!!!! Or through UN fund or PM flood relief fund!! For links contact Moderators!

our media is very insensitive guys..not even a single news about the disaster in pakistan. pathetic media. otherwise indians are very genuine in donations. there is lack of awareness among the masses. i am ashammed of so indifference to neighbouring country

Its traditional India helps Pakistan when theres a natural disater and Pakistan helps India when they have a natural disater. After that its back to the usual.

It's shameful the way some people behave. The people posting here obviously do not need the aid - they are well off. Ask the guys on the ground - they will accept aid from anyone. While we have problems with the likes of ISI and LeT - the common man who suffers is not a terrorist or an agent. If we can extend help to him or her, we should not think twice. Comparing the situation to Ladakh is ridiculous - the problem there is logistical more than anything else. If the infrastructure were good enough, the relief operations would have been on in full swing and many lives would have been saved. The floods in Pakistan are a lot more serious.

our media is very insensitive guys..not even a single news about the disaster in pakistan. pathetic media. otherwise indians are very genuine in donations. there is lack of awareness among the masses. i am ashammed of so indifference to neighbouring country

There was actually a lot off coverage for Pak floods up until couple of days ago..till Ladakh floods took place..now the Leh floods are the breaking and current news..hence .

evidence cant got to teens on net forums my gov already give to your gov and if you remember in sharam shekh manmohan accept in declreation abut balochistan.

and ohhhhhhhhhhhh aid keep with you we no need dushman se mang ker khany se acha hai bhooky mer jao pakistaniyo

I thik you should take a look at this sir..

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Indian quake aid reaches Pakistan

Indian quake aid reaches Pakistan

The shared disaster could consolidate tentative goodwill
India has delivered its first planeload of relief to Pakistan for the survivors of the region's devastating earthquake.
The move has raised hopes that the shared disaster may consolidate the tentative goodwill between the rivals.

Pakistan's High Commission in Delhi has opened a bank account in India for the first time to receive donations from the public for quake survivors.

Indian television is publicising the account prominently, along with disaster funds for Indian victims.

QUICK GUIDE

Kashmir dispute
India's second largest IT company, Infosys has also announced it is giving 10m rupees (about $226,000 in aid to each country.

The South Asian quake has claimed 23,000 lives, most of them in Pakistani-administered Kashmir. India has put its death toll at about 1,400.

'From the people of India'

The BBC's Jill McGivering says, for Pakistan, accepting help from India is still a sensitive issue.

Wednesday's airlift was the first of a series of planned consignments from India to Pakistan, and included items such as medicines, blankets and tents.

INTERNATIONAL AID
US: $50m
World Bank: $20m
Asian Development Bank: $10m
EU: $3.6m
Australia: $380,000
UK: $177,000 and 60-strong team
France: 40 doctors, medical supplies, sniffer dogs, 20 rescue workers
China: $6.2m, 49 rescuers, dogs, 17 tons of equipment
Japan: 50 rescue workers
Turkey: five teams of rescuers and 11 tonnes of aid
Russia: 30 rescuers, sniffer dogs, special equipment
Germany: $60,000
Local reports said the crates were labelled "from the people of India to the people of Pakistan", although the negotiating process which preceded them has been much more about the relationship between the two governments.

Pakistan at first did not accept India's offer, saying the relief supplies should be sent to India's own casualties.

And when Pakistan's prime minister confirmed the relief would be accepted, he also reminded reporters that Pakistan had flown supplies to India in the aftermath of the Gujarat earthquake in 2001.

'Opportunity'The long-standing rivals are engaged in a tentative peace process at the moment but tensions still exist.

The BBC's Jill McGivering in Delhi says some see this disaster as an opportunity for positive humanitarian gestures which could increase goodwill between the two neighbours.

But she says there are limits.

Pakistan has so far rejected an offer of military help which would involve allowing Indian troops access to Pakistani territory.

On Tuesday, a member of a Pakistan opposition party criticised the government for refusing India's helicopters.

Helicopters, he said, have no religion.

Last edited:
Pakistan has also lend a helping hand during the indian gujrat earthquake

CNN.com - Quake may improve India Pakistan ties - February 2, 2001

Quake may improve India Pakistan ties

A young quake survivor waits for treatment in a makeshift hospital
February 2, 2001
Web posted at: 7:18 AM EST (1218 GMT)

BHUJ, India -- The Indian earthquake that wrecked the lives of hundreds of thousands of people close to the border with Pakistan may serve the cause of peace between the rival nations.

CNN’s Kasra Naji reports that Pakistan’s leader General Musharraf is to contact his Indian counterpart Atal Behari Vajpayee to pass on his condolences. This will be the first contact between the leaders since General Musharraf came to power in 1999.

The tragedy and its aftermath could transcend decades of hostilities, says Naji.

"Pakistan is helping us and that is a matter of happiness. Today, possibly I will speak to General Musharraf on the phone. Maybe this will open up a way, in pain and sorrow a way. Maybe again some exchanges, something may come out of it," Vajpayee said Friday in New Delhi.

Tensions have run high with Pakistan over the disputed Himalayan region of Kashmir and peace talks have been hold on since 1999 when the neighbors stood on the brink of a fourth war.

"Pakistan and India should seize this opportunity to address the legacy problems, not only to address them but resolve them in the context of humanitarian relief," Pakistan's Foreign Minister Abdul Sattar said earlier.

Pakistan has supplied one planeload of blankets for the survivors of the quake and is due to send more. The process may even open the way for direct dialogue, Naji says.

Last edited:
Any assistance from India should be accepted without allowing them to negotiate with our strategic points...

This is no time to see who is your enemy and who is your friend.Every country willing to help is a friend.Moreover the people suffering on the ground would have nothing to do with politics..they are the common people who have to suffer always.

And we are helping as your friends.The issues stand where they are.Lets forget our enemity atleast now.

Aur hum koi bheekh toh de nahi rahe jo ap kabool nahi karenge...we are just trying to help our brothers across the border who are in trouble..like the way you did at the time of Gujarat earthquake.

I will request all indian fellows to please contribute whatever you can through the link given above!!!!!! Or through UN fund or PM flood relief fund!! For links contact Moderators!

How much of that contribution will be used for helping the flood affected and how much will be transferred into the hands of assorted groups like the JuD , HM, LeT to create mayhem in Kashmir and bomb Mumbai? No thanks!

Seeing the misery unfolding in flood hit areas of Pakistan, which one source indicated will cause about 1 crore(10 million) homeless.
Still some arrogant fools don't miss an opportunity to spit venom.
Aid dear friends is not to gain mileage or score points, it is a sincere desire to help. But seeing the attitude of so many haters in Pakistan, I think is one of the reasons the GOI is going slow in responding. Look how just the mention of word 'Aid' has evoked such abusive and insulting language from Pakistan members, I shrug to think what they would do if the actual aid is sent.
SO IT IS SUCH PEOPLE WHO ARE AN INSULT TO SOCIETY AND HUMANITY, THEY DESERVE NO SYMPATHY.

But for the information of all, Indian community is actively mobilizing people to contribute for flood help in Canada, and I am one person who is also involved. I request the moderators to not let our morale down by reading messages posted by such hate mongers, they are bringing a bad name to the forum and the country.:angry:

Back
Top Bottom