What's new

India moves to end primary teaching in English as Modi unveils major education reforms

And which is that?

Actually Joe is right with Tulu... a most wonderful language. I also love the sound of Telugu...the "Latin" of India.

But what I was referring to was Tamil aka Tamizh (more proper direct way to write the transliteration). The "zh" sound is very particular to Tamil and Malayalam (though lot of Malayalis mess up pronunciation of it too imo).

It's precise history and development is ongoing research and debate among linguists.

Another one is the ஃ letter which is ancient one again specific to Tamil...and quite strange in that its classified as neither vowel or consonant.

Hard to write its pronounciation (often simply transliterated even in Tamil as "akku"), has to be heard and learnt.

This is a kind of long conversation too.

Actually Joe is right with Tulu..

I was just playing the fool, but it is a wonderful language. The language of the Bunts, at that; who can fail to fall for it, considering? Except those who look at our own little Sushmita and bask in our self-sufficiency.

Good decision. It's a step in the right direction.

Quebec never fails to amaze you. People there thinks that they are more French than people in France. You may survive in Montreal but country side you have to become Quebecois

They are in quite many ways more French than those in France.

You see in France, they simply have the country and the country evolves as it does with history. This develops a certain psyche in France...even the name of the language is French (Francais) from France (from the Franks).

But French speakers in North America got pushed around a whole bunch...their identity undermined and suppressed in many ways, some quite horrible (for example the forced sojourns of the Acadians down to Lousiana delta and then many of them back up to Canada later...all because of the wars of the era and territory changing hands).

To them, the language has become something else entirely...including the specific variant and dialects here....it is their painful history of ancestors and the slow redemption and renewal over time. Even as the (catholic) religion has retreated in fits and bursts or more gently.....the language is the final edifice, the final stand. They have a 1000 different ways to express this....so yes they are very much more French in many ways than "France".... there are many quebec words from old French, faithfully retained and used liberally.... not used in France anymore for example.

It's a beautiful and properties are cheap

You have experience with Canada?

It is to be hoped that I will, and only to be expected, but it is also to be hoped that you will, although not expected. You, too, must not loose hope - oops, *lose hope.:D
images - 2020-07-31T114528.216.jpeg

They are in quite many ways more French than those in France.

You see in France, they simply have the country and the country evolves as it does with history. This develops a certain psyche in France...even the name of the language is French (Francais) from France (from the Franks).

But French speakers in North America got pushed around a whole bunch...their identity undermined and suppressed in many ways, some quite horrible (for example the forced sojourns of the Acadians down to Lousiana delta and then many of them back up to Canada later...all because of the wars of the era and territory changing hands).

To them, the language has become something else entirely...including the specific variant and dialects here....it is their painful history of ancestors and the slow redemption and renewal over time. Even as the (catholic) religion has retreated in fits and bursts or more gently.....the language is the final edifice, the final stand. They have a 1000 different ways to express this....so yes they are very much more French in many ways than "France".... there are many quebec words from old French, faithfully retained and used liberally.... not used in France anymore for example.

True, I've been told by French (friends from Thales) that Quebec uses old (traditional) French.

You have experience with Canada?
Never worked in Canada but I've been to Quebec, Ottawa several time for personal and business trips.
Also, I've been to France for numerous times and longest stay was approx 2 months.
I do have few lifelong Friends in Canada and France.

I never learned the difference in school between and the other n of Hindi.
You have to roll your tongue for ण. न is normal and literally pronounced as 'na'. The 'a' in 'na' is the pronunciation of 'a' in the word 'above'. is more of a nasal sound.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom