Country
Pakistan
India is more secular than Pakistan: Kalki
india-is-more-secular-than-pakistan-kalki-7f1029266b55f565d0605cbad974a26f.jpg

By:
Web Desk

24-Jan-17

Shares

MUMBAI: Yeh Jawani hai deewani’s actress Kalki Koechlin finds Indians to be more secular than Pakistanis.

Kalki has worked with a Pakistani filmmaker Sabiha Sumar on a documentary film Azmaish.

According to sources, she has visited rural Sindh for the documentary and interacted with them regarding the current socio political issues.

“Usually, we see the two countries through the prism of conflict. Or cricket, which is also conflict. With Azmaish, we try to understand India-Pakistan from a different perspective. It arises from the need to know this person across the border, without the media or the politics playing a role. It’s about what the common man on the street has to say,” she said.

She voiced her opinion on the India-Pakistan relationship, focusing on the major difference that sets the two nations apart despite the similarities. “I realised that despite the obvious similarities in culture and language, India and Pakistan are vastly different nations. Both have glaring issues and need to look inward, rather than point fingers at each other. The project made us wonder if we are looking for a religious identity in India now, and what that did to Pakistan”, she stated.

Kalki expressed about her experience in Pakistan, stating, “I met some girls in Pakistan who told me about their secret ambition of wanting to act when they grow up but how society wouldn’t permit. We met some feudal landlords in Pakistan, and one of them was very open to conversation despite the fact that we criticised him lot.”

http://dailytimes.com.pk/life-and-s...&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork
Agree 100% with the red part

An Indian involved in a documentry on Pakistan it will most likely be a negative one
@django @The Sandman @Hell hound @Moonlight
BTW she is Sharmila Faroqi,s cousin no?

Last edited:
India is more secular than Pakistan: Kalki
india-is-more-secular-than-pakistan-kalki-7f1029266b55f565d0605cbad974a26f.jpg

By:
Web Desk

24-Jan-17

Shares

MUMBAI: Yeh Jawani hai deewani’s actress Kalki Koechlin finds Indians to be more secular than Pakistanis.

Kalki has worked with a Pakistani filmmaker Sabiha Sumar on a documentary film Azmaish.

According to sources, she has visited rural Sindh for the documentary and interacted with them regarding the current socio political issues.

“Usually, we see the two countries through the prism of conflict. Or cricket, which is also conflict. With Azmaish, we try to understand India-Pakistan from a different perspective. It arises from the need to know this person across the border, without the media or the politics playing a role. It’s about what the common man on the street has to say,” she said.

She voiced her opinion on the India-Pakistan relationship, focusing on the major difference that sets the two nations apart despite the similarities. “I realised that despite the obvious similarities in culture and language, India and Pakistan are vastly different nations. Both have glaring issues and need to look inward, rather than point fingers at each other. The project made us wonder if we are looking for a religious identity in India now, and what that did to Pakistan”, she stated.

Kalki expressed about her experience in Pakistan, stating, “I met some girls in Pakistan who told me about their secret ambition of wanting to act when they grow up but how society wouldn’t permit. We met some feudal landlords in Pakistan, and one of them was very open to conversation despite the fact that we criticised him lot.”

http://dailytimes.com.pk/life-and-s...&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork
Agree 100% with the red part
An Indian involved in a documentry on Pakistan it will most likely be a negative one
I think both countries are still intolerant we on religious bases and they on caste

I agree with Kalki in that both the countries are so different from one another in lots of ways. Except food and language, I find very few things common.

I agree with Kalki in that both the countries are so different from one another in lots of ways. Except food and language, I find very few things common.

Why do you Indians always have to make comparisons between Pakistan and India? What is your obsession?

Of course, we are different. We wouldn't have separated otherwise. Good thing you have started realizing this after 70 odd years.

Just mind you own business and stop handing out lectures.

There is no question that Indians are probably more secular than Pakistanis -- however there is no denying the huge religious element in India. In addition not acting is social conservatism that has existed in India as well..to put that down to Islam is an incorrect categorization.

Actually the documentary is produced by a Pakistani. Kalki is just a part of that. Both, an Indian and a Pakistani, travel across both countries to find out the differences and similarities between the two countries.

Why do you Indians always have to make comparisons between Pakistan and India? What is your obsession?

Of course, we are different. We wouldn't have separated otherwise. Good thing you have started realizing this after 70 odd years.

Just mind you own business and stop handing out lectures.

Calm down..I opined that India and Pakistan are vastly different countries...irrespective of some on PDF who think otherwise. This documentary proved that. I never gave any lecture to you. I didn't even quote you.

Clam down..I opined that India and Pakistan are vastly different countries...irrespective of some on PDF who think otherwise. This documentary proved that. I never gave an lecture to you. I didn't even quote you.

Just stop comparing Pakistan and India. The whole world already knows that Pakistan and India are different. We don't require a reminder. Stop pointing out the obvious.

Just stop comparing Pakistan and India. The whole world already knows that Pakistan and India are different. We don't require a reminder. Stop pointing out the obvious.

Why are you becoming hyper? This is an open forum. I can post what I feel about the topic. You can ignore me.

Why are you becoming hyper? This is an open forum. I can post what I feel about the topic. You can ignore me.

You are the one who is hyper and obsessed about constantly comparing Pakistan and India. According to your own admission there is nothing to compare. The fact that you are constantly comparing means that something is certainly nagging you people.

Just mind your own business.

There is no question that Indians are probably more secular than Pakistanis -- however there is no denying the huge religious element in India. In addition not acting is social conservatism that has existed in India as well..to put that down to Islam is an incorrect categorization.
thanks for pointing out this very important but neglected/overlooked fact. we seem to cover it under the garb of communalism or casteism, but at the core we are very conservative. however, this is changing for good.

ignition point of his a$$ is lower than that of the temperature of ice. just enjoy him

Back
Top Bottom