What's new

India gets wary of Obama

China is beginning to act more like a global superpower by playing an increasingly important role in its South Asian neighborhood, with growing interest in Afghanistan and Kashmir.

The United States, as the reigning superpower deeply involved in South Asia, essentially acknowledged China's stature in the region when the following paragraph found its way into the joint communique issued by President Barak Obama and President Hu Jintao at the end their recent summit in Beijing:

"The two sides welcomed all efforts conducive to peace, stability and development in South Asia. They support the efforts of Afghanistan and Pakistan to fight terrorism, maintain domestic stability and achieve sustainable economic and social development, and support the improvement and growth of relations between India and Pakistan. The two sides are ready to strengthen communication, dialogue and cooperation on issues related to South Asia and work together to promote peace, stability and development in that region."

Haq's Musings: China's Growing Role in Afghanistan, Kashmir

First of all, although I'm not a big fan of Aussies, no offence XDrive, but I believe the overall mood in Oceania itself isn't too friendly with India. Secondly, on what basis does your relationship with the Euro powers and Russia exist on? Weapons deal? You give them the money, they supply your the arms. They rip you off, you're happy, they're happy. You're all friends in the end? Is that how it works? Russia, from the beginning to now, could not be and still cannot be ever trusted. Look back at their history during the Cold War and you'll understand what I'm talking about. The best approach with them, is, to piss them off, buy their equipment, and brand it as your own. That's the best way to ditch the Mother Russians before they dump you.

You need a lot of research before commenting on India-Russia or India-EU relationship. But I am afraid you do not have that much time. So you came up with you own story. I have no problem with your views.

Now you asked a question about the basis of our relationship with EU and Russia; I will try my best to show you some facts. You have every right not to accept those facts.

Germany
•Germany is the third most important supplier country to Indian industry.
•India’s imports from Germany was €8.1 billion in 2008
•India’s exports to Germany was €5.25 billion in 2008
•Trade between these two countries was €13.4 billion in 2008.

Link

France
•India – France trade would reach $12 billion by 2012
•The total trade between India and the EU countries was pegged at USD 73 billion, of which France shared 12.14 per cent during 2007-08
•French company Areva has recently signed an MoU with Indian utility company, Nuclear Power Corporation of India limited (NPCIL), to set up a 1,650 MW nuclear power.

Link

If you want I can show you our trade figures with Canada, UK, Russia and other EU countries. I can also put the figures for our defense purchases from all these countries. The matter of the fact is India spend less than 3% its GDP on defense.

China is beginning to act more like a global superpower by playing an increasingly important role in its South Asian neighborhood, with growing interest in Afghanistan and Kashmir.

The United States, as the reigning superpower deeply involved in South Asia, essentially acknowledged China's stature in the region when the following paragraph found its way into the joint communique issued by President Barak Obama and President Hu Jintao at the end their recent summit in Beijing:

"The two sides welcomed all efforts conducive to peace, stability and development in South Asia. They support the efforts of Afghanistan and Pakistan to fight terrorism, maintain domestic stability and achieve sustainable economic and social development, and support the improvement and growth of relations between India and Pakistan. The two sides are ready to strengthen communication, dialogue and cooperation on issues related to South Asia and work together to promote peace, stability and development in that region."

Haq's Musings: China's Growing Role in Afghanistan, Kashmir

Great to see the rise of China as a super power. US tried to influence India on Kashmir for 40 years. Now it is the turn of China. Let’s see how many years does it take for China to convince India for at least taking to her on Kashmir.

A huriyat leader is now planning to go to China. Another great move. Let’s see whether China is giving him stapled visa or stamped visa. GOI has banned stapled visa.

All the Best to China:cheers: A new player entering Kashmir talk.

Great, enjoy the music. :cheers:
I don’t think US has stopped Drone attacks inside Pakistan. Please do correct me if I am wrong. Could you elaborate what 180 degree turn does Obama has taken? Have he offered Pakistan a similar nuclear deal like India?

Come on man, you know what I am talking about. I am talking about an invasion, which he said might be possible. I remember many indians being excited at that prospect. The 180 degree turn means all that invasion talk just a bluff to get support and he will never do it.

@Ahsan_r

Now this is just music to my ears. Not too long ago many indians were excited at the prospect of having Obama as president for the sole reason that Obama said that he may attack Pakistan. Now he has taken a 180 degree turn and has bluffed those people and indians in general, who are now complaining.

India: The world's top attention-whore. They still have to work so hard to get attention despite having 1/6 of world's population.

I have couple of discussions with you on a different thread so do know that you are hard core anti-india...but next time you open your mouth try not to make it ******...especially when it comes to my country...I can use similar names for Pakistan however i don't believe in that...

The purpose of this message was to let you know this kind of wordings is very offensive especially when we consider India like a mother...I hope you got the message :angry::tdown:

Few things to say

1. If you knew the meaning of the phrase, you would know that its not as bad an insult as you're making it out to be.

2. Indians have described Pakistan in much worse ways than I just did. You can describe Pakistan in whatever way you want, I couldn't care less.

Well, India tends to overestimate its own influence. When it is not recognized, India becomes quite insecure.

The key for the rest of the world is that, to respect a country, one needs to also admire the lifestyle. The lifestyle in India is hardly admirable, plagued by ethnic strifles, starvation/malnutrition, slums, ****** streets, corruption, and other types of chaos. Unlike Bush, Obama grew up in poverty, and he knows too well that being poor means you are denied of the basic human rights and dignity.

China's focus on economic development resonates with Obama's ideology. By eradicating hunger and massively facelifting city infrastructures, while promoting hygienic lifestyle, China has earned much respect from people like Obama.

What India needs to do is simple - feed the people and clean the country up.

Few things to say

1. If you knew the meaning of the phrase, you would know that its not as bad an insult as you're making it out to be.

Trust me i have the wisdom to understand the context in which you used the phrase but does that mean it is not offensive??

2. Indians have described Pakistan in much worse ways than I just did. You can describe Pakistan in whatever way you want, I couldn't care less.

Well you might have heard two wrongs don't make it right...If any member India/Pakistani is using that kind of derogatory language against one's country then object to it..the way i did..don't join the club...

I have talked to you before so thought i can ask you personally...Its up to you to take the advice or leave it...Mods in this forum will take care of it otherwise...

Ok I guess I went a bit too far. I won't apologize however because it's not that big of an insult. It's used very commonly in western countries and it is not normally considered that deregotary.

^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for considering it....I appreciate your response...:cheers:

Well, India tends to overestimate its own influence. When it is not recognized, India becomes quite insecure.

The key for the rest of the world is that, to respect a country, one needs to also admire the lifestyle. The lifestyle in India is hardly admirable, plagued by ethnic strifles, starvation/malnutrition, slums, ****** streets, corruption, and other types of chaos. Unlike Bush, Obama grew up in poverty, and he knows too well that being poor means you are denied of the basic human rights and dignity.

China's focus on economic development resonates with Obama's ideology. By eradicating hunger and massively facelifting city infrastructures, while promoting hygienic lifestyle, China has earned much respect from people like Obama.

Best I can tell India is doing a better job the Pakistan: A good bit better.

Per Capita Income

GDP - per capita (PPP):
India: $2,900 (2008 est.) (Growth rate 7.4 percent)(29th in World)
country comparison to the world: 167
$2,700 (2007 est.)
$2,500 (2006 est.)
note: data are in 2008 US dollars

Pakistan: GDP - per capita (PPP):
$2,500 (2008 est.) ((Growth rate 3.4 percent)(114th in World)
country comparison to the world: 173
$2,500 (2007 est.)
$2,400 (2006 est.)
note: data are in 2008 US dollars

Care to elaborate what you mean?? Out long term stand is that kashmir is a bilateral issue and Obama who is seen to be the one who will take Indo-US relations to next level suggested a possible interference by Chinese(later back-tracked by US and China to pacify india) which india vehemently opposed and you see it as attention seeker???

Sure. There is nothing really happening. India - US relations are great, there is no problems. People are just making out there problems "oh theres tensions etc" just so india can get a bit of attetion.

Exactly.

Mate, from your flag you seems to be an Australian. Your Govt. does not want to sell Uranium to India; we have no issue. We have Russia, France, Canada and other countries.

We got what we want from USA. That is NSG waiver. Now it is up to US and its companies whether they want to do business with India or not. If US do not wish to sell its defense equipment to India fine; we can procure them from Russia, France, Germany, Italy etc.

India will never do anything that will hurt its national interest. Be it signing NPT, CTBT or singing on legally binding emission cuts or trade negotiation on WTO.

Regarding Kashmir many US president had said many things about Kashmir in the past. Who cares what Obama said on Kashmir. Gone are the days of US dictatorship .

Regarding China, it will never play any constructive role in solving Kashmir problem.

I am sorry to tell you but no country in the United Nations will sell you uranium for nuclear weapons, for nuclear power yes, but not nuclear weapons.

Indian just wants attetion that's why they are getting nuclear weapons. They recognize that counties with nuclear weapons have power and influence, they wanna go "hey look at me i have nuclear weapons, you should listen and look at me!"

First of all, although I'm not a big fan of Aussies, no offence XDrive, but I believe the overall mood in Oceania itself isn't too friendly with India. Secondly, on what basis does your relationship with the Euro powers and Russia exist on? Weapons deal? You give them the money, they supply your the arms. They rip you off, you're happy, they're happy. You're all friends in the end? Is that how it works? Russia, from the beginning to now, could not be and still cannot be ever trusted. Look back at their history during the Cold War and you'll understand what I'm talking about. The best approach with them, is, to piss them off, buy their equipment, and brand it as your own. That's the best way to ditch the Mother Russians before they dump you.

No offence taken.

India doesn't have any influence whatsoever in Oceania and never will. No decisions made here are influence by india. Australia is the only major country in Oceania, so australia has the most influence.

I am sorry to tell you but no country in the United Nations will sell you uranium for nuclear weapons, for nuclear power yes, but not nuclear weapons.

Indian just wants attetion that's why they are getting nuclear weapons. They recognize that counties with nuclear weapons have power and influence, they wanna go "hey look at me i have nuclear weapons, you should listen and look at me!"

The bolded parts shows your ignorance about India and our nuclear neighbor hood..We has issue with China since 1962 and only after Chinese nuclear experiment we experimented our Bomb..Your country is protected by US nuclear bombs just like Japan..But for us we have to take care of our selves and we want to have minimum deterrence against our advisories..

The bolded parts shows your ignorance about India and our nuclear neighbor hood..We has issue with China since 1962 and only after Chinese nuclear experiment we experimented our Bomb..Your country is protected by US nuclear bombs just like Japan..But for us we have to take care of our selves and we want to have minimum deterrence against our advisories..

Uhhh nooo, America wouldn't go into nuclear for ANYONE, that's ANYONE , Australasia just holds a peaceful stance. China had its nuclear weapons developed out of US nuclear threats from the Korean war and throughout the 50's. When did India get threatened with nuclear warfare? That's right, I don't recall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom