What's new

India-Israel Alliance Part II: A Steady Forging of Ties

Like salala, Raymond Davis and drones, yeah we are licking.

Not sure how that is relevant.. seems like the usual drag of X to try and salvage an argument in Y effort on your part.
How are Pakistani-US ties relevant to an Indian members rather humorous claim of the US and India being "brothers in arms" against Islamic extremism for "ages".

I think what he meant to say is - Both India and Israel have been fighting the same extremist ideology for ages and that does not mean they have been fighting it together. India and Israel did not have best of the relations not a very long back and India did all it could to some how please the extremists by supporting them but what did we gain out of it? Nothing and then India and Israel started understanding one another and we both know for survival we have to fight together against an extremist and violent ideology. So with time we developed a mature relation which is in favor of both the countries...

But they havent been.. at least not India..not until before 89.. when the Kashmir valley flooded with insurgents.

Not sure how that is relevant.. seems like the usual drag of X to try and salvage an argument in Y effort on your part.
How are Pakistani-US ties relevant to an Indian members rather humorous claim of the US and India being "brothers in arms" against Islamic extremism for "ages".

It was relevant for the troll post of your countrymen. Go through the conversation again and you will get the point..

But they havent been.. at least not India..not until before 89.. when the Kashmir valley flooded with insurgents.

It took it's due course but now we know what is good for us and what's not. We may be late in clubbing together but the relationship being forged will remain solid for the times to come..

It was relevant for the troll post of your countrymen. Go through the conversation again and you will get the point..

It took it's due course but now we know what is good for us and what's not. We may be late in clubbing together but the relationship being forged will remain solid for the times to come..

I did.. and it seems the "trolling" started way back.. in the manner of "X is bad for you in the unrelated Q".

Point being.. when countering statements.. trolling for trolling makes little sense.

Maybe now India has taken a more aggressive stance against Islam.. but previously there was not.

@Oscar

May be recognizing PLO should be considered keeping in mind that India has sizeable Muslim population. As people in this sub-continent have high emotional quotient, the government has to keep the reaction of the people when dealing with few nations. You can look at case of UNHRC voting in case of Sri Lanka and protest by Tamils in India.

Acting according to maintain domestic stability and maintaining good relations with conflicting parties is one of the toughest job for MEA. Indian policy makers have to keep so many things in mind and from our history, its evident that they succeeded. Israel got the backing of US and both Indian and Israel's govt. knows how to cooperate, keeping back channel contacts while for people, keeping a neutral or opposite stance

I repeat,

Foreign policy is not just about maintaining balancing relations with two rival countries but also how to balance our relations with a nation and public sentiment at home.

Coming to your argument of Lynchpin of Soviets, well we did followed NAM but one can't ignore the fact that Pakistan asked US for military id and weapons just after few years of its inception and $ s came flowing as US needed a nation in this region considering the rise of Communism in Soviet and China. For that India needed to have equal counter weight of US, which was Soviet and it did came handy during 1971 war. They also provided us with weapons too.

But Indo-Russian relationship wasn't like US-Pakistan relationship. And you do know it.

Coming again to foreign policy, if you don't know, when India and US were increasing ties with deals like CND, focus on trade etc., India was voting against US in UN, once even more than Cuba.

So my point is there is nothing called rubbing it on your enemy. Its just about national interests.Get what we can how we can. World is not about all singing and dancing cr@p in the world. And India don't go high morality level in absolute sense as even Indian people think, but only in relatively higher level according to our Foreign Policy and to build trust of the world on us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oscar, two points. a) Arguments should be made in civility. Boot licking is not civil.
b) We have alliance as well as difference of opinion with west, that does not make us boot licker. Also not sure why Pakistani makes a big deal on our relationship with Israel and US. I believe we do better than naming masters at the drop of hat.

Maybe now India has taken a more aggressive stance against Islam.. but previously there was not.

No way!! Aggressive stance against extremist/separatists is not equivalent to aggressive stance against Islam.. Please stop making conspiracies out of my innocent comments!!
Even Israel is fighting for their own land and lives, I personally believe they got nothing against Islam as a religion.

Since how many ages??

Since India was made? Well India was the first to recognize the PLO outside of the urbie states... How much "brotherhood" that must have shown to Israel..
India had officers training Egyptian airmen in 73.. how very "brotherly"..

India was for long the lynchpin of Soviet policy in the Indian Ocean..
so much so that the Americans considered attacking India at one point.. not too many ages ago.

The Americans.. poured in Billions of dollars of aid.. along with their greatest ally after Isreal known as Saudi Arabia..into financing these "ideologies".

So , please... when you are going to make a message of all out support in an effort to rub it in for your enemy.. at least do with a bit more pizazz and research rather than just hot headedness.

Like how you maintain Relationship with US from 1971 till Now.....would you ever think they help you anymore

Nowadays Relationship with Israel is more and More stronger day by day...after Russia India made Israel as his favorite ally ..

In my View First is Israel

Need to figure out how to achieve a "soft landing" in the region, for which several things are required -

- Controlling extremist organizations like Hamas
- Ensuring a reasonable standard of living for Palestinians not only in West Bank and Gaza but also in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon and Egypt
- How can Iran and its friends become more moderate as regards Israel?
- Can Israel and Gulf Arabs accommodate legitimate Iranian regional aspirations?
- As regards Iranian nukes, that is the hard problem. Any nation that feels threatened and does not have an alliance that guarantees its security may feel a need for nukes. For example Japan and South Korea may develop nukes if alliance with the US is discontinued for any reason. In that context Iran may also feel the need for nukes but then how to ensure that Iran becomes democratic and moderate, instead of seeking the collapse of Israel.

Like how you maintain Relationship with US from 1971 till Now.....would you ever think they help you anymore

Nowadays Relationship with Israel is more and More stronger day by day...after Russia India made Israel as his favorite ally ..

In my View First is Israel

Does anybody see Pakistan being talked about?
Have I mentioned Pakistan..
was it soo difficult in your head.. your gut.. to keep Pakistan out?
When all else failed a tiny 3 mv discharge went off in your brain and suggested "Drag in Pakistan!".

I don't know by not having relations with Israel, how Pakistan is helping Palestine? India close of Israel have many time better relation with Iran & Arab countries and also reaping the benefit of technology. Pakistan is only holy cow to be slaughter for every Ummah Cause.

I don't know by not having relations with Israel, how Pakistan is helping Palestine? India close of Israel have many time better relation with Iran & Arab countries and also reaping the benefit of technology. Pakistan is only holy cow to be slaughter for every Ummah Cause.

In Past(1971 to be exact) Pakistan has helped Palestine 'generously' by killing 25,000 Palestinians what is know as BLACK SEPTEMBER in Jordan.

Black September in Jordan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please help one more time , Palestine will be wiped off from the face of the earth. What a help !

Back
Top Bottom