What's new

India is more secular than Pakistan: Kalki

Well thank God we are different.

I wouldn't want us to be a toiletless, poor as F*ck, backward, and uncultured country full of rapes...

Which one is more secular..Islamic republic of Pakistan or Secular republic of India.

No $hit Sherlock, Pakistan is not even a secular state to compared in same bracket as India.

Comparison is carried out between apples and apple, not apples and oranges.

India secularism can compared with, other secular countries of the world, like USA, France, etc.

Where as Pakistani secularism if need to be graded, can be compared with other theocracies of the world, like Saudi Arabia , Iran , Israel .

Why do you Indians always have to make comparisons between Pakistan and India? What is your obsession?

Of course, we are different. We wouldn't have separated otherwise. Good thing you have started realizing this after 70 odd years.

Just mind you own business and stop handing out lectures.

The thread was started by a Pakistani & Kalki is French. If she has given her view, it's her perspective. Why getting all worked up just because somebody said India is better. It's just someone's opinion.
Give her some beef to eat and watch the show...!:pop::pop::pop:

Of course she eats beef. She has traveled across the world & also lived in France & UK.

Kalki Koechlin is of French origin who was born in Pondicherry, India, to Joel Koechlin and Françoise Armandie. Pondicherry was a French colony & under French governance till 1954. Her parents came to India from Angers, France. She is a descendant of Maurice Koechlin, a French structural engineer, who played an important role in the design and construction of the Eiffel Tower.

Koechlin's parents are devotees of Sri Aurobindo. The family later settled in Kallatty, a village near Ooty in Tamil Nadu, where Koechlin's father established a business designing hang-gliders and ultralight aircraft. There are many foreigners who have made India their home.

Last edited:
india-is-more-secular-than-pakistan-kalki-7f1029266b55f565d0605cbad974a26f.jpg

By:
Web Desk

24-Jan-17

Shares

MUMBAI: Yeh Jawani hai deewani’s actress Kalki Koechlin finds Indians to be more secular than Pakistanis.

Kalki has worked with a Pakistani filmmaker Sabiha Sumar on a documentary film Azmaish.

According to sources, she has visited rural Sindh for the documentary and interacted with them regarding the current socio political issues.

“Usually, we see the two countries through the prism of conflict. Or cricket, which is also conflict. With Azmaish, we try to understand India-Pakistan from a different perspective. It arises from the need to know this person across the border, without the media or the politics playing a role. It’s about what the common man on the street has to say,” she said.

She voiced her opinion on the India-Pakistan relationship, focusing on the major difference that sets the two nations apart despite the similarities. “I realised that despite the obvious similarities in culture and language, India and Pakistan are vastly different nations. Both have glaring issues and need to look inward, rather than point fingers at each other. The project made us wonder if we are looking for a religious identity in India now, and what that did to Pakistan”, she stated.

Kalki expressed about her experience in Pakistan, stating, “I met some girls in Pakistan who told me about their secret ambition of wanting to act when they grow up but how society wouldn’t permit. We met some feudal landlords in Pakistan, and one of them was very open to conversation despite the fact that we criticised him lot.”

http://dailytimes.com.pk/life-and-s...&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork
Agree 100% with the red part

An Indian involved in a documentry on Pakistan it will most likely be a negative one
@django @The Sandman @Hell hound @Moonlight
BTW she is Sharmila Faroqi,s cousin no?

Thank you to remind us, but Pakistan never claim to be a secular state. Also please check our country full name again. Don't try to reinvent wheel again

Thank you to remind us, but Pakistan never claim to be a secular state. Also please check our country full name again. Don't try to reinvent wheel again
I posted this threas for a different reason not the reason you mentioned

India is more Plural than Pakistan .

India is more Pseudo-Secular than Pakistan
Stop calling India secular . It wasn't . isn't and never will be .
India is was and always will be a Plural country .
Don't put one party's views on rest of India .
India is neither Hindu nor secular .

00 (86).gif

Being secular is just a small part of Being Plural
India.gif

Well thank God we are different.

I wouldn't want us to be a toiletless, poor as F*ck, backward, and uncultured country full of rapes...
I think you are talking about Pakistan. Yes , you already are what you mentioned in your post. Look into yourself.

“I met some girls in Pakistan who told me about their secret ambition of wanting to act when they grow up but how society wouldn’t permit

yes. the current actresses of our drama and movie industries were imported back then from countries like Turkey, Lebanon, and Egypt.

what rubbish.

Pakistan is an Islamic republic not a secular blah blah. stupid thread

india-is-more-secular-than-pakistan-kalki-7f1029266b55f565d0605cbad974a26f.jpg

By:
Web Desk

24-Jan-17

Shares

MUMBAI: Yeh Jawani hai deewani’s actress Kalki Koechlin finds Indians to be more secular than Pakistanis.

Kalki has worked with a Pakistani filmmaker Sabiha Sumar on a documentary film Azmaish.

According to sources, she has visited rural Sindh for the documentary and interacted with them regarding the current socio political issues.

“Usually, we see the two countries through the prism of conflict. Or cricket, which is also conflict. With Azmaish, we try to understand India-Pakistan from a different perspective. It arises from the need to know this person across the border, without the media or the politics playing a role. It’s about what the common man on the street has to say,” she said.

She voiced her opinion on the India-Pakistan relationship, focusing on the major difference that sets the two nations apart despite the similarities. “I realised that despite the obvious similarities in culture and language, India and Pakistan are vastly different nations. Both have glaring issues and need to look inward, rather than point fingers at each other. The project made us wonder if we are looking for a religious identity in India now, and what that did to Pakistan”, she stated.

Kalki expressed about her experience in Pakistan, stating, “I met some girls in Pakistan who told me about their secret ambition of wanting to act when they grow up but how society wouldn’t permit. We met some feudal landlords in Pakistan, and one of them was very open to conversation despite the fact that we criticised him lot.”

http://dailytimes.com.pk/life-and-s...&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork
Agree 100% with the red part

An Indian involved in a documentry on Pakistan it will most likely be a negative one
@django @The Sandman @Hell hound @Moonlight
BTW she is Sharmila Faroqi,s cousin no?

probably true

I don't think an Islamic republic is to compare with non-Islamic nation. It's like comparing an apple to orange.

Back
Top Bottom