What's new

India eyes $30 billion trade with Pakistan

no trade with india till india end it's negative behaviour...

period

Well, it has more to do with Kashmiri as well. If we had a situation in which Kashmiris were unanimously in favor of staying with India, then there was no question.
It has to do with reconciliation.

Reconciliation with your geographic boundaries , cherishing you have & not lamenting about what you have not.

Reconciliation with reality , reconciliation with the fact that nothing on the ground has changed nor ever will.

Reconciliation with the fact that it’s not worth losing your head over a piece of tail.

There is so much more.

Trade is good however here i thought India had nothing to do with Pakistan. Isnt this the official policy of Modi government towards Pakistan, i.e to Ignore Pakistan completely? @SrNair @third eye @Joe Shearer

In fact India has given MFN many times only Pak did not reciprocate. Maybe Pak thinks imports from India will destroy local industry. I am of different opinion.

For example. Just like Hyundai did in India, one car plant of Tata commercial vehicles will spawn quite a number of Pakistani ancillary units which in turn buy raw materials from Pakistan.

Now you guys can try with Chinese. Theirs might be same plan.

Give Kashmir and they’ll ask for Leah. Give that and they’ll ask for HP. Too bad we aren’t giving anything away and we don’t need to trade with pakistan. Their GDP per capita is 1600, not like they can buy much anyways.

No..We promise we will not ask after Kashmir Valley. The Kashmir Valley in IOK is muslim majority state and much of the violence in in Valley.

It has to do with reconciliation.

Reconciliation with your geographic boundaries , cherishing you have & not lamenting about what you have not.

Reconciliation with reality , reconciliation with the fact that nothing on the ground has changed nor ever will.

Reconciliation with the fact that it’s not worth losing your head over a piece of tail.

There is so much more.
Funny thing is this that India has money to fund worthless MNREGA schemes. But no money to spend on moving Kashmiri youth out of Kashmir and into jobs all over India there by resolving the militant threat. Its a question of 2-3 million people. A 2.5 trillion dollar economy is not able to accomodate these people in 70 years is what makes any claim for reconciliation dubious.

Funny thing is this that India has money to fund worthless MNREGA schemes. But no money to spend on moving Kashmiri youth out of Kashmir and into jobs all over India there by resolving the militant threat. Its a question of 2-3 million people. A 2.5 trillion dollar economy is not able to accomodate these people in 70 years is what makes any claim for reconciliation dubious.
Why not your country start some new scheme that can help in increasing your per capita GDP then ours, maybe after that we will introduce the same scheme here. We are more then capable of handling our economic situation. Kashmir has been given the same institutions as rest of india . They have got best in class colleges as IITs And NITs. They have been given same schools as rest of india and they may have been literate and educated if they instead of burning these schools may have send their children to study in there. And talking about jobs as we know private industries are important for job growth and creation maybe you will convince kashmiries to support the abolition of article 370 which doesn,t allow rest of India to own properties in Kashmir and no private company will like to setup industries that they are not sure to own. And BTW we are a 2.8 billion economy not 2.5 billion and that is quite a difference which is approximately equal to your countries economy(GDP).

Why not your country start some new scheme that can help in increasing your per capita GDP then ours, maybe after that we will introduce the same scheme here. We are more then capable of handling our economic situation.
My country's GDP per capita is about USD 42K. Thats 20 times the GDP per capita of India.
May be India can start by reaching a universal literacy followed by high participation in tertiary education.

Kashmir has been given the same institutions as rest of india .
The biggest folly is that Kashmir is a problem of pure money. Kashmir is a war-zone. Even if you throw money on it, it will still not solve the situation of people living there. Move the Kashmiri youth out of Kashmir then you will have way lesser problem. Get them jobs while you are at it and they will be atleast indifferent to India if not favorable. The biggest folly of Indian government is to keep Kashmiris in an active war-zone.
But then, it has been too late.

They have got best in class colleges as IITs And NITs.
IITs and NITs are basically decent undergrad institutes. While they are worth while mentioning, they are far from world class. That said, it is not even the issue here. Issue is Indian government's failure to integrate Kashmiri in India and failure at moving youth from an environment which makes them feel like they are dealing with an oppressor. Just moving them into rest of India would have been enough.

They have been given same schools as rest of india and they may have been literate and educated if they instead of burning these schools may have send their children to study in there.
Same as above.

And talking about jobs as we know private industries are important for job growth and creation maybe you will convince kashmiries to support the abolition of article 370 which doesn,t allow rest of India to own properties in Kashmir and no private company will like to setup industries that they are not sure to own.
No private player will establish a business in an active war-zone that Kashmir valley has become. It is important to take the Kashmiris out of that situation and into safer places. Kashmiris react to job and employment opportunities in a manner similar to rest of humans. IIRC they showed up in huge number for meager no of positions even in Indian Army.

And BTW we are a 2.8 billion economy not 2.5 billion and that is quite a difference which is approximately equal to your countries economy(GDP).
Canadian economy is north of 1.5 trillion dollar, so your numbers do not add.
BTW, 2.8 is projected GDP for 2018. As we know, 2018 has quite a few months left.

My country's GDP per capita is about USD 42K. Thats 20 times the GDP per capita of India.
May be India can start by reaching a universal literacy followed by high participation in tertiary education.

The biggest folly is that Kashmir is a problem of pure money. Kashmir is a war-zone. Even if you throw money on it, it will still not solve the situation of people living there. Move the Kashmiri youth out of Kashmir then you will have way lesser problem. Get them jobs while you are at it and they will be atleast indifferent to India if not favorable. The biggest folly of Indian government is to keep Kashmiris in an active war-zone.
But then, it has been too late.

IITs and NITs are basically decent undergrad institutes. While they are worth while mentioning, they are far from world class. That said, it is not even the issue here. Issue is Indian government's failure to integrate Kashmiri in India and failure at moving youth from an environment which makes them feel like they are dealing with an oppressor. Just moving them into rest of India would have been enough.

Same as above.

No private player will establish a business in an active war-zone that Kashmir valley has become. It is important to take the Kashmiris out of that situation and into safer places. Kashmiris react to job and employment opportunities in a manner similar to rest of humans. IIRC they showed up in huge number for meager no of positions even in Indian Army.

Canadian economy is north of 1.5 trillion dollar, so your numbers do not add.
BTW, 2.8 is projected GDP for 2018. As we know, 2018 has quite a few months left.

Calling yourself a Canadian hence prove the inability of Pakistan to have some sort of reputation in this world.You must remain attached to your roots however big you get. And if you are a Canadian you don't have a say in kashmir but that i really doubt.
And for your kind information Kashmir is no war-zone .Talking about huge number of people showing up for vacancies thats a different reason and you will understand it if you go through the history of insurgency in south kashmir and north of it. and for economy the economic data for the last quarter is gonna come next month and i am saying that with respect to it.
Calling IITs and NITs a decent undergrad university is a undermining there role in Education sector while the students from these institutes are the CEOs of some of the world,s biggest companies not only that they are one of the driving force in silicon valley and are shaping the future of INDIA in some ways. Maybe these institutes are not top of the world but these are obviously world class and there is always room for improvisation and in our case there is a ton of work to do but we always stand tall with our head held high coz whatever we have achieved is because of our own hardwork and not on someone's mercy.
And yes if you think that kashmiri youths are not treated well in other part of india then you are totally mistaken. Its not the job of government of india to send kashmiri youths to other part of india for jobs , GoI can only generate jobs and there are plenty of jobs availaible here if you qualify for the job but its upto a particular person if he wants to leave his home and in case of kashmiri people most of them don't want to leave their homeland.

And yes Don't try to be ashamed of your nationality however small it be.
At rather times i am called upon as a low grade person of a third world country but i am never ashamed of it because i have faith in my nation that it will never let me or any of its citizen down.

And Don't expect much of a reply from me since i am just a follower on this site and post rarely.
And Sorry if offended.

Last edited:
Calling yourself a Canadian hence prove the inability of Pakistan to have some sort of reputation in this world.You must remain attached to your roots however big you get. And if you are a Canadian you don't have a say in kashmir but that i really doubt.
If being born in Canada makes you Canadian, then yes, I am guilty as charged.

That said I have no connection what so ever with Pakistan. I am ethnically Sikh, my family originated from Chandigarh, Punjab.

And for your kind information Kashmir is no war-zone .Talking about huge number of people showing up for vacancies thats a different reason and you will understand it if you go through the history of insurgency in south kashmir and north of it. and for economy the economic data for the last quarter is gonna come next month and i am saying that with respect to it.
I am more used to live in places where random houses are not blown every now and then to smoke out militants. Where Army does not marches in the street every other day and you are not woken up by the noise of machine guns or cannons. Death toll of India and Pakistan Army each year is north of 100 in Kashmir.
I don't know if any one will call such a place anything but a war-zone.

Calling IITs and NITs a decent undergrad university is a undermining there role in Education sector while the students from these institutes are the CEOs of some of the world,s biggest companies not only that they are one of the driving force in silicon valley and are shaping the future of INDIA in some ways. Maybe these institutes are not top of the world but these are obviously world class and there is always room for improvisation and in our case there is a ton of work to do but we always stand tall with our head held high coz whatever we have achieved is because of our own hardwork and not on someone's mercy.
Ask yourself, how many of grads from IITs and NITs do their masters from IITs and NITs or even from India?

Alternatively, how many masters grads from IITs or NITs do their Phd from these institutes.

Alternatively, do masters and phds from IITs or NITs get opportunities which are not offered to bachelors of their alma maters?

IITs and NITs are not known for their masters and phd students or grads but mainly for their bachelors. I do not know what to call them if not decent undergrad schools!

And yes if you think that kashmiri youths are not treated well in other part of india then you are totally mistaken. Its not the job of government of india to send kashmiri youths to other part of india for jobs , GoI can only generate jobs and there are plenty of jobs availaible here if you qualify for the job but its upto a particular person if he wants to leave his home and in case of kashmiri people most of them don't want to leave their homeland.

Its not a question of only offering opportunities to Kashmiri. It is more of a question of offering opportunities, motivation and support to Kashmiri to settle in rest of India away from Army dominated, war-zone of Kashmir.

And yes Don't try to be ashamed of your nationality however small it be.
The biggest mistakes are made by making unwarranted assumptions and sweeping generalizations. Like you have shown so remarkably.

At rather times i am called upon as a low grade person of a third world country but i am never ashamed of it because i have faith in my nation that it will never let me or any of its citizen down.
I don't know what you are talking about. I guess you need to hang around better folks. Folks who do not judge you by your skin color or assume and judge you based on your ethnic origin.

And Don't expect much of a reply from me since i am just a follower on this site and post rarely.
And Sorry if offended.
Yes you have offended, but not me your own intelligence. Jumping to conclusions and making unwarrented assumptions are linked to poor life choices. I hope best for you.

Last edited:
Trade on the name of killing our brotgers and sisters no trade with india

Kind of hilarious that on one side everyone's pointing out how Pakistan will get destroyed by China's manufacturing base.

But here it's all good if India exports $30 Billion to Pakistan... Because let's not fool ourselves, when has Pakistan ever had a solid economic plan?

Goods and Trade In/DIRECTLY favor India but movies and TV serials DIRECTLY IMPACT pakistan's psychology and existence ... First BAN Brothelwood and Hindi TV serial then come to trade. :woot:

India eyes $30 billion trade with Pakistan
Business
by Muhammad Irfan |

He said despite many issues/ hindrances, the bilateral trade last year figured dollars 2.2 billion. The fact is that the trade potential on both the sides was more than 30 billion dollars per year.

When his comments were sought on Indian stance on China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), he simply said his country’s position was very clear on CPEC for certain reasons. However, he added, it was good to establish connectivity in the region.

President KCCI Muffasar Atta Malik, Chairman, Businessmen Group in KCCI Siraj Kassam Teli, Senior Vice President Abdul Basit Haji Abdul Razzaq were also present.

Indians want to use Pakistan to transit to Afghanistan, Iran, and Central Asia. Indians want a market for their industries in Pakistan. If a trade deal does not overwhelming benefit Pakistan vis a vi India, we should reject it. No sense, while we are modernizing to become dependent on the Indians; weaken our industries on their behalf, otherwise our 70 years of independence will be all for naught.

Back
Top Bottom