What's new

India moves to end primary teaching in English as Modi unveils major education reforms

this.

should have been done by Ashok in Mayuryan dynasty IMO like Qin Shi Huang did
Qin Shi Huang didnt impose Mandarin as the de co facto language but he burn off and ban other type of Chinese character and solid-ate only one type. This makes Chinese situation far better than India. We speaks many dialect but there is only one type of Chinese character.

Mandarin becomes the official language during Ming dynasty and inherit by Qing dynasty who abandon their own Manchu language. CCP follows what our ancestor left for us hundred over years ago.

Just stay right where you are!

The men in white will be there soon.
images - 2020-07-22T130339.756.jpeg

Noone in North America likes the Frenchies of Canada, all the NHL and Stanley Cup fans have beef with them

Yah the habs are a special kind of rowdy jerks lmao. You have to know what working class of montreal history was to know more. No one likes them indeed...but they prefer it that way. Closest I can think of in US terms is pittsburgh (Steelers).

After all they have the greatest history in Canada in hockey...and it will come to blows if you think different and let them know. tbh Leafs really cant compare....oilers had gretsky thats about it....every other team in Canada is kind of hobby team in comparison....no one does Hockey, maple (erable) syrup and attitude like quebecers. It become all the more apparent given most top Canadian players by raw numbers go play for American teams....so the legacy of Habs accomplishment stands out even more....they feel they are owed the recognition no matter how foul they are lol.

Economy in doldrums, under his watch India has become epicentre of covid19, spanked by Pakistan, humiliated by China, all he can think of is to make his ram temple and change the curriculum.

How fitting:

51f2pMJ4GlL._SX350_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Trivia humdinger coming up.

Do you know the only two educational institutions in the world entitled to battle honours on their flags?

I know of McGill. Received for their contingents action in 1917 Arras.

1917 Percival Molson was KIA in WW1 in France. The stadium in McGill is named after him.

I believe you told me the other one was a college in Lucknow....for 1857 defence of Lucknow.

My bad, but to defend my case, I don't see Hindi speakers using a lot. In fact, they always struggle while pronouncing ण, ळ, ष, etc.
I'm exception!

Started, school early. Studied in girls only school for first few years. :D
Never attend co-ed schools. Learnt Sanskrit, Punjabi and Telugu by high school. Completed 10th std. before before my 14th Birthday.
English was and is a hard to get dream girl I'm trying to know till this day.

We speaks many dialect but there is only one type of Chinese character.

That's what they are talking about - devanagari script is used all over north India, in variations, for several different languages, from the Punjab down to Maharashtra and Gujarat in the west, and to Assam in the east.

I know of McGill. Received for their contingents action in 1917 Arras.

1917 Percival Molson was KIA in WW1 in France. The stadium in McGill is named after him.

I believe you told me the other one was a college in Lucknow....for 1857 defence of Lucknow.

La Martiniere Lucknow.

The French have to get involved one way or the other.

@sms

You have to roll your tongue for ण. न is normal and literally pronounced as 'na'. The 'a' in 'na' is the pronunciation of 'a' in the word 'above'. is more of a nasal sound.

As my early stage was in Urdu, it was really difficult for me to speak बाण correctly. I also found ष very challenging, so never really bothered to learn the difference in school. ICSE board in the '90s (not sure about today) had more in common with England's education system than India's. Some of us were preparing for Sixth Form in the UK because they would be transferring there eventually (ICSE allows you to transfer from India to UK and other Commonwealth countries without any hassles!). Basically, in my school and board, it was doable to not learn Hindi/Marathi much if you so chose. We had another language option called French: I took it for a year, but got bored and actually switched back to Marathi as it was easier to bunk those classes (our French teacher was a jerk).

I don't think any Indian kid even in CBSE does complete novels by Charles Dickens and Jane Austen before senior secondary. We had A Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations, Oliver Twist, David Copperfield, Pride and Prejudice, in our syllabus. Exactly the same upbringing as a public school child in England right here in Bombay (Mumbai). We also had Shakespeare's 16-18 plays including Othello, King Lear, Hamlet, Romeo & Juliet, Macbeth, The Tempest...the entire focus of ICSE used to be English.

However, it wasn't the same in public grounds. Some extreme private schools in India that are synced with ICSE actually used to have "God saves the Queen" in the parade ground...right on Indian soil. Of course, we had to do Jana Gana Mana and Sare Jahan Say Acha.

I believe that kind of British-oriented syllabus has now been diluted in India in recent years even in ICSE, and now more of the Indian languages are enforced. But some private schools might still remain an exception. Also, the demand for "British-ness" is much less in urban India...everyone looks up to the USA, lol. Indians.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom