What's new

India get the first 3 MiG29UPG fighters

Only, if the jet fuel doesn't blow up, which we know how likely it is. Direct hits into the tanks, usually end up in a fireball.

One of the scenarios you mentioned, namely AAA fire wouldn't be a concern for the IAF, because I'm sure they wouldn't use the mig 29s for a low level flight and bombing run. That role would be performed by the jags and mig 27s now, and Rafales in future. Even with this upgrade, the mig 29 won't be able to fulfill as many roles as a rafale can.

MiG corporation passed the first 3 MiG29 fighters modernised till UPG version over to India

Indian_MiG-29_UPG_+Fighter_.jpg

Looks awesome , how it compares to recent upgraded PAF Teens.
Hope Indian 29s get the same color scheme.

Looks awesome , how it compares to recent upgraded PAF Teens.
Hope Indian 29s get the same color scheme.
They will share everything with the Block 52. But the range, engines and payload capacity will remain the same. However if you want to believe Prasun K.Sengupta who brought us the famous KLJ-7 Radar's 105km for 5m2 poster outta no where, the MLUs will only have the APG-66 radar(72km for 5m2) and not the APG-68(V)9 (105km for 5m2)of the Block 52, compared to 120km for 5m2 of the Zhuk-M2E of the MiG-29UPG.

IAF UPGs will most probably have the grey scheme. Pics are posted in previous pages.

1) The
international segment of the avionics suite
comprises a Thales helmet-mounted target
designator, a Sagem inertial/satellite
navigation system, an Indian EW system
and an Israeli ECM station, with the same
system installed in the MiG-29K/KUB.

Will the HMD be the Topsight-I or the Shch-3UM-1 or something else?

2797152.jpg

upgradedmig29upg1.jpg

upgradedmig29upg2.jpg

I think that only Mig 29k of the IN are using Topsights as of now.

as of now yes, but mki and mirage soon will get updated with top sight. mki now has SURA-K HMS. i don't know why mig 29KUB and Lca also can't have the top sight as a part of standardization.

They will share everything with the Block 52. But the range, engines and payload capacity will remain the same. However if you want to believe Prasun K.Sengupta who brought us the famous KLJ-7 Radar's 105km for 5m2 poster outta no where, the MLUs will only have the APG-66 radar(72km for 5m2) and not the APG-68(V)9 (105km for 5m2)of the Block 52, compared to 120km for 5m2 of the Zhuk-M2E of the MiG-29UPG.

Mr. Prasun K. Sengupta is wrong.

He claims PAF changed that order and used that money for 2005 earthquake victims. He is your hero for boosting the range of your JF-17's radar from 85km for 5m2(as reported in janes) to 105km for 5m2. Atleast give him some credit. Even the chinese 50centers didn't get that info.

as of now yes, but mki and mirage soon will get updated with top sight. mki now has SURA-K HMS. i don't know why mig 29KUB and Lca also can't have the top sight as a part of standardization.
Even KUB will get Topsight AFAIK.

"This decisive phase marks the end of qualification for the Topsight-E HMSD, which is now fully integrated to the MiG-29K/KUB cockpit, including ejection seat and weapon delivery and navigation system."
"Thales will supply the IAF's MiG-29 fighter aircraft with 'TOTEM-3000' new generation Inertial Navigation and Global Positioning System.Thales, in addition line-fit, supplies the Indian Navy's newly built MiG-29KUB aircraft with the Topsight E helmet-mounted sight and display (HMSD), for which it successfully completed integration phase in November 2009."
Weapon and Technology: IAF MIG-29 Upgrades
You meant UPG but typed KUB by mistake?

Anyway:

MiG-21 Bis : No HMS
MiG-21 Bison : Sura-K HMS

Su-30MKI : Sura-K HMS

MiG-29B : Shchel-3UM HMS
MiG-29UPG : Shchel-3UM-1 HMS

MiG-29K : Topsight-I HMDS

Mirage-2000H : No HMS
Mirage-2000UPG : Topsight-I HMDS

Only MiG-29K has HMDS as of now. Mirage Upgrade is only now beginning and not even a single aircraft has been upgraded.

Does Jaguar and MiG-27 upgrades have any HMS on them? I'm not giving these fighter-bombers any read lately.

Tejas will have DASH HMDS. No idea if it has been integrated yet.

He claims PAF changed that order and used that money for 2005 earthquake victims. He is your hero for boosting the range of your JF-17's radar from 85km for 5m2(as reported in janes) to 105km for 5m2. Atleast give him some credit. Even the chinese 50centers didn't get that info.

"This decisive phase marks the end of qualification for the Topsight-E HMSD, which is now fully integrated to the MiG-29K/KUB cockpit, including ejection seat and weapon delivery and navigation system."
"Thales will supply the IAF's MiG-29 fighter aircraft with 'TOTEM-3000' new generation Inertial Navigation and Global Positioning System.Thales, in addition line-fit, supplies the Indian Navy's newly built MiG-29KUB aircraft with the Topsight E helmet-mounted sight and display (HMSD), for which it successfully completed integration phase in November 2009."

Anyway:

Only MiG-29K has HMDS as of now. Mirage Upgrade is only now beginning and not even a single aircraft has been upgraded.
yes that was(KUB) was a mistake.

Anyway:

+Super Sukhois will all come with a next gen HMDS (the exact one is not known as of yet). LCA already has DASH HMDS intergrated. Mig-29UPG will come with the same HMDS on the IN's "K/KUB"- the TOPSIGHT-I.

No no.. read the my previous posts and also the upgrade package detailed in that red pic posted by someone above. MiG-29UPG will not have Topsight.

Back
Top Bottom